QA/Meetings/2015/October 28

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2015
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2015-10-28 13:00 UTC
Chair Robinson Tryon
IRC Channel #libreoffice-qa connect via webchat

Prep

Agenda + Minutes

Minutes:

Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.

Before we Start

A few minutes before we officially start, we'll try to have a few people in the IRC channel:

Start

IRC Minutes

We'll touch on a few metrics such as UNCONFIRMED bug count and regressions, and then we'll have each person in the meeting bring up whatever QA topics they'd like to address.

Some people like the current meeting time on Wednesdays, but if there's enough interest in change, we'll do it.

Stats

(we'll just discuss stats in the meeting)

Completed ACTION Items

  • [DONE] ACTION: Add redmine issue to (gently) replace Vote_for_Enhancement page on wiki with something more realistic (e.g. Launchpad's 'heat' metric) (beluga)
    • Filed as redmine#1541
  • [DONE] ACTION: Update tracking bug page to be more complete (beluga)
    • Using RSS to query page
    • Question: Possible to include bug counts for each of the tracking bugs via the RSS feed?
  • [ABANDONED] ACTION: Chat about status of stats project and what's next on the todo list (tagezi, Liongold)
    • As there's ow a tender for the Dashboard, Liongold is abandoning this stats project

Pending ACTION Items (and topics)

Pending topics:

  • State of multimedia testing for Windows (Small follow-up required re: Windows testing (SVG, ODG, PDF))
  • ACTION Items:
    • ACTION: File an enhancement request for a script that normalizes and diffs two user profiles (mjayfrancis)
    • ACTION: Design better plan for recruiting and retaining volunteers for QA Team (Robinson)
    • ACTION: Make a simple page of things new QA should be aware of (jphilipz)
      • Has some stuff drafted in a Google doc.
    • ACTION: Add bug to redmine for "remove unsupported und unbuildable OSes from os picker in bz" (Dennis)


New Topics

(08:06:59 AM) colonelqubit: beluga_: does Oktoberfest count?
(08:07:07 AM) beluga_: it's a start
(08:07:30 AM) ***colonelqubit counts on his fingers... Oktoberfest, St. Patrick's Day, Bastille Day, ...
(08:08:28 AM) colonelqubit: okay, looks like it's time
(08:08:34 AM) colonelqubit: ...for the magic
(08:08:36 AM) colonelqubit: #startmeeting
(08:08:37 AM) IZBot: Meeting started Wed Oct 28 13:08:40 2015 UTC.  The chair is colonelqubit. Plugin info at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
(08:09:23 AM) colonelqubit: UNCONFIRMED is up to 517
(08:09:54 AM) colonelqubit: Perhaps we can take a bit off that number this weekend
(08:10:25 AM) sophi: colonelqubit: only if it concerns 5.1
(08:10:56 AM) colonelqubit: sophi: yep, yep -- I figure that we might be able to get some people to re-test with the alpha1
(08:10:57 AM) beluga_: otherwise it is not allowed
(08:11:02 AM) ***colonelqubit laughs


  New ACTION Items:
   - Follow-up re: LibreLadies, t-shirts, mailing list, and possible Grace Hopper Hackfest (bubli, colonelqubit)
   - Investigate/file bug re: Adding Open/Resolved/Total numbers to the Tracking Bugs wiki page (DennisRoczek)

(09:23:46 AM) colonelqubit: #endmeeting
(09:24:09 AM) ***colonelqubit crosses his fingers and waits for IZBot
(09:24:11 AM) IZBot has changed the topic to: Welcome to LibreOffice QA! Get started with Bug Triage: http://ur1.ca/ijzpq User questions #libreoffice,  development #libreoffice-dev
(09:24:11 AM) IZBot: Meeting ended Wed Oct 28 14:23:50 2015 UTC. (note: URLs not final)
(09:24:11 AM) IZBot: Minutes:        http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-10-28-13.08.html
(09:24:11 AM) IZBot: Minutes (text): http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-10-28-13.08.txt
(09:24:11 AM) IZBot: Log:            http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-10-28-13.08.log.html
(09:26:40 AM) bubli: Oh horror, I placed second behind colonelqubit in 'lines said' in the meeting I didn't really plan to be in in 1st place
(09:26:50 AM) colonelqubit: heh