LibreItalia 2015 Hackfest
|Dates||November 28, 2015|
In connection with the second LibreItalia Conference in Terni, we're organizing the first ever LibreOffice hackfest in Italy on Saturday, November 28th from 14.00 to 17.00.
The venue for the event is:
The address is:
Via Teatro Romano, Terni - IT
This is the first Italian Hackfest so we'd like to focus on "LibreOffice for beginners developers". The plan is to introduce as many people as possible to LibreOffice development. We want to make sure that:
- attendees' laptops are configured so they are ready to hack when they get home
- they know the basics of LibreOffice build system
- they know which tools and processes are used for LibreOffice development
- they tackle an EasyHack
We'll give examples and hints for Linux machines, if you are on windows / mac os x we are sorry but you are on your own.
Getting to the venue
- your laptop with at least 30GB of free disk space
- a recent checkout of LibreOffice:
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core libreoffice
- gerrit account and git integration Development/gerrit/setup
- your C/C++ skills :)
- an OpenID account (register to launchpad.net if you are unsure)
- a https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/ account
- if you have never built LibreOffice make sure you have proper dependencies:
Debian/Ubuntu: sudo apt-get build-dep libreoffice OpenSUSE 11.4+: sudo zypper si -d libreoffice Fedora 22+: sudo dnf builddep libreoffice Fedora 21+: sudo yum-builddep libreoffice
Registration: Conference and hackfest registration
Please add yourself to the list as early as possible, so we can plan the event accordingly.
|First Name||Last Name||user page||can push to gerrit|
- Riccardo: fixup --without-x breakage by building against properly configured internal cairo
Two patches commited from new contributors:
Hackfest Virtual Machines
We'll use TDF provided VM in order to get Developers up to speed faster. We'll try to get their personal machine setup while they are working on the VM.
We need to give cloph at least a week notice. Default setup for machines are for 7 users, we may ask more disk space to fit more people. We don't have anyone knowledgeable about bibisect but if we need to use bibisect we have to specify that when requesting the VM.