General for this RC: release configuration
- the Linux and Mac packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 4.4, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- the Windows package will update a previously installed version of LibreOffice
- LibreOffice 5.0 will be made available as 64bit version in addition to the 32bit version. Installing the 64bit version requires Windows Vista or newer, the 32bit Version runs on Windows XP or newer.
- Trying to scan with the 64bit version on Windows causes a crash tdf#92478. Please use your system's scanning tool as a workaround.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed compared to 5.0.1 RC1:
- tdf#86024 FORMATTING: Erroneous formatting of certain numbers [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#89387 improve performance for some matrix operations [Łukasz Hryniuk]
- tdf#90150 Page numbering in the status bar which may cause confusion [Jan Holesovsky]
- tdf#91782 Export draw-document to eps result in crash [Julien Nabet]
- tdf#92242 UI - StartCenter and Application windows can not be resized diagonally with mouse after initial window size increase and covers OSX Dock [andreask]
- tdf#92305 VIEWING: Multiple page view does not render properly when scrolling [Jan Holesovsky]
- tdf#92446 Crash in Windows and Runtime exception on Linux with Basic Clipboard function [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#92749 VLOOKUP not calculated correctly in the large file from Calc 4.4 (hard recalc helps) [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#93064 START CENTER: Icon sizes in breeze cause help and extensions buttons not to be visible [andreask]
- tdf#93096 Selecting text with keyboard (partially outside current view) results in wrong highlighting and mangled text [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#93102 Crash on enabling image contour [Szymon Kłos]
- tdf#93113 Crash Inserting Special Character [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#93114 Insert Special Character - Not reading Fonts Correctly [László Németh]
- tdf#93290 SIDEBAR: Style drop down menu increasing the minimum size of the sidebar [Maxim Monastirsky]
- tdf#93326 Calc: Alt+E,I,D to fill down now (LO 4.4+ ) toggles edit mode [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#93382 Crash moving chart [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#93404 status indicator progress bar not shown while loading big file [Stephan Bergmann]
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues involved for the 5.0.1 release: QA-team, bugreporters, developers. Not covered in this stats of course are the many community members in other areas like l10n/translation and marketing, user support that also deserve a big thank you.
13 Julien Nabet 11 Eike Rathke 10 Matthew Francis 9 Miklos Vajna, Maxim Monastirsky 8 raal, Yousuf (Jay) Philips 7 Jacques Guilleron, Caolán McNamara, Beluga, Alex Thurgood, Adolfo Jayme 6 Michael Meeks 5 m.a.riosv, V Stuart Foote, Michael Weghorn, MM, Joel Madero, Cor Nouws 4 Stephan Bergmann, Michael Stahl 3 pierre-yves samyn, Timur, Thomas Krumbein, Robinson Tryon (qubit), Marek Dolezel, Gordo, GerardF, Dave Richards 2 tommy27, sophie, Terrence Enger, Simon Long, Regina Henschel, Owen Genat (retired), Octavio Alvarez, Markus Mohrhard (retired), László Németh, Lionel Elie Mamane, Laurent Godard, Laurent BP, Jean-Baptiste Faure, Gerry, David Burleigh, David, A (Andy) 1 urly, pavelz, kompilainenn, ign_christian, andreas_k, Winfried Donkers, Tyler Retelle, Tobias Madl, Thorsten Behrens, Thomas van der Meulen, Steve, Sierk Bornemann, Samuel Mehrbrodt, Roland Taylor, QA Administrators, Philippe Jung, Philip, Pedro, Paulo Martins, Ofir, Mikhail Zemlyanukha, Masui Masanori, Marc Kaulisch, Luke, Laurie, LD, Klaus Halfmann, Kevin Suo, János Néhrer, Justin L, Juergen Funk, Juanjo, Jorendc, John Doe, Jan Holesovsky, Jacobo Aragunde Pérez, J, HD, Gellért Gyuris, Garry Knight, GABORIT Jean-Luc, Florian Reisinger, DavidO, David Lynch, Christian Lohmaier, Carlos Rodriguez, Carlos Luque, Björn Michaelsen, Bernardo Sulzbach, Aron Budea, Arnaud LE CAM, Aprax, Alexander Lars Robinson