QA/Meetings/2013/August 23

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2013
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2013-08-23 13:00 UTC
G+ Hangout [ This Meeting]
Chair Robinson Tryon
Secretary Robinson Tryon
Started 13:10
Adjourned 14:06
Participants Robinson, Florian R., Bjoern
Pad http://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/qa
Talkyoo Room Number 537138


Prep

  • Joel might not be able to make this meeting...

Agenda + Minutes

Minutes:

Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.


Start

  • Meeting started at: 13:10
  • Participants: Robinson, Florian R., Bjoern

Notes:

  • Sadly, no Joel..

Opening Discussion

  • The Milan Conference is coming up - we should make some plans about QA there
  • We've got a couple of QA Team members heading back to school. We're happy for them, but it's important for us to think about keeping the QA Team active.

Pending Items

PENDING ITEM: BugReport Page

  • ACTION: Joel will ping them (PT-BR) today
  • ACTION: Joel will look into additional languages on the wiki (do we have active wiki translators for each listed language?)
  • No Joel - Punt

PENDING ITEM: What to do with FDO bugs filed against Extensions, Templates

  • ACTION: Joel will continue to monitor the situation

PENDING ITEM: QA Website

  • ACTION: Joel will create Linux-specific pages
  • ACTION: Joel will proof the OSX page
  • Florian R. - The website is running quite well, but waiting to hear back from Cloph re: stats
  • ACTION: Florian R. will ping Joel and start to work on the pending Action items.

PENDING ITEM: Tollef and Bugzilla TODOs and planning

  • ACTION: Get Tollef to activate voting on FDO (merged item)
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail (merged item)
  • ACTION: Get Tollef to clarify 'version' label in Bugzilla (merged item)
  • ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
  • ACTION: Continue discussion (long-term) of move to Locally-hosted Bugzilla
  • Still in holding pattern here.

PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page

  • ACTION: Joel will update the whiteboard/keywords page
  • Punt

PENDING ITEM: What to do with releases after EOL

  • ACTION: Joel will create new version in FDO "inherited from OOo" for bugs that predate our fork
  • Punt -- wait to hear from Joel

PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories

  • ACTION: Bjoern/Robinson will investigate the possibility of being able to update the bibisect repository via git
  • ACTION: Florian R. will discuss with Bjoern the compression used for the daily builds [If possible "Save only". Fears a big redownload -> Untested...]
  • Florian R. - Script and notes about bibisecting here: http://flosmind.wordpress.com/libreoffice-bisecting/
  • Bjoern - We should discuss this in more depth at the conference
  • Florian R. - If new repo --> Include older versions!!
    • Bjoern - Including older versions would expand the repository and make the initial download size much larger (might be scary for first-time QA members?)
  • Bjoern - Will present more info about tinderboxes/ubuntu at the conference

PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages

  • ACTION: Robinson will go ahead with the Feedback page idea (and ping Rob)
  • Robinson - Still in process

PENDING ITEM: QA Meeting Times

  • [DONE] ACTION: Joel will start email thread about new time possibility and other options
  • Bjoern - Current time works for me
  • Florian R. - It depends upon class schedule
  • Let's revisit this topic in a month (after the conference)
  • ACTION: Robinson will ping the QA mailing list that we'll revisit the QA Meeting time in about a month

PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List

  • [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Joel and others will work on moving MAB to a single list
  • Bjoern - Joel's proposal was to use prioritization (as it's quite good these days) and move away from our MAB lists
  • Bjoern - Users may be abusing the severity (setting more to 'blocker'), but not abusing the priority as much
    • Easiest: Re-index all of our bugs to turn MAB -> Highest priority, and bump the current set of 'Highest' bugs down to 'High'
  • ACTION: Florian R. will email out to the QA list and shepherd our trial of this process

PENDING ITEM: Bug Lists

  • This is done

PENDING ITEM: Known Limitations Warning

  • ACTION: Joel will add an enhancement request about adding a Known Limitation pop-up/warning tool
  • Robinson - I'll follow-up with Joel to make sure this is done

New Action Items

All items proposed between meetings go here

NEW ITEM: Title (Author's Name)

New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)

NEW ITEM: Title (Author's Name)

Announcements

SI-GUI

  • Florian R. - Having problems with the SI-GUI tdf#68317
  • Lightning talks - Florian can probably present at the conference.
  • Has some good stats from the SI-GUI; 50-100 testers in a month

End

  • Meeting adjourned at: 14:06

Topics

(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)

Example Topic