Release Notes 4.0
LibreOffice 4.0 變更
This is an in-progress scratch-pad of notes to build release notes from as and when we release. Please do not list features that are to be shipped already in the 3.6 release! Please do not add wish-list features that you hope will be implemented, but only what actually is implemented already.
What does a good feature look like here:
- It has a description, and a way for a busy reviewer, to find and play with the feature. Target someone who is extremely busy, and knows little-to-nothing about the product. So if a user interface element is key to the feature, be very explicit about where it is, e. g. ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ paths to the elements you changed. Of course, you know your feature is important, and that everyone should care about the Extensible AutoShapes Properties dialog – but often the guys taking the screenshots and writing the notes do not.
- It credits the main authors who did the work – just add them in brackets after the feature, where possible.
- If the feature can be shown off with a sample / test file – particularly for new import-able features, it would be wonderful to have a link to/up-load of a test file that we can use to show that feature off to best effect. That really helps us to make good screenshots to show off the features, and allows reviewers to do their testing.
Thanks in advance for your help filling this out!
- 能夠在選取範圍內的文字附加評論。tdf#38244 (Miklos Vajna)
- Allow extra word boundary characters. This feature overrides long dash (—) and short dash (–) to be word boundary characters for the purposes of counting words, and allows the user to specify additional word boundary characters (at ▸ ▸ ▸ ). (Caolán McNamara)
- Import ink annotations from DOCX and RTF documents (available when using Word on a Tablet PC). (Eilidh McAdam)
- Import / export support for native RTF math expressions. (Miklos Vajna)
- Allow different header and footer on the first page without using a separate page style. For more details, see this blog entry. (Miklos Vajna)
- RTF filter now imports old Drawing Objects syntax (tdf#42407). See this blog entry for details and screenshots. (Miklos Vajna)
- Various DOCX improvements: import of floating tables, OLE objects inside rectangles, margins of inline images using the WordProcessing markup. (Miklos Vajna)
- Clicking fields selects them instead of placing the cursor before them. (Cédric Bosdonnat)
- New spreadsheet function XOR as defined in ODF OpenFormula. tdf#50882 (Winfried Donkers)
- Improved performance of ODS document import. (Daniel Bankston)
- New configuration option to toggle handling of empty strings when used in arithmetic expression. tdf#44720 (Kohei Yoshida)
- Save settings of Text Import Dialog for Text to Columns and Paste Unformatted Text from Clipboard (in addition to Text File Import). tdf#47674 (Laurent Balland-Poirier)
- Export color scales and data bars to XLSX (also supports Excel 2010+ extensions for databars). (Markus Mohrhard)
- Increased size limit on (uncompressed) ODF documents from 2Gb to 4Gb. (Michael Meeks)
- Support "type-ahead" search in the autofilter popup. It is now possible to search for specific entry via key input. (Kohei Yoshida)
- The state of the sidebar pane in Impress is now remembered. (Rob Snelders)
- Added External Edit menu function for bitmaps. (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- Much accelerated multimedia previews, and previews of embedded video on Linux. (Michael Meeks):
- Added External Edit menu function for bitmaps. (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- Improve quality of page previews in Draw/Impress with supersampling. (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- On all non-Windows platforms a new mork driver implementation is used to access Thunderbird address book. This means that Debian/Ubuntu users can finally integrate LO with their Thunderbird address book. (Debian/Ubuntu distros are not shipping a Mozilla-based mork driver, therefore their native Base package can not access the address book.) This also fixes some really old bugs for different distros. (David Ostrovsky)
- For more information please see:
- In Forms, AutoFilter does not anymore treat values as patterns. As a consequence, an AutoFilter on "A*" will not anymore match any value starting with an A, but only the exact value "A*". tdf#48807 (Lionel Elie Mamane)
- protocol support for easy access to document stored on Content Management Systems like Alfresco, Nuxeo, SharePoint... (Cédric Bosdonnat)
- Integration of session installer to add missing parts of LibreOffice on the fly (Bjoern Michaelsen)
Options / General
- Java and advanced options now combined in ▸ ▸ ▸ . For choosing experimental features and enabling macro-recording.
- Dropped support for legacy binary StarOffice files: 1.0 -> 5.0. NB. this retains old StarOffice XML file formats .sxw, .sxi etc.
- Import filter for Microsoft Publisher publications. More details in this blog.
- Improved ODF compatibility in various points. (Michael Stahl)
- New Widget layout technique for dialog windows introduced, and converted various dialogs; see WidgetLayout. (Caolán McNamara, Gokul)
- (It would be nice to have a short and easily understandable explication of the advantages of the Widget layout for the developers, and of possible advantages for the users.)
- Added dialog for Smooth image filter, where it is possible to select the radius (strength) of smoothing/blurring. (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- Added to Calc. (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- Combine Popup menu option from Writer and from Draw and Impress to . (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- It is possible now to select and copy text from message boxes. tdf#46193 (Tamas Zolnai)
- The "Apply Style" combo box in the toolbar now features previews of the styles to choose. (Jan Holesovsky)
- Unity integration (Antonio Fernandez, Bjoern Michaelsen, Alberto Ruiz, Ryan Lortie, Ted Gould)
- idxexample.odt localizable via PO files ( ▸ ▸ ). (Istvan Turi)
- agenda/fax/letter/report templates localizable via PO files ( ▸ ). (Istvan Turi)
- Added locale files for ebo_CG and tyx_CG. (Jeremy Brown)
- Autocorrection improvements for pt-BR. (Olivier Hallot)
- Improved ODS load times (see this blog entry for details). (Daniel Bankston)
- Improved XLSX load time (see this blog entry for details). (Daniel Bankston)
- Significantly improved the performance of saving a new entry to a large autocorrect replacement table (tdf#49350). (Tomaž Vajngerl)
- Significant load and save time improvements for slides / drawings with large numbers of shapes (Michael Meeks)
- Improved RTF file load times (tdf#44736). (Miklós Vajna)
- Many modules ported to gbuild. (Peter Foley, Matúš Kukan, Caolán McNamara, David Ostrovsky, David Tardon, Norbert Thiebaud and others)
- https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/ used for code review and easy patch submission -- more than 500 patches reviewed and merged with it already (David Ostrovsky, Norbert Thiebaud, Robert Einsle, Bjoern Michaelsen and many more)
ssh logerrit gerrit query status:merged|grep change|wc -lfor number of merged patches
- translations module became a source-only module, l10n tools read translations directly from .po files. (Tamas Zolnai)
- tinderbox building bibisect repo
- Tinderbox integration (Norbert Thiebaud)
- initial bibisect proof-of-concept (Bjoern Michaelsen)
- Add GStreamer 1.0 support, and refactor existing gstreamer code. (Tim-Philipp Müller, Michael Meeks)