- General: new naming scheme
- Starting with version 4.0.0, the LibreOffice installer files have a new naming scheme. The most important is that "LibO" is replaced by "LibreOffice" in the names - so if you uses scripts to download the packages, please update them to the new schema.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.6, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- All executable files and shared libraries in the LibreOffice installations are signed by The Document Foundation.
- Duden Korrektor will work with this version only if you put the stlport_vc7145.dll from 3.6.x installation somewhere in your %PATH%. Note that you will have to have also MSVCR90.DLL installed on your system.
- Mac Intel packages are now signed by The Document Foundation, and should pass 10.8 Gatekeeper without intervention. Please report problems here as a bug.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.0.6 RC1:
- coverity#736174 yikes, sizeof(char) includes 0, so 4 not 3 [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#47482 FILESAVE: Password corrupted/lost on save as openoffice 1.0 format [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#52004 macOS Installer background images offset on macOS 10.7.x and later [Andras Timar]
- tdf#58144 disable the ARP 'Remove' button on Windows XP [Andras Timar]
- tdf#62044 Copy Paste from Impress break Writer's Heading Styles (Heading 1, Heading 2, etc) [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#62994 REPORTBUILDER: failed to process reports with empty text-boxes not connected to data [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#64400 DXF import mangles Text [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#64495 Writer 4 cannot find regular expressions like \xAD or \x00AB [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#67796 setting language via status bar messes up table selection [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#69384 Copy paste from impress to writer broken [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#69948 EDITING: insert sheet from file - 'modify link' feature not working [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#70143 EDITING: undo search&replace corrupt text when searching backward [Arnaud Versini]
- tdf#70319 FILEOPEN: Detect special numbers in Text Import when open a csv [Eike Rathke]
- i#123417 Crash exporting to pdf with IFAOGrec Unicode font [Herbert Dürr]
- rhbz#1013844 Saved password-protected SXW files cannot be opened again [Caolán McNamara]
- rhbz#1014010 missing dependencies in isBootstrapType list [Stephan Bergmann]
- rhbz#1015594 CVE-2013-2924 icu: use-after-free flaw leads to denial of service [fedora-all] [Eike Rathke]
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues involved for the 4.0.6 release: QA-team, bugreporters, developers. Not covered in this stats of course are the many community members in other areas like l10n/translation and marketing, user support that also deserve a big thank you.
Below a list of people who interacted in bugzilla with the corresponding bug-count (created using this script)
19 Michael Stahl 12 tommy27 8 Julien Nabet 8 Joel Madero 7 Michael Meeks 6 Caolán McNamara 5 Jorendc 5 James 5 Andras Timar 4 Rainer Bielefeld Retired 4 Noel Power 4 Miklos Vajna 4 Lionel Elie Mamane 4 Laurent BP 3 ign_christian 3 Urmas 3 Thomas van der Meulen 3 Pedro 3 Mike Kaganski 3 Florian Reisinger 3 Eike Rathke 3 Cor Nouws 3 Björn Michaelsen 2 sophie 2 mariosv 2 bfoman 2 Winfried Donkers 2 Valter Mura 2 V Stuart Foote 2 Tor Lillqvist 2 Thorsten Behrens 2 Terrence Enger 2 Richard 2 Petr Mladek 2 László Németh 2 Jean-Baptiste Faure 2 Arnaud Versini 2 Alex Thurgood 1 ysn 1 voltaic 1 pierre-yves samyn 1 mhofmann 1 melchiaros 1 iveand 1 irs 1 fmjrey 1 erdebugger 1 dg1727 1 choffardet 1 ape 1 Zolnai Tamás 1 Ysabeau 1 Wilson Wang 1 Vineet 1 UCLAgeek 1 Tomas 1 Stephan Bergmann 1 Stanislav Horacek 1 Roman Eisele 1 Ralf 1 Owen Genat 1 Osama Khalid 1 Norbert Thiebaud 1 Nikos 1 Niklas Johansson 1 MrBrownwait 1 Milan Bouchet-Valat 1 Mihovil Stanic [:Mikeyy - L10n HR] 1 Mihkel Tõnnov 1 Matt 1 Markus Mohrhard 1 Marcus 1 Marco Menardi 1 MAMOHT 1 Lubos Lunak 1 Klaus 1 Jozef Mlich 1 Jouni Kosonen 1 Joan Guillén 1 Jeffrey 1 Jan Rheinländer 1 Jan Holesovsky 1 Jacqueline Rahemipour 1 Ivan Timofeev 1 Herbert Stalp 1 Hans Immel 1 Foss 1 Federico Kereki 1 EricO 1 Emir Sarı 1 Domingo Sacristan 1 David Greaves 1 Colin Jubb 1 Christopher M. Penalver 1 Christian Prim 1 Chris Wilson 1 Cheng-Chia Tseng 1 Carlo Strata 1 Boris Dušek 1 Ashish Patel 1 Alexxis 1 Aldo Fiorentin 1 Aibara 1 Adolfo (fitoschido) 1 Adam CloudOn