- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 4.1, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- Mac OS X:
- LibreOffice 4.2.2 RC1 is available as a 64bit version for Mac OS X 10.8 or later
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
Symbol Server for debugging on Windows
Starting with LibreOffice 4.2.0 RC1, debugging symbols (pdb files) for Windows builds will be available from our symbol server at http://dev-downloads.libreoffice.org/symstore/symbols (note: this is not a webbrowsable resource, it is meant to be used by debugging tools like WinDbg. See our documentation on How to get a backtrace with WinDbg for details on how to set it up. And starting with 4.2.0 RC2, the debuggin symbols are also source indexed.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.2.1 final (RC1):
- tdf#41524 CUPS printing: use "collate" option when PDF is available [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#64957 prevent the accumulation of rounding errors [Herbert Dürr]
- tdf#68927 sw: fix painting of SVG page background [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#69925 wiki Publisher Extension is not working [Julien Nabet]
- tdf#72041 intern strings in the external ref cache with the host document. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#72233 too long style names over-stretch dialog [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#72348 re-implement BinarySearch() to disregard empty cell blocks. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#72390 let's not skip auto styles from unmodified sheets. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#72491 always set input as text when that's requested. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#72691 allow overwriting of string value with numeric one. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#72967 draw position size tab - min size is 0 not 1 (mm) [Tomaž Vajngerl]
- tdf#73565 populate date members in a locale-safe way. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#73773 check if the *document* is closing, not the *app*. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#73800 fix incorrect separator in function description in Calc [Winfried Donkers]
- tdf#74284 use AccessibleRole::PANEL for VclBoxes under windows [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#74345 some shared formulas cannot be exported as shared formulas. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#74512 fix the ODS export as well. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#74558 re-implement BinarySearch() to disregard empty cell blocks. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#74584 these tags should be lowercase for correct clipboard handling. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#74683 java.lang.System.mapLibraryName dylib vs. jnilib confusion [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#74857 update the incrementer when skipping over hidden regions. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#75032 handle note copying correctly. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#75118 sw: do not paint zero-width lines [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#75130 export cell borders to xls and xlsx correctly. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#75206 use 'ne' for string comparison [Andras Timar]
- tdf#75228 we still need to get the value only to pop value from the stack. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#75526 sdk: install URE library symlinks / import libs again [Michael Stahl]
- i#124233 Different text rendering (word/character width) depending on zoom factor [Herbert Dürr]
- rhbz#1065629 RTF import probable regression with non-english BigMachines exports [Michael Stahl]