Board of Directors Meetings 2012

From The Document Foundation Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meetings before February 17th, 2012, were done by the non-formal board or non-formal steering committee. Meetings on and after that date, were done by the Board of Directors as official body of TDF.

Minutes 2012-12-12

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-12-12-2412613.mp3

Minutes 12.12.2012
The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, December the 12th, 2012
Location: Phone Conference Room

Session chair: Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board)
Keeper of the minutes: Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors)
In the call: Thorsten Behrens, Olivier Hallot, Michael Meeks, Bjoern Michaelsen, Charles-H. Schulz, Italo Vignoli
Representation: Bjoern Michaelsen for Florian Effenberger

Deputy Chairman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairman or Deputy is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 6 Board of Directors members are attending the call, one of them being represented by a deputy.

The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

The meeting commences at 16:05 UTC.

1. LibreOffice Conference 2013: Italo Vignoli tells the board that Milan proposal is on his way, as only the final details are missing.

2. Money investment: Thorsten Behrens proposes to invest the capital stock of 50.000 Euros in the account at Volksbank, at the variable interest rate of 1%. Result of the vote: 6 approvals, 0 disapprovals, 0 neutral.

3. Budget planning for 2013: the budget has not been prepared so far, and this is a good time for the directors to request a budget for 2013 activities. The board should be able to file proposals to spend money according to TDF charitable objectives. Final discussion on budget planning is postponed to the next call in early 2013.

4. Deadline for tax exemption is approaching. Thorsten Behrens will poke tax advisors to check actions to be done for tax exemption renewal.

5. ESC position about QA: Bjoern Michaelsen reports about Joel Madero asking if the ESC must take a position about QA issues, or if the issues can be discussed within the QA group...

6. QA/Triage: Bjoern Michaelsen suggests to find a budget to support the triage effort, by donating a netbook to people in order to have a second platform for their activity or by having several small amounts as prizes. This item is going into the funding wishlist.

7. Forums: the board discusses about the forums, if they are a duplication of efforts with reference to Ask, or if TDF should launch the forums. The problem is that there are only a few moderators, although the situation is still in progress.

End of agenda, no additions.

Attending at the end of the meeting: Thorsten Behrens, Olivier Hallot, Michael Meeks, Bjoern Michaelsen, Charles-H. Schulz, Italo Vignoli

The meeting adjournes at 16:35 UTC.

Meeting minutes approved:

Italo Vignoli, Keeper of the minutes
Thorsten Behrens, Session chair

Minutes 2012-11-28

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-11-28-2381121.mp3

Minutes 28.11.2012
The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, Nov, the 28th 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)
keeper of the minutes: Charles-H. Schulz (Board of Directors)
In the call: Thorsten Behrens Florian Effenberger Caolan McNamara Bjoern Michaelsen Michael Meeks Andreas Mantke Charles-H. Schulz
Representation: for Italo Vignoli: Bjoern Michaelsen

Chairman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairman or Deputy is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 6 Board of Directors members are attending the call, one of them being represented by a deputy.

The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

The meeting commences at 16:05 UTC.

1. conference next year; let's wait for the deadline to announce/make a choice.
2. money investment: Waiting for input from the Hypovereinsbank for one more week, otherwise let's keep that at the Volksbank
3. Email policy: Mike Schinagl agreed to work on this on a paid basis.
4. Travel reimbursal for the GSoC mentor summit: 2000 USD of reimbursal for the participants to this summit, preferably from SPI.
Result of the vote: 6 approvals, 0 disapproval, 0 neutral.
Decision: the request has been approved.
5. Infrastructure budget proposal: given the migration of our infrastructure there will be some surplus in terms of cost. Proposal:(what we have now): 900 Euros per month + one time fee (400 Euros) ; then (new)650 Euros per month in the new infrastructure; the two systems and cost structure would run concurrently until the end of the first quarter 2013. Result of the vote: 6 approvals, 0 disapproval., 0 neutral.
Decision: the request has been approved. This budget shall enter into effect on the 1st of December 2012. 6. CEBIT: discussion postponed to the next call.

End of agenda, no additions.
Attending at the end of the meeting: Thorsten Behrens Florian Effenberger Caolan McNamara Bjoern Michaelsen Michael Meeks Andreas Mantke Charles-H. Schulz

The meeting adjournes at 16:35 UTC.

Meeting minutes approved:

Charles-H.Schulz, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-11-14

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-11-14-2351100.mp3

Minutes 2012-11-14

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, Nov 14th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Thorsten Behrens (Board of Directors)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors), Bjoern Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy)

Representation: Bjoern Michaelsen represents Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors)

Chairman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairman or Deputy is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 6 Board of Directors members are attending the call, one of them being represented by a deputy.

The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

The meeting commences at 16:05 UTC.

1. Budget for the Munich Hackfest

Discussion: A total number of 15+ volunteers signed up for the Hackfest, the board would like to provide travel assistance if possible. The meeting venue will be provided by the Limux project, there's though a need for beverages and snacks during the day.

Request: for the upcoming Munich hackfest, allocate an overall budget of EUR 3k for travel bursaries and snacks during the meeting.

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

16:10 UTC Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy) joins the call.

2. Amended budget for LibreOffice conference travel bursaries

Discussion: after evaluating eligible bursary requests, Florian and Thorsten see additional funding needs to reimburse our volunteers.

Request: Approve additional 5k EUR for LibreOffice conference travel reimbursals. Authorize Florian and Thorsten to double-check requests and trigger payments.

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

3. Update ESC membership list

Request: add the following new members to the ESC - Joel Madero, Mirek Mazel, and Ahmad Hussein Al-Harthi. Replace Mitch with Eilidh McAdam.

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

4. Private list compositions

Discussion: the board wants to formalize membership on private lists.

Request: henceforth have the following compositions on the below lists:

  • tdf-core: board, membership committee, and legal counsel (including deputies)
  • tdf-info alias: board (including deputies)
  • legal list: board (including deputies), and counsel
  • treasurer list: board (including deputies)
  • membership list: membership committee (including deputies)
  • private-marketing list: trusted contributors for marketing, PR preparations etc., including board, membership committee, and their deputies
  • advisory board list: advisory board members, and board (including deputies)

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

5. Investment of the capital stock

The request at Umweltbank was declined, Bjoern and Andreas will take another round, Thorsten will ask during Stiftungstag.

6. Clarify advisory board fees

Request: Beyond the 50% rebate for companies directly funding LibreOffice developers, have another cumulative 50% rebate for companies with less than 50 employees in total (10k USD small company standard rate, 5k USD for small companies funding developers).

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

End of agenda, no additions.

Attending at the end of the meeting: Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors), Bjoern Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy)

The meeting adjournes at 16:30 UTC.

Meeting minutes approved:

Thorsten Behrens, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair


Minutes 2012-11-14

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, Nov 14th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Thorsten Behrens (Board of Directors)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors), Bjoern Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy)

Representation: Bjoern Michaelsen represents Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors)

Chairman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairman or Deputy is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 6 Board of Directors members are attending the call, one of them being represented by a deputy.

The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

The meeting commences at 16:31 UTC.

1. Include Lanedo as an Advisory Board member

Discussion: Lanedo, providing engineering services around LibreOffice and being present in the ESC, applies for an advisory board seat.

Request: include Lanedo in the TDF advisory board.

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

End of agenda, no additions.

Attending at the end of the meeting: Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors), Bjoern Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy)

The meeting adjournes at 16:36 UTC.

Meeting minutes approved:

Thorsten Behrens, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-10-31

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-10-31-2315434.mp3

Minutes 2012-10-31

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Thursday, Oct 31st, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Michael Meeks (Board of Directors)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Chairman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairman or Deputy is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 4 Board of Directors members are attending the call.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 3 votes.

The meeting commences at 16:00 UTC.

1. Capital stock

Have agreed investment guidelines; need a German speaker to review the relevant documents and choose a product soon. Poke Bjoern and Andreas to do it before end of next week, otherwise re-circle. What needs doing: pick a suitable product at random & get the forms to Thorsten + Florian to sign well before Munich.

2. libreoffice.org E-mail addresses

Already agreed for TDF members to have an address. We need a policy around use of the addresses, either invest money in legal advice around a policy or drop it.

Handful of requests out there for this - a nice membership benefit. Action - Florian to ask Mike what he'd charge for this.

5:15 Italo Vignoli arrived; thus having 5 board members.

3. Call for locations 2013

So far no formal proposals - a couple of informal proposals are moving forward nicely.

4. CeBIT

In talks with the organisers; initial plan to have a free-booth, but apparently there are none. A single demo point costs 3.5 - 4k for the week; anticipate a vote on that soon. Need to compare notes with other open-source projects, if no-one else is there is it worth going ?

End of agenda, no additions.

Attending at the end of the meeting: Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors)

The meeting adjournes at 16:27 UTC.

Meeting minutes approved:

Michael Meeks, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-10-16

Minutes 2012-10-16 from the Berlin in-person meeting

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting Minutes

Date: Thursday, Oct 16th, 2012
Location: Conference room at the Ministry of Economy and Technology, Berlin, Germany

Keeper of the minutes: Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

The meeting commences at 13:05 UTC

1. Welcome and introduction

Chairman welcomes everyone to Berlin, and the LibreOffice conference.

2. Formal invitation, representation and quorum

Attending: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors)

Representation: None.

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the meeting. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate meeting.

The Board of Directors at time of the meeting consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the meeting needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 6 Board of Directors members are attending the meeting.

The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and time limits for the topics discussed in this meeting.

The meeting is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

Further present are representatives from the Membership Committee (Eike Rathke, Leif Lodahl, Jean Weber, and Fridrich Strba), and Mike Schinagl for legal advise.

3. Overview of past activities, finances and budget for 2012

  • Florian and Thorsten give summary update about the financial history and the outlook for the upcoming year
  • Olivier suggests, based on 2012 spending, to fix dedicate budgets for 2013

13:21 Charles Schulz (Board of Directors) and Sophie Gautier (Membership committee) join the meeting

A total of 7 Board of Directors members are now attending the meeting.

  • The Concardis credit card setup appears well received, it enables many more people to donate in many more currencies
  • To further enable TDF to focus efforts, anonymized donation figures (daily/weekly) would be helpful - e.g. for correlating with other activities

4. Planning for 2013 4.1 Finances and budget

  • concrete budgets postponed until after conference for more representative data of annual spending

4.2 "Zweckbetrieb" and "Wirtschaftsbetrieb"

  • pending additional tax advisor input

4.3 Events (participating and hosting)

  • open list of suggestions so far: CeBIT, FOSDEM, LinuxTag, OSCON, SCALE, LibOCon 2013, German Stiftungstag 2013

4.4 Merchandising and shops

  • Charles will look into what's possible from TDM side

4.5 Certification

  • largely postponed to the Friday certification track
  • in a first step, have developers, migration-, and training partners certified
  • timeline for first draft of certification protocols - end of the month

4.6 Partnership with NGOs

  • very much desired, but pending tax advise as well

4.7 Tablet and cloud versions

  • Michael gives an update on the progress there

5 Community building and focal points

  • clone the EasyHacks concept for QA, marketing, infrastructure and website
  • QA as a possible first sub-project to focus on. Leif suggests making QA work part of the certification prerequisites for migration applicants

6 List of board tasks and roles

7 Various

7.1 Approve existing minutes and decisions of the board

Request: Approve prior meeting minutes of the current board in-person, as listed on this page https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=TDF/BoD_Decisions&oldid=56382, and approve the board decisions (phone meeting and mailing list ones), as listed on this page https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=TDF/BoD_Meetings&oldid=56570

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

Decision: The past board meeting minutes and decisions have been approved during the in-person meeting.

7.2 Hiring for the infrastructure position

Discussion: the board discusses options to fill the role, and the available budget. Florian Effenberger would be available as a part- time employee.

Request: authorize Thorsten Behrens to hire Florian Effenberger as a part-time employee of TDF for non-board related tasks (e.g. infrastructure work), for up to a year, and at a cost not exceeding EUR 37k per annum.

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals

Decision: the request has been approved.

The meeting adjournes at 15:05 UTC

Meeting minutes approved:

Thorsten Behrens, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-10-03

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-10-03-2254766.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, Oct 3th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Andreas Mantke (Deputy at the Board of Directors)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors)


Representation: Andreas Mantke represents Thorsten Behrens (Board of Directors)


Chairman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairman or Deputy is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 6 Board of Directors members are attending the call, one of them being represented by a deputy.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

The meeting commences at 15:00 UTC

1.) Refine travel budget for LibOCon

Discussion: The BoD has already approved a budget of 5000 Euro for conference travel assistance. There are currently requests from Jean and Olivier of round about 3000 Euro. The extension of this budget for round about another 5000 Euro was postponed until the sponsor's fees are clear. Florian will check the budget with Jacqueline and Thorsten, if there is a space for an extension of the travel assistance budget.


2.) Donation Campaign

Florian reported that the newly started donation campain is very successful. It gets round about 1000 Euro per week the amount of donation that we get regularly in a month. There were some ideas for refining the campain discussed on the marketing list. It's planed to add some concrete goals to the campain and to reach out to non-IT media.


3.) Money Investment

There are some proposals for an investment of the foundation stock money on Florian's desk. He had not had the time to look closer into it. He'll discuss them with the German speaking members (and deputies) of the BoD so the board can come up with a proposal this month.


4.) Participation in the Foundation's Day 2013 (October 1st, 2013)

A participation in the Foundation's Day 2013 was discussed. This topic was deferred to the in-person meeting at the LibreOffice conference.


End of agenda, no additions.

Attending to the end of the meeting: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors)


The meeting adjournes at 15:28 UTC

Meeting minutes approved:

Andreas Mantke, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-09-27

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Thursday, Sep 27th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Bjoern Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy)
Session chair: Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Bjoern Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy)

Representation: Bjoern Michaelsen represents Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors)

Deputy Chairman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairman or Deputy is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 4 Board of Directors members are attending the call, one of them being represented by a deputy.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 3 votes.

The meeting commences at 16:00 UTC.

1. Rules of procedure

Request: approve the rules of procedure for the TDF board, as posted to board-discuss today:

http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/msg02783.html

Result of vote: 4 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

Decision: The proposed rules of procedure are accepted.

End of agenda, no additions.

Attending at the end of the meeting: Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Bjoern Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy)

The meeting adjournes at 16:20 UTC.

Meeting minutes approved:

Bjoern Michaelsen, Keeper of the minutes
Thorsten Behrens, Session chair

Minutes 2012-09-19

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-09-19-2229771.mp3

No formal agenda for this date.

Minutes 2012-09-05

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-09-05-2205496.mp3

No formal agenda for this date.

Minutes 2012-08-22

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-08-22-2182742.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, Aug 22th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Bjoern Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy)
Session chair: Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Bjoern Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy)

Representation: Björn Michaelsen represents Charles Schultz (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens represents Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Deputy Chairman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairman or Deputy is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 4 Board of Directors members are attending the call, one of them being represented by a deputy.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate. From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 3 votes.

The meeting commences at 15:08 UTC.

1. Funding campaigns

Discussion:

  • September should be start of the first campaign
  • aiming for one campaign per quarter
  • finetuning timing/sync with release schedule for optimized results
  • first target: full time administator
  • handed to Italo and Bjoern to come up with a proposal
  • get public lists involved: marketing, board, members

2. Alfresco on TDF infrastructure

Discussion:

  • (multiple contributions from Thorsten, Italo, Andreas, Bjoern)
  • question is not contentious
  • involved parties are encouraged to self-organize
  • we are a volunteer based project, and should avoid top-down decision making, unless unavoidable conflicts arise
  • board advise: documentation team to agree on requirements, then admin team can prioritize tasks

End of agenda, no additions.

Attending to the end of the meeting: Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Bjoern Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board).

The meeting adjournes at 15:30 UTC.

Meeting minutes approved:

Björn Michaelsen, Keeper of the minutes
Thorsten Behrens, Session chair

Minutes 2012-08-08

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-08-08-2159001.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, Aug 8th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Michael Meeks (Board of Directors)
Session chair: Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board)

Representation: Björn Michaelsen represents Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors)

Deputy Chairman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairman or Deputy is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 4 Board of Directors members are attending the call, one of them being represented by a deputy.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 3 votes.

The meeting commences at 15:07 UTC

1. Funding options and fundraising

  • Board agrees to postpone, without Italo being present.

2. Funding for libreoffice conference travel

Discussion:

  • Thorsten asked the board to approve an initial Eur 5k budget for conference travel and associated costs, booking of hotel / appartments etc.
  • Charles pointed out that this was not enough, anticipate a need to extend it later.

15:15 Caolan joined, a total of 5 Board of Directors members or their representatives are attending the call.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 3 votes.

Request: Approve an initial Eur 5k budget for conference travel and associated costs, booking of hotel / appartments etc.

Result of vote: 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.

3. Funding requests from projects, entities

  • Deferred to private call.

4. Decision about travel costs

Request: Approve up to 500 EUR in travel costs, for having Andreas Mantke and Mike S. attend the special congress of the German Foundation Association about foundation management in Hildesheim, at the Sept. 13th 2012

Result of vote: 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.

5. LibreOffice 4 - numbering, ABI changes etc.

Discussion:

  • At some point in time we will have a 4.0, which will break some things; marketing input appreciated on the topic - missing Italo etc.
  • Tension between fixing we want to in a single version cycle; problems with breaking ABI after a 4.0, huge amount of pending cleanup needed before ABI breakage, breaking effect of ageing cruft.
  • Bjoern: does having a defined plan help? known ABI breakage points?

6. LibreOffice projects communications

  • Deferred to the in-person meeting at the LibreOffice conference.

End of agenda, no additions.

Attending to the end of the meeting: Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors)

The meeting adjournes at 16:02 UTC

Meeting minutes approved:

Michael Meeks, Keeper of the minutes
Thorsten Behrens, Session chair

Minutes 2012-07-25

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-07-25-2134874.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, July 25th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Thorsten Behrens (Board of Directors)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors)

Representation: Björn Michaelsen represents Michael Meeks (Board of Directors)

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies.
In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
A total of 5 Board of Directors members or their representatives are attending the call.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 3 votes.

The meeting commences at 15:10 UTC

1. Project communication

  • TDF projects have grown substantially over time, and with the larger subculture groups, there's some danger of balcanization
  • it is therefore suggested to post at least bi-weekly minutes or status updates to projects@global, and additionally have easily-accessible (from the main site) landing pages for each subproject, with key information for self-starters
  • more detailed suggestions included:
    • irc channel for the admin team - #tdf-infra on freenode
    • have feature page as a marketing deliverable in the release plan schedule
    • G+, phone calls etc. are fine, but make sure that the information is disseminated to the mailing lists as well
    • for teasing out information deficiencies, have "canary" volunteers go to subprojects, try to get started, and report back what they missed the most
    • if in doubt, put community fostering and people onboarding over meeting goals and deadlines

2. Funding options & fund raising

  • stable budget, but desirable to have targetted fund-raisers
  • determine concrete items that benefit from targetted funding
  • suggestion: have one fund-raiser per quarter
  • look into further diversification of fund collection, e.g. bitcoin

End of agenda, no additions.

Attending to the end of the meeting: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors)

The meeting adjournes at 15:30 UTC

Meeting minutes approved:

Thorsten Behrens, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-07-11

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-07-11-2112166.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, July 11th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy)

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
A total of 7 Board of Directors members or their representatives are attending the call.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

The meeting commences at 15:12 UTC

1. Joining Transparency International
Thorsten Behrens is proposing to join Transparency International, an organization with the mission of stopping corruption and promote transparency, accountability and integrity at all levels and across all sectors of society.

The proposal is approved with 7 votes.

2. Board Meeting at the LibreOffice Conference
Florian Effenberger tells to the Board of Directors that there will be a face-to-face board meeting at the LibreOffice Conference in Berlin, on October 16. This will comply with the foundation statutes.

3. Discussion about LibreOffice Conference
The members of the board of directors discuss about various issues related to the Berlin conference, with a special attention to travel and lodging costs.

End of agenda, no additions.

Attending to the end of the meeting: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy)

The meeting adjournes at 15:26 UTC

Meeting minutes approved:

Italo Vignoli, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-06-27

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-06-27-2089760.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, June 27th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors)

Representation: Björn Michaelsen is representing Olivier Hallot, as confirmed on the public mailing list.

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies.
In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
A total of 6 Board of Directors members are attending the call, one of them being represented by a deputy.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

1.) Short report from foundation meeting

Florian gave a short report from the foundation meeting (Stiftungstag) in Erfurt from June 20th to 22th 2012, that Mike Schinagl attended on behalf of the Document Foundation.

2.) Budget Authorization

Request: Florian requests pre-approved budgets for two fields of activity

a) Infrastructure:
a quarterly budget of 2500 Euro,
authorized persons for this pre-approved budget: Thorsten and Florian

b) Administration:
a quarterly budget of 300 Euro,
authorized persons for this pre-approved budget: Thorsten and Florian

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.

Meeting minutes approved:

Andreas Mantke, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-06-13

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-06-13-2068450.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, June 13th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Caolán McNamara (Board of Directors), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors), Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors)

Deputies: Björn Michaelsen (Deputy of the Board) representing Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors)

Others: Norbert Thiebaud, Drew Jensen, Andreas Mantke

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders with deputies.
In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
A total of 7 Board of Directors members are attending the call.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.
From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

1) Investment for Capital stock: 2 options, one not so secure the second as "traditional/conservative" savings account (rates at 1,4% per year).

Request: Put the capital stock in a savings account.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

Decision: The request has been accepted.

2) OASIS membership. Fee USD 1100,00 per year, for NGOs/non-for-Profit organizations

Request: Become member of OASIS for 1100 USD per year.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

Decision: The request has been accepted.

3) German Foundations Association meeting. Proposal for 500 € for Mike Schnagl to attend the meeting.

Request: Spend up to 500 € for Mike Schinagl attending the German Foundations Association meeting.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

Decision: The request has been accepted.

4) Google YouTube and LibreOffice: YouTube has special offers for non-for-profit organizations and there is a possibility to get the LibreOffice channel for TDF. Andrew Jensen explained the issues and the paperwork to be carried and will get back with more details.

5) FreeDesktop Bugzilla optimization service: BZ is underperforming and hitting development. Need better tunning as well as improvements such as OpenID and more. Estimated cost of 5.000 € for high-level consulting in BZ, to be carried by FDT specialists.

Request: Spend up to 5.000 € for bugzilla optimization.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

Decision: The request has been accepted.

Discussion: While spending for IT services, consider spendings in improving the portal for LO and TDF: better usability.

6) Travel Expenses for Jean Weber at OSCON: Proposal for funding up to 2.000 USD covering part of ticket and hotel.

Request: Fund up to 2.000 USD for Jean Weber's trip to OSCON.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

Decision: The request has been accepted.

Discussion: TDF must have a travel budget to bound expenses, otherwise any travel is important and we can loose control of the expenses with severe consequences.

7) Update on membership lists: Our public web pages and our internal member mailing list need the actual members names, which is not updated since long time in our TDF portal/ML. MC to provide the latest list and figures.


Meeting minutes approved:

Olivier Hallot, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-05-30

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-05-30-2047565.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, May 30th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Michael Meeks (Board of Directors)
Session chair: Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Caolán McNamara (Board of Directors), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors)

Representation: Thorsten Behrens is representing Florian Effenberger in his role as Chairman of the Board, as confirmed on the public mailing list.

The Deputy Chairman is in the call, representing the Chairman of the Board. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies.
In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
A total of 4 Board of Directors members are attending the call.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.


The call has been adjourned due to an empty agenda.


Meeting minutes approved:

Michael Meeks, Keeper of the minutes
Thorsten Behrens, Session chair

Minutes 2012-05-16

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-05-16-2027466.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, May 16th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Charles H. Schulz (Board of Directors)

Representation: None.

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies.
In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
A total of 6 Board of Directors members are attending the call.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

The meeting commences at 15:05 UTC


1. Munich Hackfest

Discussion: The public poll yielded Nov. 23rd-25th as the most preferred date, that was also confirmed by the host. Florian will announce on Monday.


2. LibreOffice conference planning

Discussion:

  • Florian is in contact with our host, will meet next week at LinuxTag, to finalize details and announce
  • German team is about to coordinate and have conf call
  • Andreas is working on a conference tool, based on a Plone addon
  • Andreas has setup test site at vm5.documentfoundation.org:9090


3. Discussing the open tasks

Discussion:

  • Budget for infrastructure and office supplies: Florian and Thorsten will draft a proposal for the next meeting
  • Capital stock investment: There is an offer, but only via online access, so rejecting. Andreas contacted home bank for another offer


4. Insurances

Discussion:

  • Insurances: Wiating for final offer for liability insurance. New group offering for D&O from German head association of Foundations
  • Motion to approve a budget for the insurance, because current offer ends on Saturday. Either sign current offer, or take head association offer

Request: Authorize Thorsten and Florian to sign the D&O insurance, cap the annual fee at EUR 1,900 per year, excluding taxes

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

Decision: The request has been accepted.


5. Travel policy

Request: Approve TDF travel policy as mailed to the board discuss list on May 16th, 2012

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

Decision: The TDF travel policy has been approved.


6. Continuing discussion of the open tasks

Discussion:

  • Budget: Including a planned reserve of 15k, and planned expenses, TDF has currently 13k left until the end of year
  • Stamps: Designing and procuring stamps for TDF administration is in progress
  • Advisory board and ESC: Michael's task to put AB and ESC details on our website
  • Membership committee: The membership application page and renewal form needs to point to statutes instead of bylaws, Florian will approach the MC to adjust that


7. Admin team weekend

Discussion:

  • Linux hotel in Essen, Germany has free seats, for 50€ per weekend and person all-inclusive
  • for travel fees, Florian will collect details, find date, then mail proposal to the list


The meeting adjournes at 15:33 UTC

Meeting minutes approved:

Thorsten Behrens, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-05-02

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-05-02-2004650.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Jesús Corrius (Board of Directors Deputy)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Caolán McNamara (Board of Directors), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Jesús Corrius (Board of Directors Deputy)

Representation: Andreas Mantke is representing Olivier Hallot, as confirmed on the public mailing list. Jesús Corrius is representing Charles-H. Schulz.

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies.
In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
A total of 7 Board of Directors members are attending the call, two of them being represented by a deputy.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.


1. TDF Certification Program

Discussion: What is missing is the vote from the BoD. We still need some time to make things clear, but we will start certifying the active first and then the third parties. We want to make sure that they have the right attitude as some companies don't have a free software culture and don't understand licenses, etc. We'll have a meeting at LinuxTag with the interested parties and a launch announcement next week. It will start officially in June. It's important that this project is not driven by a single person and also to push everybody to be active in the community.

Request: Approve the certification program as outlined in the wiki.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The certification program has been approved.


2. Capital stock investment

Discussion: Not everybody should have online access to it, it's too risky. Andreas will talk to Volksbank. It's better to invest the capital in a long-term, environmental-friendly, social responsible fund. Andreas will discuss this with Björn.


3. LibreOffice Conference

Discussion: The date for the LibreOffice Conference is not public yet. The public days will be Oct. 17-19. The private days will be announced soon in a PR next week.


4. Editing the membership application/renewal form

Discussion: The form on our website still points to the old bylaws. The MC should change this.


5. Simon's proposal on a collateral scheme

Request: Vote on the approval of Simon's propsal.

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 1 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: Simon's proposal on a collateral scheme has been approved.


Meeting minutes approved:

Jesús Corrius, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-04-18

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-04-18-1983745.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, April 18th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Caolán McNamara (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board)

Others: Björn Michaelsen, Andreas Mantke, Sophie Gautier, Simon Phipps

Representation: None.

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies.
In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
A total of 7 Board of Directors members are attending the call.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.
From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.


1) Italo on Certification:

  • Made some last minute changes on the certification program, will send to the attendees
  • It should be clear that TDF is not legally responsible for certified people's actions. Certify competences but no act on behalf of TDF and avoid confusion from the legislation
  • Announcements next Wednesday, start with certification of developers
  • Create a certification committee
  • Use LinuxTag for 1st certification meeting, one full day for the task.
  • Do not certify someone we don't know about

2) Florian on digital certificate, spending of EUR 30,00

3) Charles Schulz on OSI: Confirmation of the go-ahead and join OSI

4) Thorsten Behrens on Apple Developer program: Request for EUR 160,00 for Apple developer support, will get some developers tools too

Request: Approve all three proposals.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals

Decision: The request has been accepted.

5) Andreas Mantke on banks service offers: advise to get other offers for evaluation

6) Thorsten Behrens on travel policy: will send latest changes to internal lists

The meeting adjournes at 15:33 UTC

Meeting minutes approved:

Olivier Hallot, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-04-04

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-04-04-1963944.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, April 4th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Bjoern Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors arriving 15:06UTC), Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Charles H. Schulz (Board of Directors arriving 15:09UTC)


Representation: Björn Michaelsen is representing Olivier Hallot, as confirmed on the public mailing list.

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies.
In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
A total of 7 Board of Directors members are attending the call, one of them being represented by a deputy.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.


1. Voting on RRPproxy contract: http://www.mail-archive.com/board-discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02230.html

In order to be able to organize our domain names more professionally, we came across RRPproxy. They are from the same corporation as DomainDiscount24 (Key-Systems), but targetted at professionals. Benefits are that they offer direct APIs and gateways, something which could ease the administration a lot.

The agreements are available at

https://www.rrpproxy.net/downloads/en/agreement.en.pdf
and
https://www.rrpproxy.net/downloads/en/nda.en.pdf
and
https://www.rrpproxy.net/downloads/en/tac.pdf

We have to pay a minimum account balance of 100 USD, but since domain renewals are due soon, that money would be used in time.

Request: Next to taking over the DomainDiscount24 contract, sign a contract with RRPproxy.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


2. Discussing the open tasks

Capital stock investment:

  • Previous offers for cash account are not available for organizations
  • Andreas found a different list
  • Two good offers from those, still waiting for an offer from the TDF house bank
  • Andreas/Bjoern will investigate for next call
  • basic bank account setup is at Bjoern and on the way to Thorsten

Travel refund policy: No progess so far (Thorsten)

Rules of procedure and Community bylaws: No progress so far, TBD next week (Charles)

Draft thank you message to donors: Michael will work on that

Work on documentfoundation.org website:

  • AB, ESC, overall content
  • Andreas looking into it (supported by Christian Lohmaier)

Check existing sites on trademark usage: Everyone.


3. Decide on whether TDF should join the OSI

Request: Charles requests TDF to join the OSI (http://www.opensource.org)

  • OSI promotes and advises on open source software
  • no financial obligations
  • other members: Mozilla, Debian, Apache
  • rechecking with FSF (Michael)

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


4. Decide on the funding for a table/booth at the US South East Linux Fest

Request: Italo requests 200 USD funding for a table/booth at the US South East Linux fest via SPI budget

  • Participation is free, but refund for traveling etc. is needed
  • The Board is very happy that Drew Jensen is representing us that well in the US.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


5. Vote on the final draft of TDF Certification

Discussion: Italo will ask for an email vote after final changes.

  • Announcement will certified developers and roadmap
  • First certifications will be decided on the Hackfest
  • Jacqueline Rahemipour and Tim Janik need to reply certification committee proposal, Florian to ping Jacqueline
  • RedHat representative needs to be named, Caolan will investigate
  • First non-members certifications at the LibreOffice Conference in Berlin


Meeting minutes approved:

Björn Michaelsen, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-03-21

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-03-21-1943570.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, March 21st 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Charles-H. Schulz (Board of Directors)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy)

Representation: None. No representative represents more than one person.

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies.
In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
A total of 6 Board of Directors members are attending the call.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.


1. Vote on infrastructure replacement

Florian requests budget for replacing two old servers, plus buying one additional including a Gbit port, plus buying additional IPs. 5.450 € is the amount for infrastructure costs currently planned in for the rest of the year. Florian suggests 1.672 € to be spent extra for servers.

Request: Replacement of two machines (one will then be cheaper and one will then be more expensive compared to now).

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


In addition, an extra machine for the download system based on MirrorBrain is needed. Michael suggests we could have a sponsored machine. In case we could not have that, 108 € per month and 149 € one time fee for a new machine would be needed.

Request: Try to get sponsoring, otherwise buy an additional machine.

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


In addition, a new set of IP addresses for one specific server is needed. In case no sponsor is found, it would cost 26,20 € per month.

Request: Try to get sponsoring, otherwise buy additional IP ddresses.

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


2. Making the budget public

The budget draft shall be made public. Only the identity of the AB members and their specific donations will not be disclosed. BoD agreed unanimously.


3. Cash Account for TDF (Björn)

The money currently hold on our behalf by FrODeV shall be transferred to a proper account belonging to TDF, and then the capital stock of 50.000 € will be transferred to a savings account. We must check the statutes to make sure we can do that. BoD has agreed to deposit the 50.000 € of the capital stock to a regular savings account. Björn, Andreas, Thorsten and Florian are working on that.


4. Approval of sponsoring for hackfest

A t-shirt manufacturer proposes to offer 5 shirts at a value of 20 € each for the hackfest. They require a mention in the blog entry we will write for the hackfest. BoD unanimously agrees to this.


5. Approval of travel refund

No formal vote on this took place, but the decision was made to pay through SPI the various travel refund requests.


6. TDF certification

Italo outlined the upcoming certification process and certification announcements. The first certified members ought to be ready by April, but we will have to raise comments on this. Italo to send out in document on this in the coming days.


Meeting minutes approved:

Charles Schulz, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-03-07

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-03-07-1921359.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, March 7th, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Caolan McNamara (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board)

Representation: Björn Michaelsen is representing Michael Meeks, as confirmed on the public mailing list.

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies.
In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
A total of 7 Board of Directors members are attending the call, one of them being represented by a deputy.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.


1. Switching Hetzner contract from FrODeV to TDF for server hosting

Request: Florian requests to switch the server hosting contract with Hetzner from FrODeV to TDF.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


2. Switching DomainDiscount24 contract from FrODeV to TDF for domain hosting

Request: Florian requests to switch the domain hosting contract with DomainDiscount24 from FrODeV to TDF.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


3. CAcert Organization Validation

Request: Florian requests TDF to become a CAcert Validated Organization, with the relationship managed by Florian and Thorsten and the certificates issued by Florian.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


4. Adding Intel to the Advisory Board

Request: Florian requests to add Intel Corporation to the Advisory Board.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


5. Adding Lionel Elie Mamane (independent), Marcus Mohrhardt (independent) and Stephan Bergman (RedHat) to the ESC

Request: Thorsten requests to add Lionel Elie Mamane (independent), Marcus Mohrhardt (independent) and Stephan Bergman (RedHat) to the ESC.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


6. Approval of a 1000 Euro travel bursary for HackFest participants

Request: Thorsten requests to approve of a 1000 Euro travel bursary for the Hamburg HackFest participants. The Hamburg Hackfest will happen on April 13 and 14. It has to be checked if this reimbursement is compatible with the German tax law, payments will only occur if so.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.


7. Next LibreOffice Conference in Berlin

Discussion: Next LibreOffice Conference will be in Berlin. Charles has volunteered to help the local team. Florian suggests to remember that TDF might not be able to invest money in the conference in 2012. It might also be useful to give a look at the timeline done in the past by John.


8. Investment of TDF capital money

Discussion: Bjoern reports about possible investments for TDF capital money. Today, it looks like you get better conditions with a regular bank account (money available) than by blocking the money for a number of years.


9. Budget draft

Discussion: Florian asks BoD members to have a look at the draft of the budget, in order to share opinions and make the budget public as soon as possible.


10. Access to TDF bank account

Discussion: Florian suggests to have a vote on the mailing list about the access to TDF bank account, so this decision is transferred to the mailing list.


Meeting minutes approved:

Italo Vignoli, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Minutes 2012-02-22

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-02-22-1900133.mp3

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting
Call Minutes

Date: Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012
Location: Phone conference room

Keeper of the minutes: Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy)
Session chair: Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board)

Attending: Andreas Mantke (Board of Directors Deputy), Florian Effenberger (Chairman of the Board), Thorsten Behrens (Deputy Chairman of the Board), Olivier Hallot (Board of Directors), Charles Schulz (Board of Directors), Michael Meeks (Board of Directors), Italo Vignoli (Board of Directors), Björn Michaelsen (Board of Directors Deputy), Simon Phipps (Membership Committee), Norbert Thiebaud (Membership Committee)

Representation: None. No representative represents more than one person.

Chairman of the Board and Deputy Chairman are in the call. One of them is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.

A total of 6 Board of Directors members are attending the call.

The invitation to the call has been in time, fulfilling all formal requirements.

The call is quorate.

From now on, a quorum can be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

1. Regular meetings of the Board of Directors

Request: Florian requests that the Board of Directors will meet every two weeks on Wednesday via phone, beginning today, at 1600 UTC. The agenda will be available at the appropriate wiki page. All members of the Board of Directors and everyone interested is invited to join the calls.

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted and counts as invitation to future calls.

2. Accounting

Discussion: Thorsten will take care of the accounting for TDF. He will get in touch with Thomas Krumbein from the German association to discuss the transfer of the bank accounts, which are hold in trust for TDF.

3. Registered office

Discussion: The registered office of the Document Foundation will be in Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany. Florian has send out the signed contract today.

4. Investment of the capital stock

Discussion: Björn will send a request for an investment proposal to different banks in Germany, preferably with environmental-friendly options.

5. Budget

Discussion: Florian will update the budget. It will be made public as soon as it is in a stable draft.

6. EU fundings

Discussion: Charles and Florian will evaluate options for fundings of the European Union, to support the efforts of The Document Foundation.

7. Thank you letter to authorities

Discussion: Florian will draft a thank you letter for the authorities and send the draft to the list for approval.

8. VAT number

Discussion: Thorsten will evaluate whether we need a VAT number.

9. Travel refund policy

Discussion: Although TDF currently has no funds for travel refund, a policy is needed. Italo will work on a draft, and Thorsten will evaluate this from a fiscal point of view.

10. Rules of procedure ("Geschäftsordnung") and Community Bylaws ("Community-Satzung")

Discussion: Charles has created a draft for both, which TDF needs in addition to the statutes, and will send a draft to the mailing list.

11. CAcert Organization Assurance

Discussion: Thorsten and Florian are working on this tasks.

12. Official letterhead

Discussion: Thorsten will create an official letterhead for TDF.

13. Bank account warrant

Discussion: Only a handful of bank warrants should be issued, out of practical reasons. Florian proposed to give such a warrant to the four German-speaking members of the Board of Directors, being Thorsten, Florian, Björn and Andreas. All other members should be regularly updated with bank statements. Voting on this item has been postponed to the next call.

14. Chart of the decision workflow

Discussion: Andreas will work on a graphical explanation of the TDF decision workflow soon, after CeBIT.

15. Representative for the trademarks

In the meantime, Caolan McNamara has joined the call at 16:11 UTC.
A total of 7 Board of Directors members are now attending the call.
The call is still quorate.

From now on, a quorum can still be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

Request: Michael Schinagl should serve as TDF's official representative for the trademark office.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.

16. Donation confirmation

Discussion: Thorsten will work on a donation confirmation for donors in accordance with fiscal requirements.

17. English translation of the statutes

Discussion: Thorsten and others have been working on a translation of the German statutes into a non-binding English version. He asked for feedback from natives speakers to improve the draft.

18. Membership at the German head association of foundations ("Bundesverband deutscher Stiftungen")

Request: The Document Foundation will become a member of the German head association of foundations ("Bundesverband deutscher Stiftungen"). Costs are 150 EUR per year.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.

19. Phone and fax line

Request: The Document Foundation will order a phone and fax line from sipgate, with a price of 20 EUR per month.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.

20. Creating the Advisory Board

Request: The Advisory Board will be created with the following members: Google, SUSE, Red Hat, Freies Office Deutschland e.V., Software in the Public Interest and the Free Software Foundation.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.

21. Engineering Steering Committee

Request: The Engeneering Steering Committee will be created with the following members: Andras Timar (localization), Michael Meeks and Petr Mladek of Novell, Caolan McNamara and David Tardon of RedHat, Björn Michaelsen of Canonical, Michael Natterer of Lanedo, Rene Engelhard of Debian, the independent contributors Norbert Thiebaud and Rainer Bielefeld (QA).

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.

22. Hosting for Freies Office Deutschland e.V.

Request: TDF will host the infrastructure of the German nonprofit Freies Office Deutschland e.V. free of charge. Domain names have to be paid directly by the nonprofit.

Result of vote: 7 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.

Decision: The request has been accepted.

Meeting minutes approved:

Andreas Mantke, Keeper of the minutes
Florian Effenberger, Session chair

Meeting minutes of the BoD before Foundation incorporation

Minutes 2012-02-08

Attending: Florian Effenberger (BoD Chair), Björn Michaelsen (BoD Deputy), Charles Schulz (BoD), Thorsten Behrens (BoD Chair Deputy), Simon Phipps (MC), Andreas Mantke (BoD Deputy), Olivier Hallot (BoD)

Attending from 17.23 CET on: Michael Meeks (BoD)

Keeper of the minutes: Andreas Mantke
Session chair: Florian Effenberger

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-02-08-1877496.mp3


2) LibOCon voting: should start this week
There was no objection to start the vote at the end of the week or at the beginning of the next week. Thorsten and Florian will work on setting up the voting tool. Only members of the foundation can vote and the vote will last one week. 3) CeBIT attendance: missing coordinator
It should be asked on the marketing-mailinglist for a coordinator of the different action items for the CeBIT 2012, thus e.g. all stuff get done and will arrive the booth in time. All agreed, that next time we need a volunteer for this coordination work, before we vote for the participation in a similar event.

4) Marketing conference call in February
Florian informed that he will open up the doodle survey for another two days and then decide about the most appropriate date. Thus people who want to participate should vote in the next two days.

5) Translation of German statutes into English
Thorsten is working on this and creating a first draft.

6) Private AB meeting this month: Please check draft on internal list
Florian reminded all BoD members to look on the draft, if the have any objections or comments. Florian wants to send out the mail in the next days.

7) CAcert organization certification
We will accept a proposal for an organisation certification of The Document Foundation.

8) choosing SIP provider
We will choose a SIP provider, that provides a phone and a fax number in Berlin with forwarding.

9) Foundation legal stuff

9.1) Caolans written acceptance of role still missing
Florian will write a PM to Caolan about this topic to get his acceptance of the role.

9.2) Money investment plan
Andreas will look at this in collaboration with Björn

9.3) Insurances
We need a liability and a D&O insurance. Florian will talk to this with an expert on Friday. If someone want to participate, he will set up a confcall. Andreas will have a look onto the site of stiftungen.org for additional information about this topic.

9.4) Community bylaws ("Community-Satzung")
Charles has already worked on this item. When he finished the draft he will put it on the public list for discussion and reviewing.

9.5) Internal rules ("Geschäftsordnung")
Charles and Florian will work on this item.

9.6) Tax advisor
This topic will be discussed in detail in a German call and then presented to the BoD.

9.7) Budget planning
Florian is working on this and will come back to BoD later.

Minutes 2012-01-25

Attending: Olivier, Florian, Michael, Andreas, Thorsten, Simon, Italo, Norbert, Caolan, Jesus

Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-01-25-1854285.mp3

  • Who is taking notes?
    • Thorsten
  • Status and next steps of certification programme
    • there's raising interest now, cor commented
    • not seen many comments in total, though
    • in europe/brazil certification is important for 3rd parties, to get them closer to tdf
    • talked with spanish company, that deployed OOo to a bank - willing to migrate to libo, but bank wants them certified by TDF
      • AA: fwd request to Michael/TSC for looking into
    • Michael: wants to see them work, before we can certify
    • Italo: cert has to go through TSC surely
    • Jacqueline might be able to do trainings towards certifiability
    • Charles wants to setup a task force for that
    • Italo will circulate updated draft, finalize it on FOSDEM
  • first comments on LibreOffice Conference proposals
    • who can vote?
      • members - should we make sure that people can become members before? Simon suggest to not wait - but encourage people to become members, to be eligible for 2013 location
    • which voting tool to use?
      • thorsten: use the already-deployed system we had for the board elections, create a test vote / dummy to fill with the proposals, then have one week for voting
    • time for sending in additions to proposals and for community questions?
      • applicants were unclear that proposal text will be public (some may want smaller tweaks) (have proposers remove confidential items, don't add anything - they can do that on the discuss list)
  • status of the forums for LibreOffice
    • instruct Christian/Alex to go live with askbot and jForum

Minutes 2012-01-11

Attending: Michael, Caolan, Thorsten, Andreas, Olivier, Björn, Jesus, Charles
Voice recording (MP3): File:Talkyoo-537138-2012-01-11-1830659.mp3

  • Who is taking notes?
    • Thorsten
  • CeBIT 2012: booth staff, hardware, organizing collaterals
    • Andreas: booth with presentation area, we need people to give a short presentation. Defer to marketing list, Thomas will manage.
    • Andreas: will be there Thursday to Saturday
    • Thorsten: will be there, dates not yet decided
  • approve procurement of dedicated tinderbox
    • no objections, voting on list
  • organizing marketing confcall in January
    • Italo & Florian missing, dropped
  • travel reimbursement request by Florian (FOSDEM, 400 €)
    • no objections, voting on list
  • status certification programme
    • Italo missing, dropped
  • video recording requirement for LibOCon?
    • good to have, but lots of work - let's not require it, but judge applications with that in mind
  • intranet access for BoD and MC (still not feedback from everyone!)
    • Reminder to directors and MC members to send in credentials
  • status of the forums for LibreOffice
    • work on askbot is ongoing, phpBB or java forum? Cloph is favouring the Java forum.
    • Olivier: set a deadline.
    • Andreas: AA to get back to cloph - if/when are we ready
    • Cloph reports: little feedback from NL projects/in general, so assuming either forum structure is fine → Prefers jforum. What is lacking is a forum-farm-shared-authentication that's added right now (shared logins across NL projects). Plan was to go live with askbot earlier, but bug in template engine needed workaround. Both can though be deployed in January.
  • call for presentation for LinuxTag.
    • Andreas: deadline end of month - suggested topics: config, extension,deployment. will be in the odf track
    • Bjoern: everything enterprise-centric should fly well with LT (as a general advise)