QA/Meetings/2013/June 28

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2013
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2013-06-28 13:00 UTC
G+ Hangout [ This Meeting]
Chair Joel Madero
Secretary Robinson Tryon
Started 13:07
Adjourned 13:53
Participants Robinson, Joel, Ken, Florian R.
Talkyoo Room Number 537138


Agenda + Minutes


Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.


  • Meeting started at: 13:07
  • Participants: Robinson, Joel, Ken, Florian R.


  • Petr is on vacation

Opening Discussion

Pending Items

PENDING ITEM: BugReport Page

  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will move the BugReport page
  • Joel has moved it
  • Joel asks: Why are so many of the languages untranslated?
  • Many of the translations are out of date. French is up to date, but others probably need help.
  • ACTION: Joel will contact locale(s), including PT-BR


  • ACTION: 2 weeks from now Joel will provide a staff update; 4 weeks from now, will close the bugs as invalid
  • Joel says: Closing today (as INVALID), stats: 75% still in NEEDINFO, 8% CONFIRMED (NEW), 13% RESOLVED, 4% UNCONFIRMED -- all rounded
  • Joel will start the next set soon

PENDING ITEM: Get French BSA Operational

  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will email Rob for an update
    • June 16 - Email update from Rob "Florian and I where able to fix the problems with the mailing in the BSA. So the French BSA can be tested now..."
  • Fully operational now
  • Sophie and JB-Faure taking lead on FR documentation now

PENDING ITEM: What to do with FDO bugs filed against Extensions, Templates

  • ACTION: Joel will talk to Bjoern about this problem
  • Still no word
  • If no word in a month, will tag as NEEDADVICE so that the devs will take a look at it


  • ACTION: Joren will create macOS-specific pages
  • ACTION: Joel will create Linux-specific pages
  • OS-specific pages not yet done, but we can make at least the front and bio pages live

PENDING ITEM: Should we activate voting on FDO?

  • ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates
  • [DONE] ACTION: Bjoern will try to ping Tollef in the next week or so, after Hackfest is over
  • Bjoern has contacted Tollef
  • Bjoern asked how difficult (how much of a cost/time) for us to have our own Bugzilla

PENDING ITEM: Add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail

  • ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates
  • ACTION: Joel will email Tollef
  • MERGE with previous Tollef ITEM

PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page

  • ACTION: Joel will update the whiteboard/keywords page
  • Still working on it

PENDING ITEM: Use an online collaborative editor for minutes so that they can be viewed as the call progresses

  • ACTION: Robinson + Jonathan Aqualina will get install instructions for Etherpad to Floeff so that it can then be installed
  • No updates

PENDING ITEM: What to do with releases after EOL

  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will bring up this topic to the ESC
  • [DONE] ACTION: Robinson will remove a lot of versions from the BSA (for EOL'd versions, collapse to just major versions (X.x)
    • June 16 - Robinson's patched merged-in and BSA updated.
    • Next step: Work with Joel to see we can remove all non-release version #'s corresponding to EOL'd builds (e.g. 3.5 now, and 3.6. in August)
  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will hide one release in FDO today
    • If it's really simple to do, then Joel will consider doing this in parallel, otherwise we will work on FDO after the BSA

NOTES: very simple - can still search for bugs but cannot change version to the version that is hidden nor report bugs against version. Tested with 3.3.0.Beta2 (right now this is hidden on FDO)

  • ESC told Joel: Go for it
  • Collapsed 3.3 and 3.4 to single versions in BSA
  • De-listed all alpha/beta/RC's for released versions
  • Joel is testing "hiding" some of the old versions in FDO directly; nobody has complained yet :-)
  • ACTION: Joel will create new version in FDO "inherited from OOo" for bugs that predate our fork
  • We'll continue conversation in email

PENDING ITEM: Locally-hosted Bugzilla

  • ACTION: Robinson - Keep this on our agenda so we keep track of things
  • No updates

PENDING ITEM: Clarify 'version' in Bugzilla

  • ACTION: Keep track of where Tollef is with this enhancement
  • ACTION: Keep the idea of a Version/Repro Table on our radar until the Version label is changed or we have another solution.
  • Waiting on Tollef

PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories

  • ACTION: Bjoern/Robinson will investigate the possibility of being able to update the bibisect repository via git
  • No update

PENDING ITEM: Clarify Bibisect + Version #

  • ACTION: Joel will add a note to the Ideas wiki page that our goal is to eventually have everyone use the bibisect repository
  • ACTION: Joel will work with Terrence Enger to clean/update this page
  • Joel will try to do it in the next 2 weeks (and check w/Terrence)

PENDING ITEM: Bug Triage Contest

  • ACTION: Joel will add Ken to the list of people joining the contest
  • It's been successful
  • Joel has been trying to figure out how to count who's in the lead (he might need to go count by hand)
  • Developers have been helping us out with some tricky bugs (including ones that have needed input from OASIS, etc..)
  • Weekly Bug Summary:
    • Florian R. - Want to do comparison [http]
  • Also: Help Promote Florian's Link

New Action Items

All items proposed between meetings go here

NEW ITEM: Collapse versions on BSA 6 months after last release (Robinson, Joel)

  • We've been streamlining the versions listed in the BSA and would like to come up with some basic guidelines
  • 6 months after shipping the last version of a Release, we'd like to collapse the versions down to 'X.x all versions'.
  • This gives users plenty of time to transition to a modern, supported version of LibreOffice
  • Some corporate users/distros continue to use EOL versions for quite some time, but for end-users we think it's best to have a short list of versions
  • The short list will more clearly designate which versions are no longer supported by us

We could list this date on the ReleasePlan page:

basic dates for the initial and bugfix releases
release freeze publishing
... ...
End of Life August 15, 2013
Single version on BSA January 15, 2013
  • Joel - We should go ahead and add this to the wiki
  • ACTION: Robinson will add this to the ReleasePlan page

New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)

NEW ITEM: UX-Advice should be lowercase ("ux-advice") (Florian R.)

  • Florian R. - Because the "ux-advice" component is for internal use only, it should be in lowercase.
  • ACTION: Joel will update the text in FDO
  • ACTION: Robinson will update the BSA and the wiki
    • NOTE: Hopefully we can change case with a simple page-move on the wiki (and don't have to do a 2-step move or etc..)


  • ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next meeting will take place... July 26th (Friday) at 13:00 UTC, unless otherwise noted on the QA/Mailing List.
  • Joel notes that he and Florian R. will be unavailable for the next meeting
  • Robinson - Perhaps a break would be good for everyone :-)
  • We're planning to skip the next scheduled meeting (July 12) and meet again on July 26.


  • Meeting adjourned at: 13:53


(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)

Example Topic