Why should one choose LibreOffice as successor for OpenOffice or Microsoft Office?
- the most complete Free and Open Source Office Suite
- the "Swiss Army knife" of office suites enabling access to proprietary formats which become unsupported over time
- supporting interoperability and open standards
- the project with the fastest growing number of features thanks to one of the fastest development pace in the industry
- a community powered software: anyone can join and each contribution counts
- available in over a hundred different languages
- and available on many platforms and operating systems including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X
- independent: it is run by the people and for the people through the Document Foundation, its representative entity
Headquartered in Europe (Berlin), The Document Foundation and the LibreOffice project are independent, free from vendor capture and free from governmental data collection and surveillance. Unique features : LibreOffice offers you a great set of tools for office-productivity work. Here we give you the headlights of the hundreds of features and improvements unique to LibreOffice, added since 2010. Sections: Interoperability and performance, User interface Improvements, Writer, Calc, Impress, Match, Base, Localisations, and Miscellaneous.
Read about the vast amount of improved or unique functions (though to be updated for 4.2 and 4.3 ..) at the: