- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 4.1, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- LibreOffice Windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
Symbol Server for debugging on Windows
Starting with LibreOffice 4.2.0 RC1, debugging symbols (pdb files) for Windows builds will be available from our symbol server at http://dev-downloads.libreoffice.org/symstore/symbols (note: this is not a webbrowsable resource, it is meant to be used by debugging tools like WinDbg. See our documentation on How to get a backtrace with WinDbg for details on how to set it up. And starting with 4.2.0 RC2, the debugging symbols are also source indexed.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.2.6 RC1:
- abi#3623 RTF import: missing null pointer check [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#74124 vcl: Revert "Scale the pictures before calling ... [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#77018 keep external references intact during sort [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#79221 wrong rendering of bottom and right character border [Zolnai Tamás]
- tdf#79305 use SvXMLExport::GetRelativeReference(), [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#79441 keep external references intact during sort [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#80195 act on implicitly propagated error, if any [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#80201 msfilter: fix infinite loop during export [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#80333 .doc has large black rectangles between paragraphs [Zolnai Tamás]
- tdf#80363 backport of the fix for Cyrillic spell. dictionary path [László Németh]
- tdf#80462 don't always increment the start row position. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#80498 vcl: Revert "Scale the pictures before calling ... [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#81173 RTF import: missing null pointer check [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#81214 tolerate exceptions thrown inside XFastParser callbacks. [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#81276 sw: HTML import: fix inverted test in CSS import [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#81294 store correct sheet number during range names update [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#81336 bison priority increase with bigger number [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- i#125226 don't try to access known-bad DDE servers [Herbert Dürr]
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues involved for the 4.2.6 release: QA-team, bugreporters, developers. Not covered in this stats of course are the many community members in other areas like l10n/translation and marketing, user support that also deserve a big thank you.
23 Julien Nabet 17 Michael Stahl 17 Jay Philips 12 Joel Madero 11 Caolán McNamara 8 Lionel Elie Mamane 8 Kohei Yoshida 8 Jorendc 8 Eike Rathke 7 tommy27 5 pierre-yves samyn 5 Xisco Faulí 5 Jean-Baptiste Faure 5 Andras Timar 5 Alex Thurgood 4 sophie 4 ign_christian 4 Jochen 4 Jacques Guilleron 4 Firas Hanife 4 Adolfo Jayme 3 Miklos Vajna 3 Michael Meeks 3 Laurent BP 3 Kevin Suo 3 Foss 3 Cor Nouws 3 Bugcruncher 2 ribotb, m.a.riosv, Winfried Donkers, Urmas, Thomas van der Meulen, Thomas Arnhold, Terrence Enger, Rainer Bielefeld Retired, Markus Mohrhard, Marina Latini, Florian Reisinger, Arnaud Versini 1 raal, osnola, manj_k, maliktunga, famo, cda2023, bryanf, bfoman, Zolnai Tamás, Zeki Bildirici, Y, William Mann, Vinaya Mandke, Tony Pursell, Tomaz Vajngerl, Tobias Lippert, Thorsten Behrens, SteveB, Stephan Bergmann, Stefan Weil, Stefan M, Stefan Knorr (astron), Samuel M., Ryan Tandy, Robinson Tryon (qubit), Rene Engelhard, Regina Henschel, Phillip Nunes, Paál Balázs, Papamatti, OfficeUser, Noel Power, NoOp, Mike, Maxime THEPAULT-DENIS, Maxim Monastirsky, Matúš Kukan, Mark Stanton, Marcos Souza, Marcello Magnifico, László Németh, Luke Deller, Luc, Khaled Hosny, JuergenD, Juang Dse, Jordi Mallach, John Kuang, Joe Smith, Jens S, James Buton, J Carls, Henrik Alsing Friberg, Gergő Mocsi, Gabor Kelemen, François, Francisco, Fahad Al-Saidi, Edward Betts, Edgar Grill, Dominique Boutry, Diarmuid O'Briain, David Tardon, David Lynch, Damien Chambe, Couly, Con, Christopher Chavez, Björn Michaelsen, Bernhard, Andrzej Hunt, Alex, Albrecht Müller, Adam CloudOn, A (Andy)