QA/Meetings/2014/December 03

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2014
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2014-12-03 18:30 UTC
Chair Robinson Tryon
IRC Channel #libreoffice-qa connect via webchat

Prep

Agenda + Minutes

Minutes:

Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.

Before we Start

A few minutes before we officially start, we'll try to have a few people in the IRC channel:

Start

IRC Minutes

We'll touch on a few metrics such as UNCONFIRMED bug count and regressions, and then we'll have each person in the meeting bring up whatever QA topics they'd like to address.

Some people like the current meeting time on Wednesdays, but if there's enough interest in change, we'll do it.

Stats:

  • Bugs to discuss

Pending topics:

  • State of multimedia in OS X
  • FOLLOW-UP: How are we doing with OS X people bibisecting preBibisect bugs? (count was 20 as of 2014-11-05)

New topics:

  • Beluga mentions issue of marking bugs RESOLVED WORKSFORME when they might get backported (e.g. tdf#74300).
    • Robinson: IDEA: Ideally the bug status would track what's happening in master/latest builds. If it's fixed there, then we resolve it
      • One could ask for a backport of a fix to an active release branch with a whiteboard tag: backportRequest:4.3
      • If a dev has a good reason not to backport, he should change that to backportDenied:4.3 (and leave a comment, natch)
      • Any 'backportRequest:X.x' tags that reference a release branch older than the current Still, we ignore.

18:41:17 <colonelqubit> #startmeeting
18:41:17 <IZBot> Meeting started Wed Dec 3 18:41:17 2014 UTC. The chair is colonelqubit. Plugin info at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:41:17 <IZBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.

       AGREED: All issues/bugs re: building LibreOffice and unit tests will be marked 'RESOLVED NOTOURBUG' and reporters will be pointed to the dev mailing list (colonelqubit, 19:01:52)
       ACTION: Robinson will make a note about that on the BugReport wiki page (colonelqubit, 19:02:08)
       ACTION: Robinson will draft some language about using the whiteboard to indicate if a bug is open on Fresh/Still branches (colonelqubit, 19:58:56)
       ACTION: Beluga will talk with Joel about updating the Bug Triage flowchart (re: severity/priority) (colonelqubit, 20:06:00)
       https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugHunting_Session_4.4.0_RC1 (colonelqubit, 20:08:39)


20:12:36 <colonelqubit> #endmeeting
IZBot: Meeting ended Wed Dec 3 20:12:36 2014 UTC. (note: URLs not final)
IZBot: Minutes: http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2014/libreoffice-qa.2014-12-03-18.41.html
IZBot: Minutes (text): http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2014/libreoffice-qa.2014-12-03-18.41.txt
IZBot: Log: http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2014/libreoffice-qa.2014-12-03-18.41.log.html