From The Document Foundation Wiki
LibreOffice in Education (JK-High School)
- make sure the support forums/mailist/nntp are established and strategically located on the TDF/LibO site
- see if there is the possibility of IT "type" help desk for networking concerns with LibO (may include dev support) -- could also involve a "pay per call" service.
- make sure that network installation is possible and easily done on different platforms (could arrange for "test" locations at some school board sites, with LibO dev involvement)
- make sure that there are many educational specific templates for downloading (match these with governmental educational agencies and the student expectation lists etc.)
- make sure that there are enough clip arts/sounds in the LibO suite
- collect data re: use of MSO templates presently in use for Staff/Office use and arrange for creation of compatible LibO version
- collect data re: use of MSO marcos presently in use for Staff/Office use and arrange for creation of compatible LibO version
- collect data: complimentary plugins/extensions/code that will improve the LibO suite for the Educational field
- suggest to devs the result of polls of above addins and see if any devs are interested
- collect data: contacts and addresses of various Educational organisations responsible for the testing/recommendation/acquisition of educational software
- collect names of individuals who are ready to help support and demo LibO at individual schools
- lobby various organisations to accept the OASIS document ISO formats. Advocacy.
- prepare support on-line materials (pamphlets; videos; weblinks to important sites (OASIS, ISO, ...) related to the educational field and LibO advocacy etc.)
Create Specialised LibO Teams *
- create a "LibO IT Network Install Team" specialising in network installation (may be used as a "pay per call" team)
- create a "LibO Macro Team", ready to create macros quickly when LibO reps need to replace MSO macros
- create a "LibO Educational Template Team (US(States) and Canada(Provinces-En/Fra))" ready to create/help template by request for educational organisations. This team should be aware of various Educational programme expectations for students at state level/province level.
- create a "LibO Presentation Team" ready to showcase LibO as well very knowledgeable of the use of the LibO Suite.
- members may participate in more than one team.
- contact targetted Educational organisations responsible for the testing/recommendation/acquisition of educational software
- arrange for presentations of the LibO suite to these organisations (for LibO staff/office usage)
- arrange for presentations to teacher organisations
- arrange for presentations to parent associations
- arrange for media (local) communiqués re: value of LibO in Education (for added public discussion and public pressure)
- have TCO stats ready for MSO rebuttals (real-life MSO->LibO changeover at some school boards)
- have TCO stats ready for MSO rebuttals -- this is an important point
- have a problem-solving team to trouble-shoot any hiccups in IT network installation -- related to the "LibO IT Newtwork Install Team" (may be used as a "pay per call" team)
- have a problem-solving team to trouble-shoot any in-class/student concerns -- related to the "LibO Presentation Team"
- advocate the use of the LibO user help support forums/mailist/nntp -- emphasis on forums
- use the "Discussion" tab to leave notes