Frequently asked questions - Writer
How do I delete pages that seem empty?
Two cases may arise:
- one or several pages are present in the document but seem empty,
- the software "adds" empty pages when you select the print preview, when you print the document, or when you select the book mode.
Pages are present in the document
You have to remove the non printable characters that create this page:
- check the ▸ menu;
- remove the unnecessary characters.
Unwanted "added" pages
By default, the software is configured to correctly manage duplex printing : odd pages are always right pages. If you change the current numbering so that an odd page follows another odd page (for example page 1 followed by page 5), the software automatically adds an even empty page.
This option can be disabled:
- On the fly to print the current document using the print dialog:
- select the ▸ menu,
- select the LibreOffice Writer tab,
- on the Pages area, uncheck Print automatically inserted blank pages;
- Globally by changing the default option:
- select the ▸ menu;
- on the left side, select ▸ ;
- on the Other area, uncheck Print automatically inserted blank pages.