|Meeting of the QA Team|
|Date and Time (UTC)||2013-11-18 19:30 UTC|
|G+ Hangout||[ This Meeting]|
|Participants||Robinson, Joel, Florian R., Sophie, Tommy, Thomas, Joren, Stuart|
|Talkyoo Room Number||537138|
- Joel suggested we do prep with call members ahead of time so that they know how to
- Connect (via Hangouts or Talkyoo)
- Mute and/or Find a quiet room
Agenda + Minutes
The State of QA
Including any Opening Discussion
- November 4th: 1189
- Today (18th): 1144
- Difference: -45
Topics for ESC?
Does anyone have any topics/concerns that I should bring to the Engineering Steering Committee (ESC)? (Robinson)
I'm going to bring up the following bugs:
- tdf#43692 - FORMATTING text:use-soft-page-breaks not honoured - Waiting for Miklos (or someone else)
- tdf#45644 - Inconsistent behavior of table.Borderline in Writer and Calc
tdf#47474 - missing "ParentWindow" property on XUIElementFactory::createUIElement API - UNO/API ask Michael Stahl or S Bergmann- Got update from Michael Stahl on this one.
"Ask, Bugzilla and Planet TDF's twitter accounts"
(see Zeki's email for details)
- Is anyone in QA interested in taking the reins of the Bugzilla twitter account?
User perception of QA and Bugzilla
- Example from this week: Tanstaafl's email - "The 'new' website is...difficult to navigate...My simple goal was to log into the Bug system, check 'My Bugs' and see [stuff]....What if I don't want to report a bug, but only want to search for bugs?...How do I just log into the bug reporting system and search it? Anyone?"
- Charles is leading the website redesign in Marketing.
- What input would QA like to have in this process?
PENDING ITEM: BugReport Page
- [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Connect with local team leaders (monthly meeting?) and work to interact with those teams in a different way (Robinson)
PENDING ITEM: QA Website
- [DONE] ACTION: Florian R. will set up QA Website work as a QA EasyHack
PENDING ITEM: Tollef and Bugzilla TODOs and planning
- [DONE] ACTION: 1st draft of proposal -> send to QA List (Robinson)
- Nov 9th - Created proposal and sent to QA list (Robinson)
- Topics to discuss:
- Outstanding work:
- Dennis Roczek volunteering to help automate changes on the wiki.
- Identify all remaining tools/websites/etc.. dependent on Bugzilla
- Outstanding work:
- ACTION: Get Tollef to activate voting on FDO (merged item)
- ACTION: Get Tollef to add BOLD statement to each FDO mail sent out to not reply via mail (merged item)
- ACTION: Get Tollef to clarify 'version' label in Bugzilla (merged item)
- ACTION: Will track the filed bug and wait to hear updates (re: Bold statement on FDO mail)
- ACTION: Continue discussion (long-term) of move to Locally-hosted Bugzilla
PENDING ITEM: Update the whiteboard/keywords page
- [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Joel will update the whiteboard/keywords page
PENDING ITEM: Bibisect Repositories
- ACTION: Combine existing bibisect repos into one (starting pre-fork) (Robinson)
PENDING ITEM: GUI for Bibisect
- [DONE] ACTION: Joel will talk to Cor about (possibly working on) the bibisect GUI
- ACTION: Punt on implementation until after we have bibisect repos up and running (All)
PENDING ITEM: Feedback pages
- [DONE] ACTION: Robinson will go ahead with the Feedback page idea (and ping Rob)
PENDING ITEM: Most Annoying Bug List
- ACTION: Joel will propose stricter guidelines for what qualifies as a MAB
- Nov 5 - Here's a mockup of a new visualization toy we can use to keep track of MABs, in particular which versions have had testing (Robinson)
PENDING ITEM: Keeping track of bug statistics
- [DONE] ACTION: Joel will come up with what statistics we want to track (just a couple for starters) and send to Rob
- [DONE] ACTION: Rob will script up a first draft of stats report based on what Joel sends him
PENDING ITEM: Updates to the BSA
- ACTION: Remove EOL versions from the BSA and implement 'please update' message (Rob)
PENDING ITEM: Tag Repro Needs in Whiteboard
- [DONE] ACTION: Implement webpage displaying lists of NeedsXYZ bugs (Robinson)
[Punting to Nov 18 because we didn't have many people on the call at this point on Nov 4th]
PENDING ITEM: QA Contest T-shirts
- [DONE] ACTION: Pick a printer and get the shirts printed (Robinson)
- November 4 - Quote received from printer; printing now underway (Robinson)
Long-term/Frozen Pending Items
These are long-term or frozen items (i.e. on ice until something else happens) that we don't want to forget about...
- ACTION: Joel will continue to monitor the situation
PENDING ITEM: Talk to CS Department/others at University
- ACTION: Put up a message on the message board at his University and see who is interested (Joel)
PENDING ITEM: Hackfests
- ACTION: USA involvement in hackfests -- (Keep on the agenda, discuss on QA list) (All)
New Action Items
All items proposed between meetings go here
NEW ITEM: Title (Author)
New Items (Proposed/Discussed at the Meeting)
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Our next meeting will take place... December 2nd (Friday) at 19:30 UTC, unless otherwise noted on the QA/Mailing List.
(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)