General for this RC: release configuration
- the Linux and Mac packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 5.2, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- the Windows package will update a previously installed version of LibreOffice
- LibreOffice 5.3 will be made available as 64bit version in addition to the 32bit version. Installing the 64bit version requires Windows Vista or newer, the 32bit Version runs on Windows XP or newer.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
The full list of people who have collaborated in this release is here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed compared to 5.3.5 rc1:
- tdf#75650 Formulas with boolean result change cell format while other formulas keep it [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#104186 spaces between function name and ( not allowed in OOXML [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#107975 Revert "fix deleting an image anchored to last paragraph in document" [Christian Lohmaier]
- tdf#108612 explicitly checking for and against clipboard document [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#108758 Cells with formula don't get deleted after undo [Dennis Francis]