Board of Directors Meetings
For meetings of the Membership Committee, please see TDF/Membership Committee Meetings
What it's about
Discussions of the Board of Directors take place on public mailing lists. Once every two weeks, for those interested, we host a conference call on the phone, to discuss ongoing topics and recent activities directly. Everyone interested is invited to join, all callers can speak. The conference calls are open for everyone to join, following our approach to transparency and openness. Phone conferences with public participations Marketing/ConfCalls are available for marketing, and will be available for other projects soon.
Reaching the board outside regular meetings
You can always reach the board privately by mailing to infodocumentfoundation.org, or (preferrably, since we're default-open) publicly by mailing to the board-discussdocumentfoundation.org public mailing list. If TDF officers can't make a call, or for ad-hoc meeting needs of TDF members, please ping one of the TDF administrators on the connect via webchat IRC channel.
Some important notes
- Although being public, these calls are not to be considered as official press statements for journalists. Journalists are invited to join, but for media Q & A, there will be separate sessions where official statements by TDF representatives are made.
- Every call will be recorded and made available as uncut audio file to the public afterwards. If you join, you agree that you will be recorded.
- We do not charge a fee for joining the calls. However, normal phone costs apply. Please check your provider for more details.
How to prepare yourself
- Most topics we will discuss have been raised on our main mailing lists already, especially discuss and marketing. Please have a look at them, to stay up to date on recent activities.
- Join our IRC channel connect via webchat during the call, so in case we post links or texts, you are in the loop.
Date and Time
The TDF BoD calls will take place every other Friday, 1300 Berlin time, starting February 28, 2020.
- Contracts and obligations with third parties have to be approved by two BoD seat holders, amongst them the BoD chair, and in case (s)he cannot, the BoD deputy chair. Alternatively, a warrant can be issued by one of these.
- Decisions need a quorum of 1/2 of the participating or represented BoD seat holders. If decisions are tied, the vote of the BoD chair (or his representative), and if not available, the vote of the BoD deputy chair (or his representative) are decisive.
- People coming late or leaving early need to be mentioned in the minutes
The calls take place via Jitsi at https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard
- For our meetings in 2019, see TDF/BoD Meetings/2019
- For our meetings in 2018, see TDF/BoD Meetings/2018
- For our meetings in 2017, see TDF/BoD Meetings/2017
- For our meetings in 2016, see TDF/BoD Meetings/2016
- For our meetings in 2015, see TDF/BoD Meetings/2015
- For our meetings in 2014, see TDF/BoD Meetings/2014
- For our meetings in 2013, see TDF/BoD Meetings/2013
- For our meetings in 2012, see TDF/BoD Meetings/2012
- For our meetings in 2011, see TDF/BoD Meetings/2011
- For our meetings in 2010, see TDF/BoD Meetings/2010
The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting 2020-01-17
Session chair: Björn Michaelsen
Keeper of the minutes: Michael Meeks
In the meeting: Björn (Board), Michael (Board), Thorsten (Board), Cor (Board), Simon (Deputy), Kendy (Deputy); Emiliano (new board), Daniel (new board), Nicolas (new board), Lothar (new board), Paolo (new board); Florian (ED)
Representation: Simon for Marina
Deputy Chairman of the Board is in the meeting. One of the Chairwoman or Deputy Chairman is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.
The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 5 Board of Directors members are attending the call.
The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.
The meeting is quorate and invitation happened in time. From now on, motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple majority of those remaining present. The majority threshold is currently 3.
The meeting commences at 14:06 Berlin time.
1. Discussion: FOSDEM (15 min.)
+ Other ideas ? + Proposal for new board to adopt (Simon) + start of every meeting - declaration of CoI for agenda. + starting with the TDF board - include an opportunity for directors present for items on the agenda. + for the new board to decide. + last week actually saw one declared + never a dispute later about declations + makes sense to vote when new BoD is in-place (Bjoern) + no other comments. + Before / after lunch + retrospectives on the project etc. + hope to have this as a collaborative round-the-table + good idea to have some ideas about your oversight areas + link here: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_rules#Decision_making_and_responsibilities
AI: + schedule: Thur. evening BoD dinner (Florian/Italo)
+ can continue discussions over dinner + different tone & environment to continue things (Simon) + a great place to resolve disputes / complexities + board only, and required + cheese & wine place near the Bourse (?) - https://lafruitiere.business.site/
2. Discussion: "appoint Sophie as new CoC contact person" (15 min.)
+ suggest we vote on this now (Michael) + thought the meeting was last week wrt. advanced notice. + existing rules of procedure have 3 days of notice (Thorsten) + prevents blind-siding of non-native speakers (Bjoern) + Vote: "appoint Sophie as a new CoC contact person" + unanimous approval from everyone. + Announce & thanks for Bubli: + how urgent is this ? (wondering if this needs a proper PR before FOSDEM) (Bjoern) + done by publishing the minutes (Thorsten) + The Board wishes to thank 'Bubli' Behrens for all of her hard work on CoC issues over many years, and her service in this role. + Should we advertise the CoC around FOSDEM ? (Simon) + in opening-statement for Devroom / Hackathon ? (Bjoern) + seems reasonable.
Public meeting ends 14:25 Berlin time.
Björn Michaelsen (Session chair)
Michael Meeks (Keeper of the minutes)