QA/Meetings/2013/September 06

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2013
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2013-09-06 13:00 UTC
G+ Hangout [ This Meeting]
Chair Robinson Tryon
Secretary Robinson Tryon
Started 13:15
Adjourned 13:51
Participants Bjoern, Robinson, Joren
Pad http://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/qa
Talkyoo Room Number 537138


Prep

  • This might be our last meeting before the Milan Conference (depending on whether we want to have a call on the 20th...

Agenda + Minutes

Minutes:

Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.


Start

  • Meeting started at: 13:15
  • Participants: Bjoern, Robinson, Joren

Notes:

  • Smartboyhw tried to join, but phone reception was bad

Opening Discussion

Topics:

  • Milan Conference
  • Recruitment/efficient QA work
  • Quick update about Triage Contest T-Shirts
    • Still waiting for the vendor
  • QA Meeting on Sept. 20th?
    • Yes, we'll have a short meeting (to give us time to prep for the conference).

Pending Items

PENDING ITEM: BugReport Page

  • ACTION: Joel will ping them (PT-BR) today
  • ACTION: Joel will look into additional languages on the wiki (do we have active wiki translators for each listed language?)

PENDING ITEM: What to do with FDO bugs filed against Extensions, Templates

  • ACTION: Joel will continue to monitor the situation

PENDING ITEM: QA Website

  • ACTION: Joel will create Linux-specific pages
  • ACTION: Joel will proof the OSX page
  • ACTION: Florian R. will ping Joel and start to work on the pending Action items.

PENDING ITEM: Tollef and Bugzilla TODOs and planning

  • ACTION: Get Tollef to activate voting on FDO (merged item)
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail (merged item)
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to clarify 'version' label in Bugzilla (merged item)
  • ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
  • ACTION: Continue discussion (long-term) of move to Locally-hosted Bugzilla
  • Tollef is supportive of migration to our own Bugzilla instance; schedule is later this year

PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page

  • ACTION: Joel will update the whiteboard/keywords page

PENDING ITEM: What to do with releases after EOL

  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will create new version in FDO "inherited from OOo" for bugs that predate our fork
    • Aug 23 - Joel added the version to FDO.

All done

PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories

  • ACTION: Bjoern/Robinson will investigate the possibility of being able to update the bibisect repository via git
  • ACTION: Florian R. will discuss with Bjoern the compression used for the daily builds [If possible "Save only". Fears a big redownload -> Untested...]
  • Continue to work on this one
  • Milan Conference: Have a discussion about how bibisect repositories can best work for us
  • tb3 tinderbox is moving, so a bit of delay
  • Ubuntu builder stalled
  • ACTION: Bjoern: reping jibel about it

PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages

  • ACTION: Robinson will go ahead with the Feedback page idea (and ping Rob)
  • Not done yet

PENDING ITEM: QA Meeting Times

  • [DONE] ACTION: Robinson will ping the QA mailing list that we'll revisit the QA Meeting time in about a month
    • Aug 23 - QA list pinged.

PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List

  • ACTION: Florian R. will email out to the QA list and shepherd our trial of this process
  • Robinson - Will talk to Florian R. about our plans

PENDING ITEM: Known Limitations Warning

  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will add an enhancement request about adding a Known Limitation pop-up/warning tool

New Action Items

All items proposed between meetings go here

NEW ITEM: Title (Author's Name)

New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)

NEW ITEM: Keeping track of bug statistics (Bjoern)

  • Who can keep track of bug statistics?
    • Joel did this work previously, but he is busier now
    • We should talk to Joel about this work, and ask him to document what work he did.
    • Might be able to find people on Users list to help keep track of bugs in 1 submodule (Base, Calc, etc..), or regressions
    • ACTION: Ask Joel to document the bug statistics work that he has done
    • ACTION: Figure out who (1 person or a group) can help us to keep track of these statistics

Announcements

End

  • Meeting adjourned at: 13:51

Topics

(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)

Example Topic