|Meeting of the QA Team|
|Date and Time (UTC)||2013-05-31 13:00 UTC|
|G+ Hangout||Next Meeting|
|Participants||Robinson, Joel, Petr, Joren, Thomas, Florian R., SteveBell, Bjoern, Mas|
- 1 Prep
- 2 Agenda + Minutes
- 2.1 Start
- 2.2 Opening Discussion
- 2.3 Pending Items
- 2.3.1 PENDING ITEM: Proposals regarding our workflow
- 2.3.2 PENDING ITEM: NEEDINFO Stagnant Bugs
- 2.3.3 PENDING ITEM: Get French BSA Operational
- 2.3.4 PENDING ITEM: What to do with FDO bugs filed against Extensions, Templates
- 2.3.5 PENDING ITEM: QA Website
- 2.3.6 PENDING ITEM: Should we activate voting on FDO?
- 2.3.7 PENDING ITEM: Add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail
- 2.3.8 PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page
- 2.3.9 PENDING ITEM: Use an online collaborative editor for minutes so that they can be viewed as the call progresses
- 2.3.10 PENDING ITEM: What to do with releases after EOL
- 2.3.11 PENDING ITEM: Locally-hosted Bugzilla
- 2.3.12 PENDING ITEM: Regressions within a release
- 2.3.13 PENDING ITEM: Clarify 'version' in Bugzilla
- 2.3.14 PENDING ITEM: IRC IZBot
- 2.3.15 PENDING ITEM: Google+ Events for meetings
- 2.3.16 PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories
- 2.3.17 PENDING ITEM: HardHacks and Storing encrypted documents in plaintext
- 2.4 New Action Items
- 2.5 New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)
- 2.6 Announcements
- 2.7 End
- 3 Topics
Agenda + Minutes
PENDING ITEM: Proposals regarding our workflow
PUNTED: Until next meeting (May 31) (ran out of time).
- [ACCEPTED] PROPOSAL: Joel: Don't create proposal and AGREE to it on the same day. Instead we should discuss, add a PROPOSAL (keyword in bold), and allow those who do not attend call to reply via email. If no negative feedback by next call, we can mark as AGREED and remove the Item from our PENDING ITEMS list.
- [ACCEPTED] PROPOSAL: Joel: Slow down on some of our proposals/work. E.g. on the creation of the qa.libreoffice.org
- [ACCEPTED] PROPOSAL: Joel: If we make a decision that takes a lot of time for other people, wait a long time; 3+ weeks to hold on for people
- [ACCEPTED] PROPOSAL: Joel: Don't make a rule about how to triage things; Just lead by example
PENDING ITEM: NEEDINFO Stagnant Bugs
- [DONE] ACTION: Joel will do a test run today, then will email QA List (and core people) and ask for feedback.
- If all is good, Joel will try to ramp up to 50+ a day
PENDING ITEM: Get French BSA Operational
- [DONE] ACTION: Joel will continue to shepherd the project; Will coordinate with Rob
- [DONE] ACTION: Joel will (try to) contact the maintainer of the LO Extension Site again
PENDING ITEM: QA Website
- ACTION: Joren will create macOS-specific pages
- ACTION: Joel will create Linux-specific pages
- [DONE] ACTION: For everyone - if you want a pic and/or bio on the site, please send that info to Florian R.
- [DONE] ACTION: Florian R. will update Windows-specific pages
PENDING ITEM: Should we activate voting on FDO?
- [DONE] ACTION: Bjoern will keep shepherding the implementation of this feature
- [DONE] ACTION: Bjoern will keep working on this feature
PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page
- ACTION: Joel will update the whiteboard/keywords page
PENDING ITEM: Use an online collaborative editor for minutes so that they can be viewed as the call progresses
- [DONE] ACTION: Robinson will ask Floeff to install Etherpad on a TDF server somewhere.
PENDING ITEM: What to do with releases after EOL
PUNTED: kicking the can down the road (possibly on May 31)
- [DONE] ACTION: Robinson will ping the QA list and specifically ask if Petr or Rainer have comments.
- Here's what we roughly agreed to at the meeting:
- AGREED: For users inquiring about tech support after the EOL date of a release, we politely indicate that the release is EOL and ask them to upgrade to a new version (or go talk to their vendor/distro/paid tech support)
- AGREED: We de-list versions in Bugzilla 6 months after the release has been EOLed.
- April 19 - Robinson emailed QA list soliciting feedback.
- Some resistance to de-listing old versions (per request from anonymous devs)
- Less controversial: de-list EOL builds from the BSA, and de-list alpha/beta builds from FDO once a release has shipped
- Here's what we roughly agreed to at the meeting:
PENDING ITEM: Locally-hosted Bugzilla
- ACTION: Robinson - Keep this on our agenda so we keep track of things
PENDING ITEM: Regressions within a release
- [DONE] ACTION: Joel will email a spreadsheet to Michael/Bjoern so they can take a look at the results from our testing.
PENDING ITEM: Clarify 'version' in Bugzilla
- ACTION: Keep track of where Tollef is with this enhancement
- ACTION: Keep the idea of a Version/Repro Table on our radar until the Version label is changed or we have another solution.
PENDING ITEM: IRC IZBot
- ACTION: Joel will investigate why our IRC bot isn't linking to FDO properly anymore
PENDING ITEM: Google+ Events for meetings
- [DONE] ACTION: Florian R. will do this --> Google+ Event: May 31st QA Meeting
PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories
- ACTION: Bjoern/Robinson will investigate the possibility of being able to update the bibisect repository via git
PENDING ITEM: HardHacks and Storing encrypted documents in plaintext
- [DONE] ACTION: If there's something actionable we need to discuss re: Hard Hacks or this bug, please bring it up on the QA/Mailing List or put it on the Agenda for QA/Meetings/2013/May 31.
New Action Items
All items proposed between meetings go here
NEW ITEM: Clarify Bibisect + Version # (Joel)
PUNTED: (again) As Joel isn't here Currently there are different ways in which we are using bibisct - some are using it and changing version # if the bug exists in 3.6alpha (earliest bibisect), others are using it only sporadically when a bug says regression but not updating version.
- We should get on the same page, if a bug exists in earliest bibisect... do we update version? If so to what?
- If we are going to, should every bug essentially be triaged with bibisect if possible?
- What happens if a bug was around in earliest version but then fixed at some point and then rebroken?
NEW_ITEM: Test New Python Wizards
- We've been asked to extensively test the wizards (file -> wizard) because Java has been purged in place of python - need to make sure these are spot on before release
New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next meeting will take place... QA/Meetings/2013/June 14th (Friday) at 13:00 UTC, unless otherwise noted on the QA/Mailing List.
(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)