TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
|Meeting of the QA Team|
|Date and Time (UTC)||2013-08-23 13:00 UTC|
|G+ Hangout||[ This Meeting]|
|Participants||Robinson, Florian R., Bjoern|
|Talkyoo Room Number||537138|
- Joel might not be able to make this meeting...
Agenda + Minutes
Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.
- Meeting started at: 13:10
- Participants: Robinson, Florian R., Bjoern
- Sadly, no Joel..
- The Milan Conference is coming up - we should make some plans about QA there
- We've got a couple of QA Team members heading back to school. We're happy for them, but it's important for us to think about keeping the QA Team active.
PENDING ITEM: BugReport Page
- ACTION: Joel will ping them (PT-BR) today
- ACTION: Joel will look into additional languages on the wiki (do we have active wiki translators for each listed language?)
- No Joel - Punt
PENDING ITEM: What to do with FDO bugs filed against Extensions, Templates
- ACTION: Joel will continue to monitor the situation
PENDING ITEM: QA Website
- ACTION: Joel will create Linux-specific pages
- ACTION: Joel will proof the macOS page
- Florian R. - The website is running quite well, but waiting to hear back from Cloph re: stats
- ACTION: Florian R. will ping Joel and start to work on the pending Action items.
PENDING ITEM: Tollef and Bugzilla TODOs and planning
- ACTION: Get Tollef to activate voting on FDO (merged item)
- ACTION: Get Tollef to add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail (merged item)
- ACTION: Get Tollef to clarify 'version' label in Bugzilla (merged item)
- ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
- ACTION: Continue discussion (long-term) of move to Locally-hosted Bugzilla
- Still in holding pattern here.
PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page
- ACTION: Joel will update the whiteboard/keywords page
PENDING ITEM: What to do with releases after EOL
- ACTION: Joel will create new version in FDO "inherited from OOo" for bugs that predate our fork
- Punt -- wait to hear from Joel
PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories
- ACTION: Bjoern/Robinson will investigate the possibility of being able to update the bibisect repository via git
- ACTION: Florian R. will discuss with Bjoern the compression used for the daily builds [If possible "Save only". Fears a big redownload -> Untested...]
- Florian R. - Script and notes about bibisecting here: http://flosmind.wordpress.com/libreoffice-bisecting/
- Bjoern - We should discuss this in more depth at the conference
- Florian R. - If new repo --> Include older versions!!
- Bjoern - Including older versions would expand the repository and make the initial download size much larger (might be scary for first-time QA members?)
- Bjoern - Will present more info about tinderboxes/ubuntu at the conference
PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages
- ACTION: Robinson will go ahead with the Feedback page idea (and ping Rob)
- Robinson - Still in process
PENDING ITEM: QA Meeting Times
- [DONE] ACTION: Joel will start email thread about new time possibility and other options
- Bjoern - Current time works for me
- Florian R. - It depends upon class schedule
- Let's revisit this topic in a month (after the conference)
- ACTION: Robinson will ping the QA mailing list that we'll revisit the QA Meeting time in about a month
PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List
- [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Joel and others will work on moving MAB to a single list
- Bjoern - Joel's proposal was to use prioritization (as it's quite good these days) and move away from our MAB lists
- Bjoern - Users may be abusing the severity (setting more to 'blocker'), but not abusing the priority as much
- Easiest: Re-index all of our bugs to turn MAB -> Highest priority, and bump the current set of 'Highest' bugs down to 'High'
- ACTION: Florian R. will email out to the QA list and shepherd our trial of this process
PENDING ITEM: Bug Lists
- [DONE] ACTION: Robinson will stub-in one or more wiki pages for this purpose (probably under QA/Bugzilla somewhere)
- August 09 - Robinson created QA/Bugzilla/Useful Queries
- This is done
PENDING ITEM: Known Limitations Warning
- ACTION: Joel will add an enhancement request about adding a Known Limitation pop-up/warning tool
- Robinson - I'll follow-up with Joel to make sure this is done
New Action Items
All items proposed between meetings go here
NEW ITEM: Title (Author's Name)
New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)
NEW ITEM: Title (Author's Name)
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next meeting will take place... September 6th (Friday) at 13:00 UTC, unless otherwise noted on the QA/Mailing List.
- Florian R. - Having problems with the SI-GUI tdf#68317
- Lightning talks - Florian can probably present at the conference.
- Has some good stats from the SI-GUI; 50-100 testers in a month
- Meeting adjourned at: 14:06
(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)