Quick Start :
* Download LibreOffice 4.2.0 beta2
* Test what you want
* Found a bug? Mention at irc / write an issue
Simple as that - all help greatly appreciated !
Our community is preparing for the release of LibreOffice 4.2.0. We've added many new features and fixed loads of bugs (see below...) and we want to make sure that the new version is well tested. You can help to make this release a great one! Be aware however that the translation for this version is not over, so it will not be available fully in your language.
On the 6th, 7th and 8th of December we will have an international bug-hunting session, testing the second beta for LibreOffice 4.2.0. Please join us! :-)
How to join
- Get the latest version (LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta2 will be available by the start of this session)
- Report bugs you find
When: December 6, 7 and 8
Feel free to join us at any point during these three days.
- #Mentors will be available from 08:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC on those dates.
If you can't join us during this session, you're always welcome to help us hunt for bugs on other days. The builds of this particular beta (LibreOffice 4.2.0 beta2) will be available until December the 15th ;-)
What to test
We aim at:
- Doing as much testing on the 4.2.0 as possible
- Triaging all already filed issues, so that it's as clear as possible for the developers to step in!
There are always more ways to test: do your regular tasks, structured tests, or playing with the new features..
Choose what suits best for you :-) All testing is great and important, and the more we are, the more chance we have to hunt a bug!
So take one of those:
- Your own favorite features
- Look at the new 4.2 features
- Pick up a test case from the standard regression test using Moztrap
- Soon we will give some useful queries at this place, what will lead you to bugs that need some checking:
Found a bug?
At first, make sure it isn't already reported by searching in our bug database. If it isn't reported yet, you can add it to our bug database using our BSA, which is a simple layout to report bugs. If you are more confident with Bugzilla, you can report your bug using the Bugzilla interface. When you want to discuss first, use chat or mail, fast and direct.
Get a little support
Other users, testers, are at IRC and the mailing list to help with any question, don't be shy, don't hesitate to ask!.
More info on Moztrap, to work with our test cases, is here
If you have an idea for a test case, feel welcome to post this at our QA mailing list
Who's available to man the #libreoffice-qa channel? It would be great to have a couple of people providing coverage most of the day...
- Robinson 'colonelqubit' Tryon -- I'll be online Friday and Saturday, 12:00 - 20:00 EST