I'm the operator of the bot User:CleanupBot. For any new requests, simply ask here on this page (or if needed write me a mail (on the left side is a link to a form)). Dennis Roczek (talk) 2013-11-17T22:14:50 (UTC)
- Test edit for new server parameter tests. ;-) CleanupBot (run by DennisRoczek) 2014-12-17T13:58:04 (UTC)
LibreOffice "Search and replace" "Buscar y reemplazar"
I have seen that the option within the https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/List_of_Regular_Expressions/es menu is not translated into Spanish the "Search and replace" option, I have it done, two questions, how could I become a "user" of the site? Could you if you do not mind making the changes I have prepared? Waiting for your response you are warmly greeted.--Lobillo (talk) 2017-10-05T09:16:30 (UTC)
- Hi Lobillo,
- there is no possibility to register / to get an account for help.libreoffice.org.
- The texts have to be translated in Pootle ( https://translations.documentfoundation.org ) and then get regularly updated in our help.libreoffice-MediaWiki instance every half year (shortly before or after a major release).
- Sadly for the last release the translation changed and the texts were not translated in time, see https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/translations/commit/source/es/helpcontent2/source/text/shared/01.po?id=ef59b48c9927301075cff0e2729b5d0a7ea214ed
- Hope this helps.
- Dennis Roczek (talk) 2017-10-07T16:13:52 (UTC)
Wiki FAQ -- need to undo a botched move
I believe the following is what happened. I moved Faq/Wiki to Wiki/Faq first, then somehow managed to move Faq/Wiki /again/. The result is that the redirects left over from the first move were moved to TDF Wiki/Faq, creating multiple redirects. Furthermore, I can't undo either move now because of the criteria Mediawiki uses to determine whether this is allowed.
I think everything can be fixed by:
- deleting the redirect tree at TDF Wiki/Faq
- forcibly moving actual pages from Wiki/Faq back over Faq/Wiki
Let me know if any of this doesn't make sense.
- Hi Khanson,
- I will take care of it, sadly will last a few days. :-(
- Dennis Roczek (talk) 2017-11-01T23:38:45 (UTC)
- Hi Khanson,
- I just checked the mess you created by accident. It should be rather easy to move the pages to the correct place. What I still do not understand (and in the end the same question I had when you started the page moves): Why do you want to move the pages to TDF Wiki/Faq? Why do move the pages from a clear structure to a complete new structure?
- Dennis Roczek (talk) 2017-11-02T23:32:06 (UTC)
- Sorry for the long delay. I've been away for a while. In addition to "the FAQ" (the one about using the various applications) I've found various other FAQs throughout the wiki, such as Development/FAQ and QA/FAQ. Only the wiki FAQ is grouped with the application FAQs, even though the content is far more similar to these other ones. This is why I wanted to move it. It's minor, but it was part of my larger goal to make the structure of the wiki more comprehensible. I'm now less sure that this particular bit is worth the trouble. In either case, the first step is to put everything back where it started.
- Khanson679 (talk) 2018-01-29T13:45:46 (UTC)
- <rant>Aaargh, the admin bit doesn't help. /me is doing the page moves manually. These page moves broken links, redirects, the FAQ structure, the automatically categorizing by the templates, and so on. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT MOVE AGAIN. :-(</rant>
- Dennis Roczek (talk) 2018-03-18T16:33:31 (UTC)
- Regarding the "structure":
- everything under FAQ/ is user-centric
- everything with postfix FAQ is volunteer-centric (project improvements)
- The "wiki" part is something special:
- there is no project part wiki
- and it is mostly centric improving the FAQ section itself
- Dennis Roczek (talk) 2018-03-18T16:38:25 (UTC)