Videos/6.4 New Features Script
< VideosJump to navigation Jump to search
This page contains the scripts for the LibreOffice 6.4 New Features video, which will be made public on release day.
English Original (en-GB)
- More features, more performance, more compatibility - LibreOffice 6.4 is an essential upgrade.
- In the Start Center, thumbnails now have icons to show what type of document they are.
- A QR Code generator is now available throughout the suite, to create codes that can be read by mobile devices.
- The redaction feature, introduced in LibreOffice 6.3, helps you to hide classified or sensitive data in a document. In LibreOffice 6.4, an Automatic Redaction feature lets you hide data based on text or regular expression matches.
- Microsoft Office compatibility has been greatly improved, especially for DOCX, PPTX and Excel 2003 XML files.
- The help system now provides faster and more precise search results, while many help pages have localized screenshots for a better user experience.
- In Writer, the word processor, a Table panel has been added to the Sidebar.
- When you're working with comments, you can now mark them as resolved.
- In addition, it's now possible to comment on images and charts.
- An option has been added to prevent shapes from overlapping each other.
- Finally, copying, cutting and pasting of tables has been improved, with a new Paste Special menu option "Paste as Nested Table".
- It's now possible to export your spreadsheets to a single PDF page. This is useful to get an overview of all content in a spreadsheet, without it being printed on multiple pages.
- Meanwhile, it's easier to work with cells containing hyperlinks, while performance is better for spreadsheets with lots of comments, styles and change-tracking.
- In the Shape menu, a new option called Consolidate Text combines multiple selected textboxes into a single one. This is useful if you're importing a PDF, and the text content is split into across many text boxes.
- Also, you can now quickly remove hyperlinks from items via the context menu.
- In LibreOffice Online, the cloud-based version of the suite, table properties can now be easily changed from the sidebar.
- In addition, in Writer you now have full control over the Table of Contents.
- Lastly, when working with spreadsheets, the sidebar now provides a wide range of features for selected charts.