- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 4.2, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and other ODF supporting software, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice Windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- Mac OS X:
- LibreOffice 4.2.3 RC2 is available as a 64bit version for Mac OS X 10.8 or later
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
Symbol Server for debugging on Windows
Starting with LibreOffice 4.2.0 RC1, debugging symbols (pdb files) for Windows builds will be available from our symbol server at http://dev-downloads.libreoffice.org/symstore/symbols (note: this is not a webbrowsable resource, it is meant to be used by debugging tools like WinDbg. See our documentation on How to get a backtrace with WinDbg for details on how to set it up. And starting with 4.2.0 RC2, the debuggin symbols are also source indexed.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.2.3 RC1:
- tdf#51819 autorecovery: fix saving password in protected documents. [Matúš Kukan]
- tdf#68779 RTF import: set borders without explicit width [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#74155 mailmerge output path fix [Andras Timar]
- tdf#74549 the type in the Any is a util::Date and not a DateTime, [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#75040 fix application of help's stylesheet [Andras Timar]
- tdf#75110 SwEditShell::DeleteSel fix start of selection when bSelAll == true [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#75460 sw: fix AutoScroll [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#75642 check the high position block correctly. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#75872 ODF import: fix up graphics defaults stroke/fill colors [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#76032 this row index is 1-based whereas our own mnRow is 0-based. [Kohei Yoshida]
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues involved for the 4.2.0 release: QA-team, bugreporters, developers. Not covered in this stats of course are the many community members in other areas like l10n/translation and marketing, user support that also deserve a big thank you.
Below a list of people who interacted in bugzilla with the corresponding bug-count (created using this script)
18 Kohei Yoshida 10 Michael Stahl 9 Jean-Baptiste Faure 8 m.a.riosv 8 Julien Nabet 8 Björn Michaelsen 7 Jorendc 7 Joel Madero 6 tommy27 5 Maxim Monastirsky 5 Caolán McNamara 5 Andras Timar 4 sophie 4 Markus Mohrhard 4 Foss 4 Adolfo Jayme 3 Miklos Vajna 3 Jacques Guilleron 3 Cor Nouws 2 ape 2 V Stuart Foote 2 Thomas van der Meulen 2 Mike Kaganski 2 Michael Meeks 2 Laurent BP 2 GerardF 2 Dominique Boutry 2 David Clayton 2 Alex Thurgood 1 wadim, rpr, ringe, ribotb, pierre-yves samyn, pharmankur, pasqual milvaques, paolog, minhsien0330, mal, lxlalexlxl, kompilainenn, ign_christian, chtfn, blubb, blank, Zolnai Tamás, Xisco Faulí, VolkerTwer, Victor V. Terber, Urmas, Tushar Bende, Tomaz Vajngerl, Tarun Kumar, Steve Bickle, Stephan van den Akker, Stephan Bergmann, Stefan Knorr (astron), S K, Ryan Dunlop, Roland Seuhs, Regina Henschel, Prashant, Philip Smith, Peter Beurle, Pedro, Owen Genat, Oleg, OfficeUser, Nikos, Nidal R, Mirek2, Milos Sramek, Michel Rudelle, Michal Svec, Matúš Kukan, Mateusz, Mark van Rossum, Marco Menardi, Marc Balmer, Manish, Lionel Elie Mamane, Larry, Karsten Henning, Juanjo, José Consuegra, John Smith, Johan van der Knijff, Francisco, Florian Reisinger, Faisal Menawer, Eneko Lacunza, Emir Sarı, Eike Rathke, Dennis, David Tardon, David Burleigh, Dave Richards, Daniel Gembom, Carlos Sevcik, Bug reporter 07, Bryan, Björgvin Ragnarsson, Bernard Moreton, Anton Derbenev, Andrzej, Anatoly Moskovsky, Alex Kempshall, Ahmad Harthi, Aaron Digulla