Frequently asked questions - Writer
Follow these steps :
- insert a footer (if you have not already done so) by selecting ▸ ▸ (or the name of the Page style in use)
- with the cursor positioned in the footer, optionally insert either one or two tabs to move from the left to the middle or the right of the footer.;
- select the ▸ ▸ menu;
By default the date is fixed to that of the day you insert the field. To get the date updated or change its format:
- double click the date field;
- choose whether to keep a fixed date (Date (fixed)), or to have it updated when fields are updated (Date);
- choose the format of the date, and its offset in days (positive or negative);
- validate with OK.
More specific dates are available:
- select the ▸ ▸ menu (Ctrl+F2)
- select Info Document tab.
- To retrieve:
- the date the document was created, select Created*
- the date the document was last modified, select Modified*
- the date the document was last printed, select Last Print*
- in the Select list, select Date
- in the Format list, select the format you want to use;
- to get the field value fixed, check Fixed content, otherwise the field could be modified during an update;
- click Insert
- click Close.
Note : if instead of the date, the name of the field is displayed, unckeck the▸ menu (Ctrl+F9).
Note : to know how the fields are updated, see the Help Fields ; Automatic update. You can also force the update through the▸ ▸ menu (F9).
* If the information does not exist (if the file has not yet been saved or has not yet been printed) the field stays empty and nothing is visible.