Follow these steps:
- insert a footer (if you have not already done so) by selecting ▸ ▸ ▸ (or the name of the Page style in use);
- with the cursor positioned in the footer, optionally insert either one or two tabs to move from the left to the middle or the right of the footer; and
- select the ▸ ▸ menu.
By default the date is fixed to that of the day you insert the field. To get the date updated or change its format:
- double click the date field;
- choose whether to keep a fixed date (Date (fixed)), or to have it updated when fields are updated (Date);
- choose the format of the date, and its offset in days (positive or negative); and
- validate with OK.
More specific dates are available:
- select the ▸ ▸ menu (Ctrl+F2);
- select DocInformation tab;
- to retrieve:
- in the Select list, select Date
- in the Format list, select the format you want to use;
- to get the field value fixed, check Fixed content, otherwise the field could be modified during an update;
- click Insert; and
- click Close.
* If the information does not exist (if the file has not yet been saved or has not yet been printed) the field stays empty and nothing is visible.
- If the information does not exist (if the file has not yet been saved or has not yet been printed) the field stays empty and nothing is visible.