LibreOffice Paris Hackfest 2014
The first LibreOffice Paris Hackfest will take place inon June 27-28 (Friday and Saturday). Montreuil is situated very near Paris and Simplo.co is reached by subway.
Here is a flyer for the event (English + French): File:HackfestParis2014Flyer.odg
Simplon.co is a startup factory where they empower entrepreneur-programmers
Getting to the venue
From Gare du Nord, take the metro line 4, direction Mairie de Montrouge, then change at Strasbourg St Denis and take the line 9, direction Mairie de Montreuil and go out at Croix de Chaveaux. For other directions, an interactive map in English: http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php?lang=uk
The Document Foundation may be able to refund tickets to and from Paris Hackfest, after prior approval by the organizers, under the following conditions:
- transportation and accomodation in a shared hotel room with single beds as available on location (2 hackers sharing one room)
- volunteer-first - people affiliated with a company involved in LibreOffice work will come last
- first-come-first-served - participants will get reimbursed in order of their sign-up on the wiki attendance list, until budget runs out.
- ask the organizers as soon as possible (ideally right before booking) if budget is still available. Be aware of the fact that tax law requires us to collect original receipts, so please keep them (or hand them in right there in Paris)
Please be economic and pick cheap travel - flights to Paris should still be available at a reasonable price.
For those who attended: If you'd like to request a travel reimbursal, please follow the HowTo at TDF/Policies/Refunding for the SPI refunding, and mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your documents.
The deadline for the initial batch of travel bursaries is May 31st, 2014 23:59UTC (Sunday evening). After that deadline there might still be funding served, if available, but it wont take precedence over existing promises.
- Your laptop
- A recent build of LibreOffice
- A network-cable
- A Switch/Router
- A powerstrip
- A towel. ;-)
Please add yourself to the list as early as possible, so we can plan travels and budget.
- Norbert Thiebaud (shm_get)
- Michael Meeks (mmeeks)
- Lionel Elie Mamane (lmamane)
- Mohamed-Ali BEN MANSOUR (dali)
- Charles-H. Schulz (chs - southerncross__) : Organizer
- Sophie Gautier (sophi) : Organizer
- Markus Mohrhard (moggi)
- Italo Vignoli (italovignoli) : Media
- Jan Holesovsky (Kendy)
- Laurent Balland-Poirier (jumbo444) (only Saturday)
- David Ostrovsky
- Andrzej Hunt (ahunt)
- Pinel Stéphane (Factooor)
- Roughly 09:00 to 18:30 each day (though we may de-camp elsewhere to work later)
If you're attending the hackfest, add your name next to what you might like to work on and feel free to add bugs.
If you're attending, feel free to add to the list.
- Current version of Gerrit Code Review is intermittently broken as explain here and here fixed here and here. We should consider to patch it.
Ideas from the Crowd
Feel free to add some.
- The most popular enhancement request has been nicely added by Caolán for LO 4.3: Proper printing documents with comments (tdf#36815). However, PDF-exporting of documents with comments unfortunately is still overly complex, so that normal end users will not be able to use it (see bug description of tdf#77650). All features are actually there, but no one has added them to the PDF export dialog, yet. Details and an idea how it could look like in tdf#77650. This feature is a low hanging fruit as it seems to involve mostly a small change in the UI. Like printing, PDF exporting of documents with comments is a very common use case.
- What is the future of Table Styles in Calc? There are currently two implementations and none is really promoted: tdf#77569, tdf#44762, tdf#44763
▸ ▸ ▸ as well as ▸ . seems to be much more powerful and fits much better with LibreOffice's styles concept, but is quite hidden for the end user:
- And will this be integrated at some point? https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?h=feature/table-style
- The very old bug to get a new viewing option of a page in Writer, similar to MS WORD's normal view (tdf#37967)
While the venue is in Montreuil it makes sense to be in hotels in Paris that are well connected to Montreuil. Montreuil itself does not have many hotels. Ibis Hotels are convenient and affordable.
- Ibis Hotel at Bastille currently has several rooms available
- David, Kendy, Markus, Michael, Norbert are staying here - perhaps others.
- Ibis Hotel Porte de Montreuil is also available
In general it is better to stay inside Paris for the night and the choices and standing of hotels outside it is limited.
- Profiled / accelerated headless startup by some ~5% (Michael)
- Improved writerfilter / DOCX import performance (Michael)
- Started to merge distro branches for various uses (Michael)
- Integrated LibreOfficeKit into the Android port, and fixed bootstrapping problems (Kendy)
- Fixed a memory corruption in chart2 (Markus)
- Started work on Data Table feature in calc (Markus)
- Started to solve tdf#68341: remove spaces during test of java class name for JDBC pilot UI (Laurent BP)
- Crash: in-process-Firebird and LibreOffice shutdown process stepping one over each other's toes (Lionel & Norbert)
- Progress on odbc-on-MacOS_X (Lionel & Norbert)
- firebird driver memory management issues (Lionel & Norbert)
- ODBC: support platforms (such as MacOS X) where wide characters is UCS4 (Lionel & Norbert)
- Crash: calc shutdown and base shutdown stepping one over each other's toes (Lionel & Norbert)
- Impress Remote Dialog (Andrzej):
- Some polishing: No more flickering when trying to enter a pin, focus on the pin box when a remote is selected (and also no default value in the pin box any more), dialog can now be started when focus isn't in the slide pane (i.e. slide sorter or outline) tdf#63378, killed some memory leaks, killed some unused code.
- Implemented removal of previously authorised remotes.
Labels to create T-Shirts:File:T-Shirt-Montreuil2014.zip |