|Meeting of the QA Team|
|Date and Time (UTC)||2013-10-18 13:00 UTC|
|G+ Hangout||[ This Meeting]|
|Participants||Robinson, Bjoern, Joel|
|Talkyoo Room Number||537138|
- 1 Prep
- 2 Agenda + Minutes
- 2.1 Start
- 2.2 Opening Discussion
- 2.3 Pending Items
- 2.3.1 PENDING ITEM: BugReport Page
- 2.3.2 PENDING ITEM: What to do with FDO bugs filed against Extensions, Templates
- 2.3.3 PENDING ITEM: QA Website
- 2.3.4 PENDING ITEM: Tollef and Bugzilla TODOs and planning
- 2.3.5 PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page
- 2.3.6 PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories
- 2.3.7 PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages
- 2.3.8 PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List
- 2.3.9 PENDING ITEM: Keeping track of bug statistics
- 2.4 New Action Items
- 2.5 New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)
- 2.6 Announcements
- 2.7 End
- 3 Topics
- What prep?
Agenda + Minutes
PENDING ITEM: BugReport Page
- [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Joel will ping them (PT-BR) today
- [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Joel will look into additional languages on the wiki (do we have active wiki translators for each listed language?)
- ACTION: Joel will continue to monitor the situation
PENDING ITEM: QA Website
- ACTION: Joel will create Linux-specific pages
- ACTION: Joel will proof the macOS page
- ACTION: Florian R. will ping Joel and start to work on the pending Action items.
PENDING ITEM: Tollef and Bugzilla TODOs and planning
- ACTION: Get Tollef to activate voting on FDO (merged item)
- ACTION: Get Tollef to add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail (merged item)
- ACTION: Get Tollef to clarify 'version' label in Bugzilla (merged item)
- ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
- ACTION: Continue discussion (long-term) of move to Locally-hosted Bugzilla
UPDATE: ESC has tasked me with coming up with a migration proposal for the Board (Robinson)
- Would like help w/proposal
- Need complete list of Bugzilla-dependent services
PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page
- ACTION: Joel will update the whiteboard/keywords page
PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories
- [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Bjoern/Robinson will investigate the possibility of being able to update the bibisect repository via git
- [ABANDONED] ACTION: Florian R. will discuss with Bjoern the compression used for the daily builds [If possible "Save only". Fears a big redownload -> Untested...]
- [ABANDONED] (tentative) Robinson will investigate creating a Windows bibisect repository based on winPenPack builds
- [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Bjoern: reping jibel about stalled Ubuntu builder (for bibisect daily repo)
UPDATE: Proposals by ESC for official Linux and Windows bibisect repositories!
- Repositories in git on TDF hardware
- Timeline? Check w/Bjoern
PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages
- ACTION: Robinson will go ahead with the Feedback page idea (and ping Rob)
PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List
- [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Florian R. will email out to the QA list and shepherd our trial of this process
- [DONE] ACTION: Robinson will check-in with Florian re: our trial; also 3.6 MAB.
PENDING ITEM: Keeping track of bug statistics
- ACTION: Ask Joel to document the bug statistics work that he has done
- ACTION: Figure out who (1 person or a group) can help us to keep track of these statistics
New Action Items
All items proposed between meetings go here
NEW ITEM: Updates to the BSA (Rob/Robinson)
- If Rob is in attendance, I'll let him talk here :-)
- Proposal: Remove EOL versions from the BSA
- Direct users of EOL versions to update and re-test before submitting a bug
- Improvement: Tweak BSA code to include application information when triggering the BSA from within Libreoffice
- When we get this working, push this as the best method of bug reporting!
NEW ITEM: Tag Repro Needs in Whiteboard (Robinson)
- Proposal: Tag special requirements for bug repro in the whiteboard as "NeedsXYZ"
- e.g. NeedsAdobeAcrobat, NeedsmacOS, NeedsNetwareOpenEnterpriseServer, NeedsChinese, NeedsWindows7
- Multiple tags okay
- Stupidly simple - No list of approved tags to remember (easily learning curve for new triagers)
We'll create a webpage where we list all of the bugs organized by Repro needs. This will allow triagers with unique tools or language skills to tackle the harder-to-triage bugs first.
NEW ITEM: GUI for Bibisect (Joel)
- Proposal: Joel thinks that we should create something for the Linux bibisect
- Perhaps in python?
- We can reuse the Windows GUI with the Windows Bibisect (once it's up and running)
New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next meeting will take place...
November 1st (Friday) at 13:00 UTC, unless otherwise noted on the QA/Mailing List.
(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)