Frequently asked questions - Draw
How do I resize and move a Fontwork object?
Modify the size of a Fontwork object
With the mouse
When selecting a Fontwork object, eight square handles are visible around the object. Click and drag one of these handle to modify the size of the object.
NB: if you want to preserve proportion of the object (ratio height/width), keep pressed ⇧ Shift while clicking and dragging handles.
- Once the object selected, choose one of these command:
- select menu ▸ (or ▸ ▸ in Writer or ▸ ▸ in Impress);
- right click to open context menu and select ▸ ;
- hit F4 (in Draw or Impress).
- In Position and Size dialog:
- select Position and Size tab;
- enter exact values for the width and height of the object;
- validate with .
NB: to preserve proportion of the object, check Keep ratio checkbox before modifying values.
Resize Fontwork letters
When selecting a Fontwork object, a special handle (yellow circle) is also visible, most of the time located on one edge according to the chosen template. If you drag the mouse over this handle, cursor will be transformed in a hand.
You can then click and drag this handle in different directions to shrink, stretch or tilt the letters inside the Fontwork object.
Exact position of this handle can de defined in Position and Size dialog, Slant & Corner Radius tab.
Move Fontwork object
To move the object inside your document: