|Microsoft Visio import library|
|The Document Liberation Project|
|Maintainers||David Tardon (dtardonredhat.com)
Eilídh McAdam (tibbylicklegmail.com)
Fridrich Strba (fridrich.strbabluewin.ch)
Libvisio is a library that parses the file format of Microsoft Visio documents of all versions.
Getting the sources
libvisio sources are stored in git. To get them, you can use:
git clone git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/libvisio
or you can browse the code online.
Source tarballs of all released versions can be found here.
Building the code
You will need these tools and libraries to build libvisio:
autotools-dev automake libtool boost gperf icu librevenge libxml2 perl doxygen # optional for documentation building (can be disabled by passing --without-docs to configure)
Once you have the source code and the dependencies, you can proceed to build. To do that, run the customary sequence of commands in the source code directory:
./autogen.sh ''# only needed for building from git'' ./configure make make install
To run tests you could type command:
There are several ways to analyse Visio files:
- for binary format (.vsd) OLE Toy could be used
- for Office Open XML (OOXML) XML files (.vsdx), the Chromium/Chrome extension could be used
- for analasing from Visio, enabling Developer mode is recommended (Open the File tab, Options, Advanced, and under General, select Run in developer mode). After that the Developer tab will be available, as shown here.
The information about LibreOffice Draw file format is available here.
The information how to setup development environment is available at: libvisio-setup
Integration to repository
Once you have made a change that you are happy with, contribute it back, we'll be happy to integrate it! There are two ways to get your contribution to us:
- Submitting it to gerrit (strongly preferred, easier if you already have done the initial setup). How to work with gerrit is described here. Example of creating review:
git push ssh://gerrit.libreoffice.org:29418/libvisio HEAD:refs/for/master
- Sending a patch.
git format-patch origin/master -1
- will create one or more patch files. These you can send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please prefix the subject with "[PATCH] libvisio: ".