Improve the usability of macro editing in LibreOffice and prepare the UI for more complex features.
|call for proposals||analyzing proposals||design taking shape||implementation in progress||implemented|
|In Scope||Out of Scope|
- tdf#38889:Make macro editing easier
Definition of Terms
- : is a rule or pattern that specifies how a certain input sequence should be mapped to an output sequence according to a defined procedure. The mapping process that instantiates a macro into a specific output sequence is known as macro expansion.
- The thread TBD
- Michel R: A member of the LibreOffice design team.
This section is created after we've agreed on a single design based on the submitted proposals and are just ironing out the details. It includes the spec and high-quality mockups.
Proposal by Michel R
- macros will be done mostly by users with minimal knowledge (not beginners) : the UI don't have to be over-protected.
remove all 3 levels of menus related to macros ! only 2 items remaining :
- « macros... » : directly edit macros of current document
- « macro manager... » : open new dialog to manage macros
- Global idea : merge all existing dialogs to manage all items related to macros (librairies, modules, macros...)
- The top part behaves like iTunes : selection of a column change the content on the others right colums
- search macros (filter by name, language, type)
- operation on macros (record, delete)
- operation on libraries and modules (add, delete, import, export, protect...)