List of the weekly bug fixes can be found here: dead link
LibreOffice 3.3 Feature List
A somewhat more end-user-friendly version of this raw feature list can be found on the: libreoffice website
(virtually all languages)
Additional Locale Data
Arabic (Algeria) [ar-DZ], Bafia (Cameroon) [ksf-CM], Bushi (Mayotte)[buc-YT], Campidanese (Sardinia) [sro-IT], Gallurese (Sardinia)[sdn-IT], Gikuyu (Kenya) [ki-KE], Latgalian (Latvia) [ltg-LV],Logudorese (Sardinia) [src-IT], Maithili (India) [mai-IN], MalagasyPlateau (Madagascar) [plt-MG], Maore (Mayotte) [swb-YT], Papiamentu(Netherlands Antilles) [pap-AN], Rusyn (Slovakia) [rue-SK], Rusyn(Ukraine) [rue-UA], Sassarese (Sardinia)[sdc-IT], Sorbian, Tahitian(French Polynesia) [ty-PF], Upper Sorbian (Germany) [hsb-DE], Yoruba(Nigeria) [yo-NG]
Support for Kabyle
Catalan [ca], Croatian [hr] (+ spelling dictionary added), Danish [da](+ thesaurus added), Dutch [nl], Hungarian [hu], Italian [it], Kurdish[ku], Romanian [ro], Serbian [sr/sh], Slovenian [sl], Slovak [sk],Swedish [sv], Vietnamese [vi]
Updated AutoCorrection data
Afrikaans [af], Croatian [hr], English (South Africa) [en-ZA], French[fr], Portuguese (Brazil) [pt-BR], German [de], Hungarian [hu],Lithuanian [lt], Mongolian [mn], Polish [pl]
- Added the LibreColors to the palette.
- Quickstarter for unix builds
- Introducing Linux Libertine G and Linux Biolinum G fonts
- tdf#30472 implement import of alpha channel for RGBA .tiffs
- i#113141 show all appropiate formats by default on save as
- use radio buttons for mutually exclusive menu options
- Replace the "Help Support" menu item by the "License Information" one
- load and save documents in flat xml
- Help available on the wiki
- Option to enable saving of documents at all times. (See ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ .)
- Under Linux, Java Media Framework is no longer needed to play sounds and movies.
- tdf#30559: Added new tab page 'Compatibility' in the Options dialog.
- Better default key bindings.
- Let's use Ctrl+⇧ Shift+D to launch selection list in LibreOffice.
- Added new image file "+" used in the "insert new sheet" button. This image is not visible in read-only mode.
- Fix fake small caps resizing factor i#1526
- Dotted - dashed borders in Calc
- Added icons for toggling sheet grids in Calc.
- Better performance and interoperability on Excel doc import.
- Better performance on DBF import.
- Slightly better performance on ODS import.
- Possibility to use English formula names.
- Distributed alignment - allows one to specify 'distributed' horizontal alignment and 'justified' and 'distributed' vertical alignments within cells. This is useful especially for CJK locales.
- Support for 3 different formula syntaxes: Calc A1, Excel A1 and Excel R1C1.
- Configurable argument and array separators in formula expressions.
- External reference works within OFFSET function
- Hitting Tab ↹ during auto-complete commits current selection and moves to the next cell.
- Ctrl+Tab ↹ cycles through auto-complete selections.
- find and replace skips those cells that are filtered out (thus hidden)
- protecting sheet provides two additional sheet protection options, to optionally limit cursor placement in protected and unprotected areas
- copying a range highlights the range being copied. It also allows you to paste it by hitting ↵ Enter key. Hitting ESC removes the range highlight.
- Jumping to and from references in formula cells via ctrl+[ and ctrl+].
- Cell cursor stays at the original cell during range selection.
- Insert current date and time via Ctrl+; and ⇧ Shift+Ctrl+; respectively.
- AutoCorrections match case of the words that AutoCorrect replaces. i#2838
- turn off NumberRecognition in writer
- RTF export (GSoc)
- Dotted - dashed borders in Writer
- Port of Lotus Word Pro filter
- new dialog for Title Page
- Navigator allows to unfold one heading as usual in a tree view
- Ability to count the number of characters without spaces in the statistic of a selection or a whole document
- Cursor returns to its original position after a Search and Replace
- New icon in the status bar allowing to save the document by double clicking
- i#47893 ▸ resets applied character style
- Auto-hide empty paragraph after nested tables
- Added support of .doc form fields.
- PPTX chart import feature
- Dotted - dashed borders in Impress tables
- i#112421 make Presenter Screen default to the laptop, not projector
- Improve randomisation in 'dissolve' transition
- default to just printing the formula itself in math
- i#113400 Maths brackets misformed in presentation mode
- i#112597 add display properties to control shapes
- UNO APIs for size and moveProtect of notes
- via i#i80184: allow adding drawing documents to gallery via API
- PDF Import
- Presentation Minimizer
- Report Builder
- Solver for non-linear programming
- Wiki Publisher
- Presenter Console
- New Custom Properties Handling
- Embedding of Standard PDF Fonts
- New Narrow Font Family
- Increased Document Protection in Writer and Calc
- Automatic Decimals Digits for "General" format in Calc
- 1 Million Rows in a Spreadsheet
- New Options for CSV (Comma Separated Value) Import in Calc
- Improved Slide Layout Handling in Impress
- Manual Setting for Primary Key Support for Databases
- Support of Read-Only Database Registrations
- New Math Command 'nospace'
- Additional Locale Data
Usability and Interface
- Common Search Toolbar
- New Easier to Use Print Interface
- More Options for Changing Case
- Redesign of Thesaurus
- Resetting Text to the Default Language in Writer
- Text Rendering of Form Controls in Writer
- Changed Defaults for Charts
- Colored Sheet Tabs in Calc
- Adapt to Marked Selection for Filter Area in Calc
- Sort Dialog for DataPilot in Calc
- Display Custom Names for DataPilot Fields, Items and Totals in Calc
Developer Features and Extensibility
- Grid Control Enhancements
- New MetaData Node for Database
- Extending Database Drivers Using Extensions