TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 4.1, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and other ODF supporting software, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice Windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- LibreOffice 4.2.3 RC3 is available as a 64bit version for macOS 10.8 or later
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
Symbol Server for debugging on Windows
Starting with LibreOffice 4.2.0 RC1, debugging symbols (pdb files) for Windows builds will be available from our symbol server at http://dev-downloads.libreoffice.org/symstore/symbols (note: this is not a webbrowsable resource, it is meant to be used by debugging tools like WinDbg. See our documentation on How to get a backtrace with WinDbg for details on how to set it up. And starting with 4.2.0 RC2, the debuggin symbols are also source indexed.
A list of annoying bugs still contained in this version is available from Bugzilla, the full list of reported bugs is here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.2.3 RC2:
- tdf#46808 support SmartTagRecognizers again [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#75109 librelogo: fix localized procedures [László Németh]
- tdf#76697 remove this duplicate and use the UNO constant values instead. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#76949 correct grammar is GRAM_OOXML [Eike Rathke]
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues involved for the 4.2.0 release: QA-team, bugreporters, developers. Not covered in this stats of course are the many community members in other areas like l10n/translation and marketing, user support that also deserve a big thank you.
Below a list of people who interacted in bugzilla with the corresponding bug-count (created using this script)
18 Kohei Yoshida 11 Michael Stahl 10 Björn Michaelsen 9 Jean-Baptiste Faure 8 m.a.riosv 8 Julien Nabet 7 Jorendc 7 Joel Madero 6 tommy27 6 Andras Timar 5 sophie 5 Maxim Monastirsky 5 Foss 5 Caolán McNamara 4 Markus Mohrhard 4 Cor Nouws 4 Adolfo Jayme 3 Miklos Vajna 3 Jacques Guilleron 3 Eike Rathke 2 ape, Zolnai Tamás, V Stuart Foote, Thomas van der Meulen, Mike Kaganski, Michael Meeks, Laurent BP, GerardF, Dominique Boutry, David Clayton, Alex Thurgood 1 Aaron Digulla, Ahmad Harthi, Alex Kempshall, Anatoly Moskovsky, Andrzej, Anton Derbenev, Bernard Moreton, Björgvin Ragnarsson, Bryan, Bug reporter 07, Carlos Sevcik, Daniel Gembom, Dave Richards, David Burleigh, David Tardon, Dennis, Emir Sarı, Eneko Lacunza, Faisal Menawer, Florian Reisinger, Francisco, Jaime Carpenter, Johan van der Knijff, John Smith, José Consuegra, Juanjo, Karsten Henning, Kolbjørn Stuestøl, Larry, Lionel Elie Mamane, László Németh, Manish, Marc Balmer, Marco Menardi, Mark van Rossum, Mateusz, Matúš Kukan, Michal Svec, Michel Rudelle, Milos Sramek, Mirek2, Nidal R, Nikos, OfficeUser, Oleg, Owen Genat, Pedro, Peter Beurle, Philip Smith, Prashant, Regina Henschel, Rico Tzschichholz, Roland Seuhs, Ryan Dunlop, S K, Stanislav Horacek, Stefan Knorr (astron), Stephan Bergmann, Stephan van den Akker, Steve Bickle, Tarun Kumar, Tomaz Vajngerl, Tushar Bende, Urmas, V.K., Victor V. Terber, VolkerTwer, Xisco Faulí, blank, blubb, chtfn, ign_christian, kompilainenn, lxlalexlxl, mal, minhsien0330, paolog, pasqual milvaques, pharmankur, pierre-yves samyn, ribotb, ringe, rpr, wadim