QA/Meetings/2013/January 11

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2013
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2013-01-11 14:00 UTC
Chair Joel Madero?
Secretary Joel Madero?
Started 14:00
Ended 15:05
Participants Bjoern, Joel, Joren

Agenda

  1. Completed Action Items
    1. Version into FDO Comment when BSA Used (Thanks Rob)
  2. Pending Action Items
    1. Bugs > 6 months old without action taken
    2. Bugzilla OpenID Alternatives and other items from the Bugzilla contract (Bjoern)
    3. Localized BSA -- French (Bjoern)
    4. Twitter Feed for FDO (Bjoern)
    5. Realistic Goals (Punt until after release of 4.0)
    6. Hard Hacks (All)
    7. Funding WishList
    8. Triage Contest
    9. Bibisect torrents & mirrors (Joel & Bjoern)
    10. Versions on FDO (Joel & Bjoern)
  1. New Items
    1. volunteers to update QA and QA/Team?
    2. FDO
      1. Bugs reported by Devs/Experienced QA in UNCONFIRMED status
      2. Default mime type (can we set this to auto detect)
      3. Status clarification (New vs. Reopened)
      4. Is Reopened more like UNCONFIRMED or more like NEW?

Minutes

Start

  • Time Start: 1400 UTC
  • Participants: Bjoern, Joel, Joren

Completed Action Items

  • +FDO
    • +Version goes into comments from BSA [Rob]
    • +Bugzilla OpenID or Alternatives [Bjoern]
      • No way to implement, no alternatives
  • +Funding
    • +Request money from BoD for QA Prizes [Bjoern]
    • +Go through FDO wishlist and determine what we could use funding for [Bjoern]

Pending Action Items

PENDING ITEM: FDO (was "Bugs > 6 months old without action taken")

   -Old Bugs w/ No Activity
       *Florian missed this call, we want to give it one more meeting to discuss this, if no action by next meeting, removing from agenda
    -ACTION: Joel will email Florian to see if he will prepare a plan of some kind so we have a framework for discussion at next meeting
   -Versions
       *No change will occur, versions will represent oldest version that the bug has been seen
       *Agreed: Good to add a message when a person tries to change version to a newer version
       *Action: Bjoern will email Tolef about this
   -Funding Wishlist
       *Most of wishlist was infrastructure which has already been implemented

PENDING ITEM: BSA

   -Localized test for French Community
       *Everything from QA is done, awaiting word from Sophie & Rob
   -ACTION: Joel will ping Rob in the coming two weeks to get update

PENDING ITEM: Twitter Feed

   -No Action
   -Action: Bjoern will investigate twitter feed

PENDING ITEM: QA Goals

   -Punt until after release of 4.0

PENDING ITEM: HardHacks

   -Hold on these until after release of 4.0
   -Action: Joel will put a notice up on wiki

PENDING ITEM: Funding Wishlist

   -€2,000 requested by Bjoern from BoD
       *Use will be for things like prizes during triage contests or bug hunting parties.
   -We need to work out the details of how we'll ship and handle prizes, also how winners are determined
       *Action: Joel will investigate shipping options since our base is worldwide.

PENDING ITEM: Triage Contest

   -Tentative date agreement around a pre-release of 4.1
   -Not enough time to get everything together for 4.0
   -Action: Joel will create a wiki by next call that has the “to do” list for the marathon

PENDING ITEM: Bibisect torrents & Mirrors

   -Action: Joel will ping Cloph about torrenting
   -Action: Bjoern will look into mirrors

New Items

NEW ITEM: Wiki

   -QA & QA Team Wiki Needs Updated
       *Action: Joren and Joel will update these pages
       *Should be updated before triage contest

NEW ITEM: FDO

    -Users violating FDO policies
        *Agreed: Someone should have the ability to both temporarily and permanently ban users from FDO for violating policies.
        *Action: Bjoern will e-mail Tolef to get these privileges for Joel
        *Action: Joel will write blog or wiki about FDO policies and how policies will be enforced.
    -Will not publish until agreed upon at least by QA if not BoD/ESC
    -UNCONFIRMED Bugs reported by Devs/Experienced QA Members
        *Agreed: These should be set to NEW automatically, assumed that they are in fact bugs. Comment should be added that tells reporter that if they want independent verification please ask and we will do it.
    -Default Mime Type Setting
        *Agreed: Default should be auto
        *Action: Bjoern will get in touch with Tolef about this
    -Status clarification (New vs. Reopened)
        *Agreed: Reopened should only be used if the bug is assigned
        *Because of this agreement, modifications have to be made to our current workflow
            -Agreed: NEEDINFO: Used only if most the information is there and the bug can be confirmed but additional information would be useful
                          Request that once information is provided, move bug to NEW not to UNCONFIRMED or REOPENED
           -Agreed: INVALID: If bug cannot be confirmed with information and there just isn't enough information there to reproduce the bug, we will move to INVALID
                         Comment shouldn't ask user to change status once additional information is provided (if additional information is provided), instead QA member should change status once they can confirm bug.
     *Currently there are 230+ REOPENED bugs which are not assigned, QA team will slowly get through these moving them to an appropriate status to reflect above agreement.
           -Action: All: Slowly get through this list LIST OF REOPENED NOT ASSIGNED
        *Action: Joel will keep metrics so that we don't forget about this

Action Items

    +Joel
        -Make wiki for triage contest with to do list
        -Contact Rob about localized BSA
        -Add comment to HardHack wiki that says currently on hold
        -Along with Joren will update QA and QA-Team Wiki
        -E-Mail Florian to see if he can get an idea written out about old bugs
        -Research shipping items for prizes
        -Torrenting bibisect (contact Cloph)
        -Create blog or wiki about FDO policies and enforcement procedure
        -Metrics of REOPENED bugs until completed
   +Bjoern
        -E-Mail Tolef about:
            *Permissions for Joel
            *Adding message when updating version
            *Default mime type to “auto”
        -Twitter Feed
        -Mirrors for bibisect
   +Joren
        -Along with Joel will update QA and QA-Team Wiki
        -Will continue updating stats page
   +ALL
       -Get through REOPENED unassigned bugs

End

  • Time End: 1505 UTC