Kicking-Off the LibreOffice Design Team
A few weeks ago, we unified both Visual Identity and User Experience topics and now claim "LibreOffice Design Team. Make it just work, and look great, too!". From the organizational point-of-view, we do already have a dedicated mailing and some pages in the wiki, e.g. Design. When looking at the work to be done, some people offered help or already picked individual items ... this is just great, but is shows that we'll soon need more information on what we want to achieve, and how we will probably work together. At the moment, many of the required information is either spread over different mailing lists and wiki pages, hidden in people's heads, or not yet available. Something to change? Of course!
The following steps had been proposed to finally kick-off our LibreOffice Design Team:
- Step 1: Send Invitation to Interested Parties
- Step 2: Summarize the Current Work Status and Collaboration
- Step 3: Introduction of the Team Members
- Step 4: Organizing our Work
- Step 5: Working on the "urgent needs" of our current project
- Step 6: Planning how to collect and to prioritize the future tasks --> think about what we want to archive mid- and long-term
- Step 7: Kick of one or more serious projects ...
Here is the initial mailing thread to ask for opinions concerning this effort.
Step 1: Send Invitation to Interested Parties
We've send some invitations to potentially interested parties, so that nobody is missed.
- Blog Posting "Invitiation: Kicking-Off the LibreOffice Design Team"
- Mail on tdf-discuss "[tdf-discuss] Invitiation: Kicking-Off the LibreOffice Design Team"
- Get involved page on the LibreOffice International Website (UX/Visual Design)
Step 2: Summarize the Current Status of Work and Collaboration
To provide an overview - to get you on track and the Design Team working together as a real group - we want to shed some light what happened until now.
- Kick-Off/CurrentWorkStatus <-- Click and read :-)
- FOSDEM 2011 Presentation: Kicking Off the LibreOffice Design Team
Step 3: Introduction of the Team Members
- Design/Team: Lists all deeply interested Design Team members, so that you get to know each other.
- Blog Posting "Design Team Kick-Off Step 3: We are the Design Team"
Step 4: Organizing our Work
- Kick-Off/WhatWeNeed collect thoughts what the Design Team might need, or what it has to provide to be fully operational
- Dr Bernhard DIPPOLD elected as the Design-Team's Team-Lead (Visual-Design).
- Defining Collaboration and Contributing.
Step 5: Working on the "urgent needs" of our current project
--> e.g. fulfill the urgent request to feed the development
- Work Items: Lists the Design Team work items and their current status
More to come ... stay tuned :-)