|Meeting of the QA Team|
|Date and Time (UTC)||2015-09-30 13:00 UTC|
|IRC Channel||connect via webchat|
Agenda + Minutes
Before we Start
A few minutes before we officially start, we'll try to have a few people in the IRC channel:
We'll touch on a few metrics such as UNCONFIRMED bug count and regressions, and then we'll have each person in the meeting bring up whatever QA topics they'd like to address.
Some people like the current meeting time on Wednesdays, but if there's enough interest in change, we'll do it.
(we'll just discuss stats in the meeting)
Bugs/Topics to discuss
- State of multimedia in
macOSAll The Computers
- Specifically: Have we finished image testing yet?
- ACTION Items:
- ACTION: steve-_- will work on finishing the baseline image media support tests for macOS
- ACTION: File an enhancement request for a script that normalizes and diffs two user profiles (mjayfrancis)
- ACTION: Track down Armin's SVG patch and get some stats re: how much faster SVG was in old versions (dave_largo)
- ACTION: Review MABs, wiki pages and other resources dependent on them, and determine workload to switch over to using Priority:highest (Robinson or Other)
- Conference: Recap
- How did it go?
- Conference: Bug categories & particular issues to tackle @ Hackfest: On what did we focus?
- (also see Beluga's BZ improvement ideas)
- QA: Notes for next conference?
COMPLETED ACTION ITEMS
- UNCONFIRMED Bugs: from molehill to mountain
Had low turnout for meeting time (unsurprising, post-conference). Some good conversation, but regularity beneficial.
I'll (Robinson) check in with individuals on IRC this week. Starting next week we'll aim for consistent weekly time this month to see if that helps to remind people to join.
Bugzilla Automated Messages
Some ideas from Beluga re: recruiting from within the bugtracker.
Thank you for your report! We are always looking for volunteers to analyze reports and to make it easier for developers to fix bugs. The work ranges from simple bug confirmation to deep investigation.
Personal mentors are available to you and they are listed on our team page (see the Mentor column).
Mentors are happy to answer any questions via email or on IRC.
When asking questions on IRC, please make sure to remain on the channel for a period of time to be noticed and 'ping' mentors by mentioning their nickname.