LibreOffice Gran Canaria Hackfest 2015
The second LibreOffice Gran Canaria Hackfest will take place in the is using LibreOffice.on March 19-20 (Thursday and Friday). The City of Las Palmas
Here is a flyer for the event (English + Spanish): TBD
Campus de Tafira Baja
Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Edificio de Informática y Matemáticas
35017 Las Palmas, Spain
Location link: http://osm.org/go/bjdUWwxs?layers=N&m=
Getting to the venue
Most hackers will stay in Las Palmas center. A shuttle bus will be there on both Hackfest days and pick us up to the venue. So if you dont want to navigate to the location on your own be ready-to-go pickup at 9:00am at Hotel Concorde, afterwards (~5 mins later) pickup at Hotel Parque.
In case you miss the bus or have to arrive later or something goes wrong, there's the Guagua bus 26 going from Santa Catalina to the university, see the map of Líneas Zona Universitaria (PDF) and stops and timetable. Get off the bus at Ciencias Básicas, which is one stop after Biblioteca Universitaria near the top of a steep hill and one stop before the final stop Campus Universitario, to reach the building of Informática y Matemáticas, we are in the room Aula 1-2, third door on the right after the main entrance.
The Document Foundation may be able to refund tickets to and from the Gran Canaria Hackfest, after prior approval by the organizers, under the following conditions:
- transportation and accomodation in a shared hotel room with single beds as available on location (2 hackers sharing one room)
- volunteer-first - people affiliated with a company involved in LibreOffice work will come last
- first-come-first-served - participants will get reimbursed in order of their sign-up on the wiki attendance list, until budget runs out.
- ask the organizers as soon as possible (ideally right before booking) if budget is still available. Be aware of the fact that tax law requires us to collect original receipts, so please keep them (or hand them in right there in Gran Canaria)
Please be economic and pick cheap travel - flights to Gran Canaria should still be available at a reasonable price.
For those who attended: If you'd like to request a travel reimbursal, please follow the HowTo at TDF/Policies/Refunding for the SPI refunding, and mail email@example.com with your documents.
- Your laptop
- A recent build of LibreOffice
- A network-cable
- A Switch/Router
- A powerstrip
Please add yourself to the list as early as possible, so we can plan travels and budget.
- Thorsten Behrens
- Katarina Behrens
- Stephan Bergmann
- Eike Rathke
- Markus Mohrhard
- Alexander Werner
- Svante Schubert
- Juergen Funk
- Introductory talk to students: Thursday 13:30 to 14:30, in the large auditorium of the CS faculty
- Student hands-on session: Thursday 16:30, lab room 1-1
The venue will be available to us 10:00 to 20:00 on both days. We plan to have some hotel lobby / beach-front hacking afterwards (if weather and battery levels permit).
If you're attending the hackfest, add your name next to what you might like to work on and feel free to add bugs.
|Bug / Area of Code or Topic||Developer(s)|
|tdf#89958 as a hands-on example of how to dive into Calc spreadsheet code||mentor: Eike Rathke (erAck)|
If you're attending, feel free to add to the list.
Ideas from the Crowd
Feel free to add some.
- Low-hanging fruit: Improve usability of PDF export of documents with comments. Recently Caolán implemented the possibility in Writer to print PDFs with comments inside the margin. However, this is limited to printing, because no one has touched the PDF export dialogue yet. Like printing, PDF exporting of documents with comments is a very common use case. Hence, this new feature is not available in the PDF export dialogue, although the feature itself is actually implemented. Caolán describes the (for users complicated) work-around in the related bug entry: To activate PDF export with comments, it is necessary to change the settings in ▸ ▸ ▸ . Unfortunately, there is currently no way to activate/deactivate it from the PDF export dialog itself! Please see tdf#77650 for details and a sample .ui file how it could look like. This feature is a low hanging fruit as it seems to involve mostly a small change in the UI.
TBD, we havent decided a recommended Hotel location yet. For now, If you have to book, please consider Hotel Concorde (the hotel hackers slept last year) or a hotel in proximity for easy group transport to the university: http://www.hotelconcorde.org .
Getting to Hotel Concorde from the airport (LPA)
When you have left the baggage pickup area, while still in the airport building turn right and at the end of the building take the escalator one level up to the departures level. Leave the building here. In front of the building turn right. (Note to those who've been there in 2014: the bus stop was relocated!) You will see a provisional passageway leading to other terminals in construction. Cross there and cross the parking lot behind (you won't see the bus stop before actually going there), proceed to the second bus stop labelled "Las Palmas - San Telmo - Santa Catalina". Wait here for a bus of line 60 that gets you to the station "Santa Catalina" (some buses of the line stop earlier). A ticket should be 2.95 EUR.
When you arrive at estacion Santa Catalina, you will be at a underground level. Take the escalator up. You are now on a city plaza (Parque Santa Catalina). For the directionally challanged, here is a hint: The harbor/coastline is to your east. Go to the north (Thats roughly the direction of the big concrete tower labeled "AC hoteles"). The first paved road you cross should be "Calle Luis Morote". Follow it westward (that is away from the coast). After a few small intersections, you cross "Tomas Miller". When you are at the intersection you already see the entrance of Hotel Concorde. All in all a 5 minutes walk from the bus station.
- Fixed and debugged problems around axis positioning related to dialogs and OOXML import (dialog part fixed, cause of OOXML part discovered) commit (Markus)
- Helped Laurent Godard find a solution for tdf#90042 (Markus, Eike)
- Cleaned my patch set for conditional formatting and dxf import into orcus (Markus)
- Import of minimum and maximum data bar length from OOXML (Markus)
- Continous Integration tests for our infrastructure, screencast on how to contribute to our salt states (Alex)
- debugged and fixed tdf#89597 (Bubli)
- debugged and fixed tdf#84228 (Bubli)
- quick TDF / LibreOffice pitch in front of (small) ULPGC audience (Thorsten)
- failed attempts to somehow block forced updates client-side (no suitable hooks available)