QA/Meetings/2013/November 04

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2013
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2013-11-04 19:30 UTC
G+ Hangout [ This Meeting]
Chair Robinson Tryon
Secretary Robinson Tryon
Started 19:41
Adjourned 20:53
Participants Joel, Florian R., Robinson, Tommy, Thomas, Rob, Stuart, Joren
Pad http://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/qa
Talkyoo Room Number 537138


Prep

  • Date of meeting may change based on Joel's doodle asking QA members about meeting times...

Agenda + Minutes

Minutes:

Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.


Start

  • Meeting started at: 19:41
  • Participants: Joel, Florian R., Robinson, Tommy, Thomas, Rob, Stuart, Joren

Notes:

  • Joren joined us mid-way through the call
  • Bjoern is out sick
  • Starting a little late as we work out some technical difficulties

Opening Discussion

  • New meeting time! Is it working well for everyone?
  • Looks like most people can make this time

Pending Items

PENDING ITEM: BugReport Page

  • ACTION: Connect with local team leaders (monthly meeting?) and work to interact with those teams in a different way (Robinson)
  • Robinson - Had some good conversation on marketing call about similar items
  • Joel - If you're on a localization team, talk with Robinson
    • People:
      • Florian R. -> Germany/Austria

PENDING ITEM: What to do with FDO bugs filed against Extensions, Templates

  • ACTION: Joel will continue to monitor the situation
  • Joel: Should we lump all of these long-term items together at the end of the agenda?
    • Florian R.: Yes

PENDING ITEM: QA Website

  • [DONE] ACTION: Florian/Joel please give us an update by next time

Page is: http://qa.libreoffice.org/

Older:

  • [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Joel will create Linux-specific pages
  • [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Joel will proof the OSX page
  • [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Florian R. will ping Joel and start to work on the pending Action items.
  • Joel - No update
  • Florian R. - If you'd like to help, you'll need to get credentials from Cloph
  • ACTION: Florian R. will set up QA Website work as a QA EasyHack

PENDING ITEM: Tollef and Bugzilla TODOs and planning

  • ACTION: 1st draft of proposal -> send to QA List (Robinson)

Older:

  • ACTION: Get Tollef to activate voting on FDO (merged item)
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail (merged item)
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to clarify 'version' label in Bugzilla (merged item)
  • ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
  • ACTION: Continue discussion (long-term) of move to Locally-hosted Bugzilla
  • Robinson - ESC looking for a plan from us

PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page

  • [DONE] ACTION: Ask QA list what we want to do with whiteboard/keywords (Joel)

Older:

  • ACTION: Joel will update the whiteboard/keywords page
  • Joel - Now has a better idea of what is expected. Basic page + Advanced page
    • Always happy to get help updating the wiki!

PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories

  • ACTION: Combine existing bibisect repos into one (starting pre-fork) (Robinson)
  • Punt

PENDING ITEM: GUI for Bibisect

  • ACTION: Punt on implementation until after we have bibisect repos up and running (All)
  • ACTION: Joel will talk to Cor about (possibly working on) the bibisect GUI
    • Perhaps Cor can start before we're done with getting the repos up and running

PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages

  • ACTION: Robinson will go ahead with the Feedback page idea (and ping Rob)
  • Punt

PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List

  • [DONE] ACTION: Set up a single MAB list (Joel)
  • Joel - We have (set up) a single MAB list
    • As of 4.2, we'll close all of the individual MAB lists
    • Tommy is helping on this project
  • Tommy - My plan is to have 2 different lists, one for Stable releases and one for MAB on the master branch
    • Some MABs are only present on the master branch
    • Joel - So the idea is to keep the master branch separate so that devs can see how many are open just on master...
  • Joel - If we have 2 lists, I'd suggest 1 for stable releases and 1 for master and pre-releases
    • Rob - Agree
    • Robinson - But pre-releases are on a side-branch (a release branch)
      • Rob - So just pre-releases up until the 1st stable release on a release branch
  • Joel - It's too confusing what goes on MAB
    • ACTION: Joel will propose stricter guidelines for what qualifies as a MAB
  • Rob - Another item to add: As QA we should regularly test the bugs in MAB to make sure that they're still a problem
    • Joel - Every bug on the MAB should be tested at least every minor release
  • Joel - Maybe have a new Whiteboard status 'ProposedMAB' --> we'd need to have one person nominate a bug, and at least one other to confirm before it ends up on the MAB list
    • Rob/Robinson - Sounds good

PENDING ITEM: Keeping track of bug statistics

  • [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Ask Joel to document the bug statistics work that he has done
  • [DONE] ACTION: Figure out who (1 person or a group) can help us to keep track of these statistics
  • Joel - What plan? :-) Is anyone interested in helping out with how we process our bug statistics?
    • Currently very time-consuming
  • Robinson - Could we script something up?
    • Rob - Yes, we can!
  • ACTION: Joel will come up with what statistics we want to track (just a couple for starters) and send to Rob
    • Robinson - here's an easy one: Unconfirmed bug count, tracked daily
  • ACTION: Rob will script up a first draft of stats report based on what Joel sends him

PENDING ITEM: QA Meeting Time

  • [DONE] ACTION: Let's set up a doodle and see what response we get (Joel)
    • Oct 18: Doodle is here: http://doodle.com/z5xic72ng9q3hz8v
    • Oct 27: Great response -- have times listed for 9 people (Joel, Joren, Florian, Robinson, Rob, Thomas, Bjoern, Tommy, Sophie)
      • Best times so far: 1:30PM EST Mon (4 strong yes, 3 yes), 2:30PM EST Fri (5 strong yes, 1 yes)
    • Oct 31: Changing time to Monday at 19:30 UTC (we'll test the new time out and see how well it works...).
  • Robinson - The time looks to be great for lots of people!

PENDING ITEM: Updates to the BSA

  • ACTION: Remove EOL versions from the BSA and implement 'please update' message (Rob)
  • Rob - Will people with an EOL version file bugs (incorrectly) against a newer version?
    • Robinson - We think that's unlikely
  • Joel - My biggest fear is that everyone updates to 4.1 and then updates the version field on their existing bug reports (contrary to how we actually use Bugzilla's version field)
  • Joel - What if we simplified to "Did this ever work?" -> and use that to mark as PossibleRegression
  • Robinson - What's the goal of our BSA? That should drive what versions we offer in the BSA, etc..
  • Rob - We should support our stable versions plus any RC that has not been superseeded (So RC1 is superseeded by RC2....superseeded by the stable release)
  • Joel - Still likes the idea of having a line for EOL releases that are still in major use
    • Rob - Need to keep an eye on what the developers are willing to support (For EOL releases, the devs say to go to an outside contractor)
    • Joel - I just don't want users to get discouraged about reporting bugs
  • Rob - We can get the user's OS from the BSA, and use that to give a custom message
    • Something like "The LibreOffice version you're using has reached its End of Life and is no longer supported by the LibreOffice project, but may still be supported by Ubuntu/Canonical. Please file a bug in Launchpad."
  • Robinson - There's a bigger discussion about where bugs should be reported (to distro, to LibreOffice, or?)
    • Rob - We should move that discussion to the mailing list
      • (Robinson - I'll bring the topic up)

At this point in the call, Florian had to leave...

Florian R. left
Hey Joren and I got cut off over on the Goolge Hangout...  (I think this was Rob)
-- Robinson is investigating
-- (guess it died when Florian left)
-- yes we've tried the #537138 room number but are unable to get back into the Talkyoo stream...

PENDING ITEM: Tag Repro Needs in Whiteboard

  • ACTION: Implement webpage displaying lists of NeedsXYZ bugs (Robinson)
  • Robinson - First draft done -- I'll mention it again next time

PENDING ITEM: Talk to CS Department/others at University

  • ACTION: Put up a message on the message board at his University and see who is interested (Joel)
  • Punt

PENDING ITEM: QA Contest T-shirts

  • ACTION: Pick a printer and get the shirts printed (Robinson)
  • Robinson - Will check-in with printer today

PENDING ITEM: Hackfests

  • ACTION: USA involvement in hackfests -- (Keep on the agenda, discuss on QA list) (All)

New Action Items

All items proposed between meetings go here

NEW ITEM: Title (Author)

New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)

NEW ITEM: Title (Author)

Announcements

End

  • Meeting adjourned at: 20:53

Topics

(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)

Example Topic