QA/Meetings/2015/October 21

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2015
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2015-10-21 18:00 UTC
Chair Robinson Tryon
IRC Channel #libreoffice-qa connect via webchat

Prep

Agenda + Minutes

Minutes:

Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.

Before we Start

A few minutes before we officially start, we'll try to have a few people in the IRC channel:

Start

IRC Minutes

We'll touch on a few metrics such as UNCONFIRMED bug count and regressions, and then we'll have each person in the meeting bring up whatever QA topics they'd like to address.

Some people like the current meeting time on Wednesdays, but if there's enough interest in change, we'll do it.

Stats

(we'll just discuss stats in the meeting)

Bugs/Topics to discuss

Pending topics:

  • State of multimedia in OS X All The Computers
    • Specifically: Have we finished image testing yet?
      • Oct 07 (Robinson) -> Yes, image testing is finally done! (See completed ACTION item below)
      • Still need more info re: Windows testing (SVG, ODG, PDF)
  • ACTION Items:
    • ACTION: File an enhancement request for a script that normalizes and diffs two user profiles (mjayfrancis)
    • ACTION: Design better plan for recruiting and retaining volunteers for QA Team (Robinson)
    • ACTION: Make a simple page of things new QA should be aware of (jphilipz)


COMPLETED ACTION ITEMS

  • [DONE] ACTION: steve-_- will work on finishing the baseline image media support tests for OSX
    • Oct 07 - (Robinson) - Final tests for OS X performed; Windows test results partially-clarified; all test results aggregated on Summary page.
  • [DONE] ACTION: Formulate patch proposal to put 'needsPrioritizing', 'needsRegressionTesting', etc.. tags into Whiteboard (Robinson)
    • Oct 14 - Robinson - Create patch
    • Oct 16 - Robinson - Improve patch and test; does this strategy help us to encourage good habits when triaging bugs?
    • Determine full list of tags
  • [DONE] ACTION: Review MABs, wiki pages and other resources dependent on them, and determine workload to switch over to using Priority:highest (Robinson or Other)
    • Oct 7 - (Robinson) - Reviewed (mab4.3, mab4.4, mab5.0) and verified that all listed bugs were highest-Priority (and vice-versa). We can now close these MAB tracker-bugs at our convenience.

New topics

(01:05:14 PM) colonelqubit: beluga_, tagezi, ahoneybun, steve-_-: okay, let's do this
(01:05:17 PM) colonelqubit: #startmeeting
(01:05:17 PM) IZBot: Meeting started Wed Oct 21 18:06:14 2015 UTC.  The chair is colonelqubit. Plugin info at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
...
(01:05:41 PM) colonelqubit: UNCONFIRMED bugs: 483
ACTION Items:
   Add bug to redmine for "remove unsupported und unbuildable OSes from os picker in bz" (Dennis)
   Chat about status of stats project and what's next on the todo list (tagezi, Liongold)
   Add redmine issue to (gently) replace Vote_for_Enhancement page on wiki with something more realistic (e.g. Launchpad's 'heat' metric) (beluga)
   Update tracking bug page to be more complete (beluga)
(02:20:17 PM) colonelqubit: It's been an hour, so let's wrap things up. We can talk more about the Wizard and other fun things next week.
(02:20:40 PM) colonelqubit: Remember: BugHunting Session on Oct 30, 31, and Nov 1st (that's a Friday, Sat, and Sunday)
(02:21:13 PM) colonelqubit: And please go poke at the Test VM and give me feedback on the auto-added whiteboard tags
(02:22:57 PM) colonelqubit: I'll email out about the alpha1 builds for LibreOffice 5.1 shortly. As expected, win64 was petulant and we had to poke it with a stick a few times.
(02:23:16 PM) colonelqubit: Thanks, everyone!
(02:23:24 PM) colonelqubit: #endmeeting
(02:23:29 PM) IZBot has changed the topic to: Welcome to LibreOffice QA! Get started with Bug Triage: http://ur1.ca/ijzpq User questions #libreoffice, development #libreoffice-dev
(02:23:29 PM) IZBot: Meeting ended Wed Oct 21 19:24:22 2015 UTC. (note: URLs not final)
(02:23:29 PM) IZBot: Minutes:        http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-10-21-18.06.html
(02:23:29 PM) IZBot: Minutes (text): http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-10-21-18.06.txt
(02:23:29 PM) IZBot: Log:            http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-10-21-18.06.log.html
(02:23:56 PM) ***colonelqubit high-fives izbot