QA/Meetings/2015/December 09

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2015
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2015-12-09 13:00 UTC
Chair Robinson Tryon
IRC Channel #libreoffice-qa connect via webchat

Prep

Agenda + Minutes

Minutes:

Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.

Before we Start

A few minutes before we officially start, we'll try to have a few people in the IRC channel:

Start

IRC Minutes

We'll touch on a few metrics such as UNCONFIRMED bug count and regressions, and then we'll have each person in the meeting bring up whatever QA topics they'd like to address.

Some people like the current meeting time on Wednesdays, but if there's enough interest in change, we'll do it.

Stats

(we'll just discuss stats in the meeting)

Completed ACTION Items

  • [DONE] ACTION: Check on Bugzilla PDF attachments (mimetype application/pdf vs. x-download) (beluga)
    • [DONE] ACTION: Test attachment upload (to Bz test VM) with different browsers/OSes/filetypes (beluga)
    • [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Ping steve-_-, beluga to test attachment upload once Bz VM is running v5 (Robinson)
  • [DONE] ACTION: Design better plan for recruiting and retaining volunteers for QA Team (Robinson)
    • Met with Italo: ideas for BHS; plans for future events; keeping track of volunteers
  • [SET ASIDE] ACTION: Document building LibreOffice on BSD (medfly)

Pending ACTION Items (and topics)

Pending topics:

  • State of multimedia testing for Windows (Small follow-up required re: Windows testing (SVG, ODG, PDF))
  • ACTION Items:
    • ACTION: File an enhancement request for a script that normalizes and diffs two user profiles (mjayfrancis)
    • ACTION: Make a simple page of things new QA should be aware of (jphilipz)
      • Has some stuff drafted in a Google doc.
      • (Q: What's the URL for that doc again?)
    • ACTION: Follow-up re: LibreLadies, t-shirts, mailing list, and possible Grace Hopper Hackfest (bubli, colonelqubit)
    • ACTION: Work on wiki page for ODF formats/comparison (DennisRoczek)
    • ACTION: Investigate creating email list from editors of BHS wiki page (to announce future events) ( DennisRoczek )

New Topics

The Minutes

(07:08:20 AM) colonelqubit: #startmeeting
(07:08:21 AM) IZBot: Meeting started Wed Dec  9 13:08:29 2015 UTC.  The chair is colonelqubit. Plugin info at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
(07:09:44 AM) ***colonelqubit wonders if mjayfrancis is here as well...
(07:10:13 AM) colonelqubit: UNCONFIRMED count is at 551
(07:10:38 AM) ***mjayfrancis makes zombie noises, waves arms in an undead manner
...
   Bug Hunting Session Discussion
   
(07:51:05 AM) colonelqubit: DennisRoczek: maybe if we asked people to come help out for a more set period of time (e.g. 1hr or 2hr), then they'd feel more motivated to schedule-in the time?
(07:52:26 AM) sophi: colonelqubit: for the January BH, I'll propose dedicated sessions per component, for example Saturday 14:00 to 15:00 Writer testing
(07:53:22 AM) sophi: maybe that will motivate more people to come on a dedicated period of time

(07:53:44 AM) colonelqubit: sophi: Another idea I had was to get people to buddy-up or bring a friend
(07:54:10 AM) colonelqubit: So if we ask someone in QA to just show up, then they might or might not be motivated
(07:55:04 AM) colonelqubit: but if we talk to them in advance, and encourage them to bring a friend with them for a couple of hours, then perhaps that structure will result in more consistent participation
(07:55:32 AM) colonelqubit: So ahoneybun and I have talked a bit about events in Florida
(07:56:29 AM) colonelqubit: Because the QA Team is spread out over so many time zones, perhaps it would be helpful for us to find people to help organize/recruit volunteers in their own time zone
(07:57:10 AM) colonelqubit: That might be a better way to get a chunk of people to join the BHS together
(07:57:11 AM) sophi: colonelqubit: this happen on the NLP QA mailing lists/channels
(07:57:47 AM) colonelqubit: sophi: great!  has that worked out well so far?
(07:57:49 AM) sophi: colonelqubit: they don't come here but are testing however
(07:58:28 AM) colonelqubit: sophi: so perhaps for the next BHS, we could ask a representative from the local group to check-in with us, or at least leave a note on the wiki page?
(07:58:54 AM) colonelqubit: It'd be helpful for us to know (in rough numbers) who is participating and when
(07:59:05 AM) beluga_: sophi: why don't they come here, though? :)
(07:59:28 AM) sophi: beluga_: language barrier mostly

(08:02:00 AM) colonelqubit: Another thing we could do for the next BHS is to post periodic updates during each day
(08:02:37 AM) sophi: colonelqubit: what do you mean by updates?
(08:02:46 AM) colonelqubit: So... X bugs filed against the latest build, Y% of MozTrap tests completed, etc..
(08:03:22 AM) beluga_: would twitter be enough?
(08:03:39 AM) colonelqubit: basically, giving people in the channel (and on the QA Mailing List) an indication of how much work we've done so far (and what we'd still like to accomplish)
(08:03:55 AM) sophi: beluga_: I think here too, to show more activity on the channel
(08:03:56 AM) colonelqubit: beluga_: twitter could be a good part of that process
(08:04:10 AM) colonelqubit: beluga_: what would you suggest we share over twitter?
(08:04:32 AM) colonelqubit: Periodic updates, or more of a live-updates, frequent-posting thing?
(08:04:33 AM) beluga_: colonelqubit: well those type of stats you mentioned, bugs filed, moztrap tests
(08:04:44 AM) beluga_: live-tweet the whole thing :D IRC feed
(08:05:28 AM) colonelqubit: Perhaps having some kind of stats/visual graphics that show how much we've accomplished vs. what we'd like to accomplish by the end of the weekend would be a good motivator?
(08:06:12 AM) beluga_: colonelqubit: that would be novel and cool
(08:06:33 AM) beluga_: we can use it for an excuse for endless tweets etc.
(08:06:42 AM) beluga_: plz help us get to 100%!!
(08:07:18 AM) colonelqubit: beluga_: okay, so who's going to work on graphics and bits for that? Should we recruit someone from the Design Team?
   ACTION ITEMS:
   * Work on some graphics, visual stats, etc for us to use at the next BHS in conjunction with live updates on IRC & twitter (beluga)
(08:17:30 AM) colonelqubit: #endmeeting
(08:17:32 AM) IZBot has changed the topic to: Welcome to LibreOffice QA! BugHunting Session for 5.1 now through Sunday: http://bit.ly/1XO1Bnu Currently testing 5.1 beta2 & 4.4.7 rc2. Get started with Bug Triage: http://ur1.ca/ijzpq User questions #libreoffice, development #libreoffice-dev, documentation #libreoffice-doc
(08:17:32 AM) IZBot: Meeting ended Wed Dec  9 14:17:38 2015 UTC. (note: URLs not final)
(08:17:32 AM) IZBot: Minutes:        http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-12-09-13.08.html
(08:17:32 AM) IZBot: Minutes (text): http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-12-09-13.08.txt
(08:17:32 AM) IZBot: Log:            http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-12-09-13.08.log.html