General for this RC: release configuration
- the Linux and Mac packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 4.4, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- LibreOffice for Mac OS X needs to be run at least once before installing a LanguagePack tdf#89657
- the Windows package will update a previously installed version of LibreOffice
- LibreOffice 5.0 will be made available as 64bit version in addition to the 32bit version. Installing the 64bit version requires Windows Vista or newer, the 32bit Version runs on Windows XP or newer.
- Trying to scan with the 64bit version on Windows causes a crash tdf#92478. Please use your system's scanning tool as a workaround.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed compared to 5.0.5 rc1:
- tdf#93151 "Expand references when new columns/rows are inserted" broken for named ranges [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#94540 EDITING: VLOOKUP wrong result #VALUE in CALC 22.214.171.124 [Tor Lillqvist]
- tdf#94739 Images are distorted diagonally on PDF export when OpenGL rendering is enabled [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#94924 OpenCL: strange behavior in formulas computing [Tor Lillqvist]
- tdf#96147 ODF export: CharHighlight property causes duplicate fo:background-color attributes on text/paragraph styles [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#96653 PNG graphics are corrupted when exported to PDF [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#97150 OPENCL: VLOOKUP returns wrong data when it is used at many cells [Tor Lillqvist]
- tdf#97276 Cannot select line shape with mouse [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#97315 i18n: add language [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#97375 Impress crashes in text selection [Caolán McNamara]
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues involved for the 5.0.4 release: QA-team, bugreporters, developers. Not covered in this stats of course are the many community members in other areas like l10n/translation and marketing, user support that also deserve a big thank you.
22 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 21 raal 16 Beluga 12 Julien Nabet 11 Eike Rathke 8 Cor Nouws 7 m.a.riosv 5 tommy27, Joel Madero 4 V Stuart Foote, Miklos Vajna, Michael Meeks, Maxim Monastirsky, MM, Lionel Elie Mamane, Caolán McNamara, Andras Timar, Alex Thurgood (retired) 3 ign_christian, Terrence Enger, Stephan Bergmann, QA Administrators, Michael Stahl, Matthew Francis, Jean-Baptiste Faure, Björn Michaelsen 2 jmxhyz, Winfried Donkers, Tor Lillqvist, Tomaz Vajngerl, Rpnpif, Robert Gonzalez MX, Regina Henschel, Oliver Brinzing, Luke, Gordo, Gerry, GerardF, Adolfo Jayme 1 Óvári, Ákos, sawakaze, retired, peterpan, pavelz, paulparker, marshals, juergen huebner, bfoman (inactive), axlor, ape, Zolnai Tamás, Yousuf (Jay) Philips, Yogesh Bharate, Yan Pashkovsky, Uwe Dippel, Timur, Samuel Mehrbrodt (CIB), SAKA, Ruslan Fatakhov, Robert, Rainer Bielefeld Retired, R. Diez, Peter, Pedro, Paolo Meozzi, Owen Genat (retired), Oliver Specht (CIB), Octavio Alvarez, NebToulouse, Michael Weghorn, Maxim Korobov, Matúš Kukan, Martin Lange, Mark Hung, Marek Dolezel, László Németh, Lucjan Lipka, Leon Stringer, Konstantin Khomoutov, Konstantin, Kevin Suo, Justin L, Juraj Václavík, Jorendc, Jim Halsey, Jim Avera, Jesus Jimenez, Jan-Marek Glogowski, James Foster, Jacques Guilleron, Jacobo Aragunde Pérez, Jack2600, JCE, Harald Koester, George Pantazes, Gaurang, FutureProject, Franz Rogar, Evil Overlord, Dude76, Domingo Sacristan, David, Dave Richards, ColinC, Chris Knowles, Carlo, Bookman900, Bernard Moreton, B.J. Herbison, Arul Michael(ldcs.co.in), Anthony, Alessandro Russo, A (Andy)