LibreOffice Hackfest 2013 in Freiburg
From November, 1st-3rd 2013, the fourth LibreOffice Hackfest 2013 will take place in the.
- 1 Travel
- 2 Travel Bursaries
- 3 Venue
- 4 Lodging possibilities
- 5 Participants
- 6 Agenda
- 7 Achievements
- 8 After Action Reports
Address: ArTik e.V.
Friedrichring 2 (VAG-House at Siegesdenkmal)
A5 Karlsruhe -> Freiburg Middle <- Basel
Leave the A5 at the highway exit "Freiburg Mitte" (freiburg middle/center) towards Freiburg on the road B31A.
Follow the B31A around 15 km and then take the exit towards "Freiburg Bahnhof" (trainstation)
At the next Trafficlight right.
Follow the road to the Main Trainstation. At the end of the Trainstation is a big road-cross with trafficlights there you have to turn right.
Follow this route to the Siegesdenkmal. The ArTik is located in an old underpass there.
Due to being in the center of the city, parking spaces are very sparse and there are none at the ArTik. There are parking lots around.
By train/public transport
After arriving at Freiburg main station, take the bus line 10 towards "Siegesdenkmal" at the bus station "Am Planetarium" north of the train station.
Alternatively, the venue is reachable by foot in about 12 minutes: from the train station, follow the Bismarckallee northwards, then turn east into the Friedrichstraße at the big crossing and walk until you are at the .
The airport of Freiburg is not reachable via commercial airlines. EuroAirportBasel is about 70 km away.
The Document Foundation may be able to refund tickets to and from the Freiburg Hackfest, after prior approval by the organizers, under the following conditions:
- transportation and accomodation, if you can't find (private) couchsurfing by chance
- volunteer-first - people affiliated with a company involved in LibreOffice work will come last
- first-come-first-served - participants will get reimbursed in order of their sign-up on the wiki attendance list, until budget runs out.
- ask the organizers as soon as possible (ideally right before booking) if budget is still available. Be aware of the fact that tax law requires us to collect original receipts, so please keep them (or hand them in right there in Freiburg)
Please be economic and pick cheap travel - that said, flights to Basel might still be available at a reasonable price.
For those who attended: If you'd like to request a travel reimbursal, please follow the HowTo at TDF/Policies/Refunding for the SPI refunding, and mail email@example.com with your documents.
The ArTik is a youth/culture centre. It is located in an converted underpass and is therefore completely underground.
Please note: there is no mobile phone coverage in the ArTik due to being underground. See http://artikfreiburg.wordpress.com/kontakt/ for the general address and a map showing the location.
(The Chaos Computer Club Freiburg = CCCFr has his headquarters there and organizes the event.)
This is the main hall where the event will take place.
bar / cafe
The bar area is the central meeting place of the ArTik with many sofas and chairs available for relaxing and chatting.
CCCFr hackerspace "Sandbox"
- conference tables for a dozen people
- a whiteboard
- a projection screen and a mount for one of the projectors (see below)
- gigabit lan network
You can't sleep at the venue. The bar area is great for relaxing, though (...)
There will be complete wireless coverage around the ArTik with the SSID LibreHackfest.
The passphrase will be announced at the conference.
Inside the main hall (grand palais), parallel 2.4 and 5ghz WLAN coverage will be provided.
We've configured a direct gigabit link grand palais and the Sandbox if file transfers are necessary.
If you need wired network / a highspeed connection in the main hall or any form of server colocation, please contact the organizers in advance. You should bring your own 3-5m network cable.
The internet connection is 50Mbit down / 10 Mbit up.
The CCCFr has two projectors with a native resolution of 1280x720px and VGA / HDMI input.
Hotels near by
Please add your name and e-mail address to this list in case you want to participate. We will use this list for planning and logistics.
- TauonTeilchen (Twitter: TauonTeilchen)
- Bjoern Michaelsen (IRC: Sweetshark)
- Marcos Paulo de Souza
- José Guilherme Vanz
- Markus Mohrhard
- Eilidh McAdam
- Italo Vignoli
- Jaqueline Rahemipour
- Florian Effenberger
- Thorsten Behrens
- Bubli & LibreBaby
- David Ostrovsky
- Luke Mertens
- Xiaoli Duan
- Wladyslaw Ostrowski
- Michael Stahl
- Jan-Marek Glogowski
- Christina Roßmanith
- Eike Rathke
- Thomas Krumbein (nur Samstag / only Saturday)
- Ellen Pape (only saturday)
- Walter Pape (only saturday)
- Edward C. Zimmermann
Various members of the CCCFr will be at the hackfest to help with the organisation.
As the Hackfest is some sort of unconference, there is no fixed agenda with items to be worked on. On this wiki page, we will compile a list of topics and issues to work on, the rest will be decided on the fly and ad hoc at the venue. This sounds rather chaotic, but usually works out quite well. ;-)
Note that Friday, 1. November is a holiday in the region and also 'dancing events' are forbidden because of this. So whatever you did, if someone asks you what it was: it wasnt dancing.
- 18:00 - 23:59 Meet and greet at the ArTik bar area
- 10:00-23:59 Hack, Hack, Hack!
- 10:00-18:00 Hack, Hack, Hack! (possibly some lighting talks in the morning)
- how to get started with EasyHacks
- Gerrit 2.8, buildbot-plugin-2.0, gerrit-generic-cmd-plugin (tb3 integration)
- UAA-IA2 bridge
- Sweetshark would mentor e.g.:
[Bug 64900] Write a PyUNO tutorial/walktrough
[Bug 70448] Write more unittests for regression hotspots
[Bug 70373] Identify unused source files
[Bug 63962] Remove LibreOffice icon themes hardcoding
[Bug 70414] create VSProject files for code editing in MSVS from gbuild
[Bug 70393] move external builds into subfolder
[Bug 63020] Replace ::comphelper::stl_begin() with boost::begin()
[Bug 70422] Move cxx files in sw/source/ui to reflect the reality on how they are linked in libraries
Since the location isn't suited for cooking, we will have to wait for the next event to get a taste of Italos cuisine art again. Instead we'll order pizza, like we did in Hamburg (and probably will run into arguments comparing the delivered German-made pizza with an original Italian one and a Brazilian "Vendetta Mafioso" ...).
(add stuff here either if you want to show something cool, or if you want to learn and get pointers about something)
- tdf#39956: ACCESSIBILITY: Implement the IAccessible2 accessibility API
- UAA to IA2 bridge integrated on feature/ia2 branch commit
- gbuildification (in progress)
- Convert Impress table design pane to ui files
- Convert Impress slideshow to drawinglayer primitives (ongoing work in a feature branch)
- tdf#40788: Allow manual breaks in Calc to be forced (Eilidh McAdam)
- Fix for Calc page scaling - see i#54993 (Eilidh McAdam)
- callgrind trace for slow mailmerge (Jan-Marek Glogowski) (see: tdf#56355
- Added tooltip to the new Elements Dock in Math - see tdf#65586 (Marcos Paulo de Souza)
- Added scrollbar in Elements Dock on Math - see tdf#65583 (WIP) (Marcos Paulo de Souza)
- some build system fixes and cleanups (including shrinking oox library by 1.5MB), and minor locking bugfixes Mst (talk)