Moved discussion to Talk:Feature Comparison: LibreOffice - Microsoft Office
Well, as my bot edits aren't shown (by default) anythere, I do ping here, as I have responded on my talk page (have to use my bot account at the moment!) CleanupBot (run by DennisRoczek) 2013-11-25T15:15:29 (UTC)
- I have by accident found Development/Really basic missing features and enhancements. Is that useful for the comparison page? (I put a link on the "see also" section of the Documentation page).
- Regards, Dennis Roczek (talk) 2013-11-25T22:53:31 (UTC)
- Thanks Dennis for the link. I cleaned the page a bit (some things are already implemented) and added a link from the comparison page.
- With regards to the compatability to 8.1., there is already a bug entry, but - so far - no one added the information on the "System Requirements" of the LibreOffice website.
- Well for - say - more detailed comparisons I found also [Development/Calc]]. Maybe that helps, too. Dennis Roczek (talk) 2013-11-28T16:33:27 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot. I plan to enter more details on supported functions. As it seems 4.2 will add lots of them, for compatibility reasons.
- Well, interestingly this wiki contains many ideas started but not completed years ago. How about these pages. Should we simply redirect them?
Hi Dennis, I answered your question here: User_talk:Dennisroczek#Your_question_here_User_talk:GerryT
- Yeah, hi Gerry.
- I saw your post (well I even got an email), but the last few days were very busy at work. ;-)
- I still believe we should redirect Marketing/Selling points MSO to the comparison as it conatins exactly the data which is "requested" (and I don't know where in the net is a link!)
- The AOO page can be deleted, I guess... But the general page is would also redirect. just for the case there is a link to it out there.
- I think the idea to place a link at the Marketing page is a good idea. Actually there are very old links like InThePress, so why not adding new and up-to-date stuff? ;-)
- Dennis Roczek (talk) 2014-04-10T10:05:10 (UTC)
- PS: Sign your comments ;-)
Thanks for looking into this important page. Your arguments are sound. I was not sure how to best make my point in that table, but I think it's important to note that, for many Windows/Office users, LibreOffice (or OpenOffice) is the only chance to open some Microsoft Office formats. It might be that this is not true of the respective latest versions, but with LibreOffice one can freely choose what version to install. I did not perform in-depth research or testing for version compatibility, I only checked the English Wikipedia articles; but I distinctly remember that, nearly ten years ago, when I was stuck on a Windows (XP) machine, OpenOffice was my only chance to open certain Microsoft formats. Many people are still stuck on such ten years old software, so I'm confident LibreOffice is still their only chance to survive. Nemo bis (talk) 2016-02-15T21:26:53 (UTC)
Hi. I need to make all templates for romanian language Can you help me with this task. Cătălin George Feștilă