- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 4.1, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and other ODF supporting software, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice Windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
Extension Compatibility Version
4.2.4 RC2 aligns the minimal OpenOffice.org Reference version because of changes in MessageBox API that were imported from Apache OpenOffice.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
Symbol Server for debugging on Windows
Starting with LibreOffice 4.2.0 RC1, debugging symbols (pdb files) for Windows builds will be available from our symbol server at http://dev-downloads.libreoffice.org/symstore/symbols (note: this is not a webbrowsable resource, it is meant to be used by debugging tools like WinDbg. See our documentation on How to get a backtrace with WinDbg for details on how to set it up. And starting with 4.2.0 RC2, the debugging symbols are also source indexed.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.2.4 RC1:
- coverity#1202882 dereference before null check [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#60040 crash after undoing master page application [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#71423 fix crash while editing Impress tables. [Thorsten Behrens]
- tdf#74654 fix typo: printnone -> printhigh [Andras Timar]
- tdf#74697 add Bluez 5 support for impress remote. [Andrzej Hunt]
- tdf#74743 avoid infinite loop when gathering "svg" element styles [Tomaž Vajngerl]
- tdf#75525 out by one error [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#76663 let's not skip the first element of a matrix in PRODUCT. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#76916 'User paths' is missing in tab MotionMotion Paths tab [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#77027 ODF import: fix wrong version in check for embedded objects [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#77039 fill the match string even if the raw string is empty. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#77342 sw: fix copy/paste of footnote cross references [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#77603 new wildcard in autocorrection: .* instead of * [László Németh]
- rhbz#1088625 [abrt] libreoffice-core: sdext::presenter::PresenterPaintManager::Invalidate(): soffice.bin killed by SIGSEGV [Caolán McNamara]
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues involved for the 4.2.4 release: QA-team, bugreporters, developers. Not covered in this stats of course are the many community members in other areas like l10n/translation and marketing, user support that also deserve a big thank you.
Below a list of people who interacted in bugzilla with the corresponding bug-count (created using this script)
20 Kohei Yoshida 14 Björn Michaelsen 14 Andras Timar 13 tommy27 13 Michael Stahl 10 m.a.riosv 10 Julien Nabet 9 Jean-Baptiste Faure 9 Caolán McNamara 8 Joel Madero 7 sophie 7 Eike Rathke 6 Miklos Vajna 6 Jorendc 6 Cor Nouws 5 V Stuart Foote 5 Mike Kaganski 5 Michael Meeks 4 Laurent BP 4 A (Andy) 3 Winfried Donkers 3 Thomas van der Meulen 3 Regina Henschel 2 manj_k, dany franck, chtfn, choffardet, Tomaz Vajngerl, Tim Lloyd, Thorsten Behrens, Rainer Bielefeld Retired, Pedro, Owen Genat, Markus Mohrhard, Konrad, Jacques Guilleron, Gerry, Foss, David Tardon, Anton Derbenev 1 vitriol, tmacalp, rogern, kompilainenn, jmontane, ign_christian, hitec_tsc, dommac, davidemf, dE, bfoman, ape, Xisco Faulí, Wolfgang Denk, Wiebe Cazemier, Tom2, Tom, Theo, Terrence Enger, Tavo, Sylvain Deverre, Stephan van den Akker, Stephan Bergmann, Sintyadi, Simon Anders, Silviu Berbinschi, Samuel M., Sai Gopal, Ruslan Kabatsayev, Roman Eisele, Roland Baudin, QA Administrators, Paulo da Silva, Olivier R., Munzir Taha, Mike Smith, Michel Belanger, Michaël Lefèvre, Maxim Monastirsky, Marco Menardi, Maarten, M Welinder, M, László Németh, Luuk, Luke, Lubos Lunak, Lennard Wasserthal, Keith Curtis, Kartik Subbarao, Jorge E. Gómez, Joop Lanting, John Smith, Jaise James, Jacqueline Rahemipour, Italo Vignoli, Ingo Belka, Ian Morris, Helping Hand, Hashem Masoud, HD, GerardF, Gabriel, Florian Reisinger, Edwin, Ed Kapusniak, Doug Naphas, Dinesh, David Gerard, DOS286, Christine Emrich, Charles, Camaleón, Andrzej Hunt, Andrea Bertani, Anatoliy, Alan, Adolfo Jayme, Abdulaziz Ayed