QA/Meetings/2015/December 02

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2015
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2015-12-02 13:00 UTC
Chair Robinson Tryon
IRC Channel #libreoffice-qa connect via webchat

Prep

Agenda + Minutes

Minutes:

Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.

Before we Start

A few minutes before we officially start, we'll try to have a few people in the IRC channel:

Start

IRC Minutes

We'll touch on a few metrics such as UNCONFIRMED bug count and regressions, and then we'll have each person in the meeting bring up whatever QA topics they'd like to address.

Some people like the current meeting time on Wednesdays, but if there's enough interest in change, we'll do it.

Stats

(we'll just discuss stats in the meeting)

Completed ACTION Items

  • [DONE] ACTION: Chat with Italo Karl re: BugHunting Session marketing strategies (Robinson)
    • Chatting w/Italo instead; Met on Monday

Pending ACTION Items (and topics)

Pending topics:

  • State of multimedia testing for Windows (Small follow-up required re: Windows testing (SVG, ODG, PDF))
  • ACTION Items:
    • ACTION: File an enhancement request for a script that normalizes and diffs two user profiles (mjayfrancis)
    • ACTION: Design better plan for recruiting and retaining volunteers for QA Team (Robinson)
      • Met with Italo: ideas for BHS; plans for future events; keeping track of volunteers
    • ACTION: Make a simple page of things new QA should be aware of (jphilipz)
      • Has some stuff drafted in a Google doc.
    • ACTION: Follow-up re: LibreLadies, t-shirts, mailing list, and possible Grace Hopper Hackfest (bubli, colonelqubit)
    • ACTION: Work on wiki page for ODF formats/comparison (DennisRoczek)
    • ACTION: Check on Bugzilla PDF attachments (mimetype application/pdf vs. x-download) (beluga)

New Topics

The Minutes

(07:14:35 AM) ***colonelqubit counts 3+ noses, so ....
(07:14:35 AM) DennisRoczek: yeah
(07:14:38 AM) colonelqubit: #startmeeting
(07:14:38 AM) IZBot: Meeting started Wed Dec  2 13:14:42 2015 UTC.  The chair is colonelqubit. Plugin info at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
(07:14:38 AM) IZBot: Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
(07:16:05 AM) colonelqubit: UNCONFIRMED bugs are at 528

     ACTION Items:
      * Investigate creating email list from editors of BHS wiki page (to announce future events) ( DennisRoczek )
      * Test attachment upload (to Bz test VM) with different browsers/OSes/filetypes (beluga)
      * Ping steve-_-, beluga to test attachment upload once Bz VM is running v5 (Robinson)
      * Document building LibreOffice on BSD (medfly)

(08:29:21 AM) colonelqubit: Remember: Bug Hunting Session starts on Friday and goes through Sunday
(08:29:44 AM) colonelqubit: Please invite people to join us, and ask them to sign up on the wiki page
(08:30:10 AM) colonelqubit: (if they're reticent to create an account, feel free to just list their name and areas of interest, so we can at least count noses)
(08:31:23 AM) colonelqubit: I'll see you next week!
(08:31:30 AM) colonelqubit: #endmeeting
(08:31:32 AM) IZBot has changed the topic to: Welcome to LibreOffice QA! Currently testing 5.1 beta1 & 4.4.7 rc1. Get started with Bug Triage: http://ur1.ca/ijzpq User questions #libreoffice, development #libreoffice-dev, documentation #libreoffice-doc
(08:31:32 AM) IZBot: Meeting ended Wed Dec  2 14:31:34 2015 UTC. (note: URLs not final)
(08:31:32 AM) IZBot: Minutes:        http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-12-02-13.14.html
(08:31:32 AM) IZBot: Minutes (text): http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-12-02-13.14.txt
(08:31:32 AM) IZBot: Log:            http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-12-02-13.14.log.html