From The Document Foundation Wiki
- A designer and a dev agree to work on a project, or a designer-developer decides to work on it alone.
- If there is no "Bugzilla bug report":https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/ for it, the developer makes one.
- The designer makes a bug report on Redmine for it, linking to the relevant Bugzilla bug page.
- The designer and the dev research what they'll be working on. They may add all useful resources to a "Resources" section on the Redmine bug report.
- Based on the research, they establish a clear goal and scope for the project, which they publish on the Redmine bug page. If the project is larger, they may establish a roadmap as well.
- The designer takes the project up to tentative design level. The designer communicates with the dev behind the project (and the design team coordinators if needed) while working on it.
- Once the tentative design is done, the designer creates a new Redmine Design Forum thread asking for feedback to be given on the Bugzilla bug report and lets a decision be made.