QA/Meetings/2013/July 26

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2013
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2013-07-26 13:00 UTC
G+ Hangout [ This Meeting]
Chair Joel Madero
Secretary Robinson Tryon
Started 13:06
Adjourned 14:19
Participants Joel, Robinson, Florian R., Petr, Bjoern
Pad http://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/qa
Talkyoo Room Number 537138


Prep

Agenda + Minutes

Minutes:

Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.


Start

  • Meeting started at: 13:06
  • Participants: Joel, Robinson, Florian R., Petr, Bjoern

Notes:

Opening Discussion

  • Do we need to shift times/ping people directly to encourage more people to join the meetings?
  • ACTION: Joel will start email thread about new time possibility and other options

Pending Items

PENDING ITEM: BugReport Page

  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will contact locale(s), including PT-BR
  • Joel contacted PT-BR, had short email convo with their team - they are looking into it
  • ACTION: Joel will ping again in 1 month if he hasn't heard back from the locale(s) & see if other locales need to be contacted. Main priority though is PT-BR as they are likely to be the next BSA

PENDING ITEM: NEEDINFO Stagnant Bugs

  • [DONE] ACTION: 2 weeks from now Joel will provide a staff update; 4 weeks from now, will close the bugs as invalid
  • Already closed most as invalid
  • Couple of people asked "Why did you close my bug?" --> Joel referred them to the previous comment "We're going to close your bug..." :-)
  • About 1/4 of bug reports are being reopened
  • Joel: some people said that they did not know about NEEDINFO because the bugs did not appear in "My bugs"
  • Joel: it should show all bugs reported by the user
  • Petr: No need to show fixed bugs in "My bugs"
  • Joel: There is a need to show fixed bugs for e.g. verification

UNCONFIRMED, NEW, ASSIGNED, REOPENED

  • We'll mark this as DONE, but it'll still be an ongoing task for Joel (et al..)

PENDING ITEM: What to do with FDO bugs filed against Extensions, Templates

  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will talk to Bjoern about this problem
  • Ongoing issue
  • Joel hasn't seen many bug reports against extensions, so we can deal with these bugs as one-offs for the time being
  • Punt (FWIW currently only 70 open issues in fdo)
  • ACTION: Joel will continue to monitor the situation

PENDING ITEM: QA Website

  • ACTION: Joren will create OSX-specific pages
  • ACTION: Joel will create Linux-specific pages
  • No progress yet -- Joel will poke Joren and try to get both of them to work on their Items

PENDING ITEM: Tollef and Bugzilla TODOs and planning

  • ACTION: Get Tollef to activate voting on FDO (merged item)
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail (merged item)
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to clarify 'version' label in Bugzilla (merged item)
  • ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
  • ACTION: Joel will email Tollef (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
  • ACTION: Continue discussion (long-term) of move to Locally-hosted Bugzilla

[Note: the following discussion took place at the end of the meeting]

  • Joel: As we move forward, we're demanding more and more of our bugtracker. We've started the dicussion with Tollef, but perhaps we need to dedicate more resources on the project
  • We should think about ways to move forward (Give people more administrator powers, ask for some funding from TDF for it, or ??)
  • What do we need to do next to start transition to new infrastructure?
  • Joel: We should continue to document reasons why we need/would benefit from our own bugtracker

PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page

  • ACTION: Joel will update the whiteboard/keywords page
  • Joel is still working on it

PENDING ITEM: Use an online collaborative editor for minutes so that they can be viewed as the call progresses

  • [DONE] ACTION: Robinson + Jonathan Aqualina will get install instructions for Etherpad to Floeff so that it can then be installed
    • July 10 - Instructions sent to Floeff; test server installed (and now available here)
  • Robinson: Floeff has now changed the TDF-hosted Etherpad over into production use
  • Joel: Thanks to Robinson, Jonathan, and Floeff for making this happen :-)

PENDING ITEM: What to do with releases after EOL

  • ACTION: Joel will create new version in FDO "inherited from OOo" for bugs that predate our fork
  • Joel: The intention would be to indicate which bugs predate the LibreOffice fork
  • Bjoern: Want to make sure that we accurately present how many bugs we inherited from OOo.
  • Bjoern: Might need some time to build and stabilize
  • Florian R.: Really like that idea. Sidenote: Versions are not really ordered...
  • Joel: So if the versions aren't ordered, then a new "Inherited from OOo" version will be at the bottom of the list (and not in chronological order)
  • ACTION: Joel will inform ESC during their next call

PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories

  • ACTION: Bjoern/Robinson will investigate the possibility of being able to update the bibisect repository via git

PENDING ITEM: Clarify Bibisect + Version #

  • ACTION: Joel will add a note to the Ideas wiki page that our goal is to eventually have everyone use the bibisect repository
  • ACTION: Joel will work with Terrence Enger to clean/update this page
  • Joel: Hasn't updated the wiki yet

PENDING ITEM: Bug Triage Contest

  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will add Ken to the list of people joining the contest
  • Joel: Contest is done
  • Thanks to everyone for participating!
  • Looks like we have some more people participating in bug triage after the end of the contest.

PENDING ITEM: Collapse versions on BSA 6 months after last release

  • [DONE] ACTION: Robinson will add this to the ReleasePlan page
    • July 1 - Robinson updated the ReleasePlan page (and sub-pages)
    • July 10 - Robinson updated BSA code to display message + links to "Update LibreOffice" wiki page when EOL/unsupported version is selected
  • Robinson: Implemented on the BSA
  • Joel: No complaints :-)
  • Joel: He's starting to do the same thing on Bugzilla; all the way through 3.4, going to work on 3.5 today
  • Joel: 3.6 has reached EOL, so we'll collapse that in +6 months
  • [Side discussion about moving 3.6 MABs to 4.0; just started on the mailing list; let's discuss it there]

PENDING ITEM: UX-Advice should be lowercase ("ux-advice")

  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will update the text in FDO
    • July 1 - Joel has updated the text
  • [DONE] ACTION: Robinson will update the BSA and the wiki
    • July 1 - Robinson updated the wiki pages
  • Updated everywhere
  • No complaints -- seems to be working properly

New Action Items

All items proposed between meetings go here

NEW ITEM: Title (Author's Name)

New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)

NEW ITEM: Feedback pages (Robinson)

  • There was a flurry of activity, but the conversation has gone mostly quiet
  • ACTION: Robinson will go ahead with the Feedback page idea (and ping Rob)
  • We'll base it on Astron's mockup
  • Rob had some suggestions (including incorporating something into the BSA code directly?), Robinson will ping him

Announcements

  • ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next meeting will take place... August 09th (Friday) at 13:00 UTC, unless otherwise noted on the QA/Mailing List.
  • Joel: There was a typo for some locales and Heading Styles have become Title Styles so users using these styles in those locales will experience some problems -- just to let people know.
    • Should be fixed in 4.1.1 -- Fix committed

End

  • Meeting adjourned at: 14:19

Topics

(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)

Example Topic