QA/Meetings/2015/September 09

From The Document Foundation Wiki
< QA‎ | Meetings‎ | 2015
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting of the QA Team

previous - next

Date and Time (UTC) 2015-09-09 13:00 UTC
Chair Robinson Tryon
IRC Channel #libreoffice-qa connect via webchat

Prep

Agenda + Minutes

Minutes:

Content from the meeting itself ("the minutes") will be displayed in blue boxes like this.

Before we Start

A few minutes before we officially start, we'll try to have a few people in the IRC channel:

Start

IRC Minutes

We'll touch on a few metrics such as UNCONFIRMED bug count and regressions, and then we'll have each person in the meeting bring up whatever QA topics they'd like to address.

Some people like the current meeting time on Wednesdays, but if there's enough interest in change, we'll do it.

Stats

(we'll just discuss stats in the meeting)

Bugs/Topics to discuss

Pending topics:

  • State of multimedia in OS X All The Computers
    • Specifically: Have we finished image testing yet?
  • ACTION Items:
    • ACTION: steve-_- will work on finishing the baseline image media support tests for OSX
      • ACTION: Robinson/Joel will document on the wiki how all this priority/severity/contributor group stuff is supposed to work
        • Sept 07 - Testing updated patch that's less intrusive (Robinson)
      • [DONE] ACTION: Investigate what we can do to track down and fix UserProfile issues (ALL)

        • Had a great discussion during the meeting.
  • STILL MONITORING: tdf#87373 - Kerning broken in 4.4b2 (OS X only)
    • Sep 09 - Any update here? We'll remove @ next meeting if we're making no headway (Robinson)


COMPLETED ACTION ITEMS

New topics

  • Bugzilla: Feedback from testing
  • UNCONFIRMED Bug: from molehill to mountain
  • Finding appropriate bugs for community events (QA)
    • Something during LibO Conf in Aarhus?
  • Creating more in-depth Bugzilla docs
13:21:19 <colonelqubit> #startmeeting
13:21:19 <IZBot> Meeting started Wed Sep  9 13:21:19 2015 UTC.  The chair is colonelqubit. Plugin info at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:21:37 <colonelqubit> UNCONFIRMED count is at 538 (yikes!)

 
Pending Topics
       ACTION: Summarize UserProfile study and send to QA list (sophie)
       ACTION: File an enhancement request for a script that normalizes and diffs two user profiles (mjayfrancis)

New Topics
       ACTION: Check with hackfest organizers about small group working on QA stuff (Robinson)
       ACTION: Write up ideas for automated messages for Bugzilla --> for discussion @ Aarhus (Beluga)
       ACTION: Make proposal for a small (SMALL!) patch to point people on Bugzilla to #libreoffice-qa IRC channel (Beluga)

14:56:12 <colonelqubit> thanks all!
14:56:15 <colonelqubit> #endmeeting

IZBot/MeetBot had some technical issues, so I had to re-create these URLs for ya:

IZBot: Meeting ended Wed Jun 17 20:36:41 2015 UTC. (note: URLs not final)
IZBot: Minutes:        http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-09-09-13.21.html
IZBot: Minutes (text): http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-09-09-13.21.txt
IZBot: Log:            http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-qa/2015/libreoffice-qa.2015-09-09-13.21.log.html