- 1 About this page
- 2 Writer
- 3 Calc
- 4 Impress & Draw
- 5 Base
- 6 Chart
- 7 Math
- 8 BASIC
- 9 Core / General
- 10 LibreOffice Help
- 11 Filters
- 12 GUI
- 13 Online
- 14 Localization
- 15 Feature removal / deprecation
- 16 Platform Compatibility
- 17 API changes
- 18 Testing pictures for translation
About this page
This is an in-progress scratch-pad of notes to build release notes from as and when we release. Please do not list features that are to be shipped already in the 6.1 release! Please do not add wish-list features that you hope will be implemented, but only what actually is implemented already.
What does a good feature look like here:
- It has a description, and a way for a busy reviewer, to find and play with the feature. Target someone who is extremely busy, and knows little-to-nothing about the product. So if a user interface element is key to the feature, be very explicit about where it is, e. g. ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ paths to the elements you changed. Of course, you know your feature is important, and that everyone should care about the Extensible AutoShapes Properties dialog – but often the guys taking the screenshots and writing the notes do not.
- It credits the main authors who did the work – just add them in brackets after the feature, where possible.
- If the feature can be shown off with a sample / test file – particularly for new import-able features, it would be wonderful to have a link to/up-load of a test file that we can use to show that feature off to best effect. That really helps us to make good screenshots to show off the features, and allows reviewers to do their testing.
Thanks in advance for your help filling this out!
- Remove CopyGraphic tdf#105262 (Xisco Faulí)
- Previous table-size actions were distribute column/row size equally and optimize (which acted like minimize), so a true minimize action was added and optimize was changed. Optimize row now acts similar to distribute where each row is given the same height based on the tallest row. Optimize, however, is based on the minimum height of the row with the most content. In addition, optimize ensures that the table size will not shrink (but it will grow if necessary). Optimize column now acts like minimize except that the width of the table will not change. Any leftover space is distributed proportionately, with thin columns growing slightly, and wide columns growing much wider. tdf#64242 (Justin Luth, SIL)
- Advanced menus to add/modify header/footer menus can be disabled now at tdf#118621 (Heiko Tietze) ▸ ▸ (enabled by default)
- Signature Lines are now available in Calc too (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB) tdf#117903
- Header/Footer are disabled now for page settings by default (Heiko Tietze) tdf#99296
Impress & Draw
Related to Animation Editing:
- Fix named object display of the animation entry. tdf#90243 (Mark Hung)
- Update display of the animation entry when object renames. tdf#45178 (Mark Hung)
- Display actual paragraph grouping level in Text Animation tab. tdf#47995 (Mark Hung)
- Prevent animation removed when setting as "As One Object" tdf#67611 (Mark Hung)
- Dispose old motion path so that new path works when changing the motion path type. tdf#33022 (Mark Hung)
- Allow changing the motion path by dragging its control points. tdf#53993 (Mark Hung)
- "Next" is disabled on the presenter console when the last slide is reached (arrow right goes ahead to the "end of presentation" slide) (Heiko Tietze) tdf#118443
- Couple of text-related drawing styles were added (Heiko Tietze) tdf#94369
- Table-size actions for Minimize and Optimize were added and Distribute Rows changed to set equal row height based on the tallest row, similar to Writer. tdf#117721 (Justin Luth, SIL)
Core / General
- Addition of Source Serif Pro (Heiko Tietze) tdf#79022
Improvements of PPTX import/export filter:
- Related to Animation PPTX Export:
- Fix put on the brake animation. tdf#118768 (Mark Hung)
- Fix motion path offsetting to upperleft corner. tdf#118806 (Mark Hung)
- Fix Grow-shrink animation. tdf#118836 (Mark Hung)
- Rotation animation no longer corrupt pptx file. tdf#118783 (Mark Hung)
- Color transform no longer corrupt pptx file. tdf#118835 (Mark Hung)
- Fix animation motion path. tdf#118825 (Mark Hung)
- Related to Animation PPTX Import:
Improvements of PPT import/export filter:
- PPT import of swivel animation. tdf#118080 (Mark Hung)
Improvements of animation rendering:
- Fix text disappearing of "Put on the brakes." animation. tdf#108435 (Mark Hung)
- Fix RTL text positions of animation. tdf#55361 (Mark Hung)
- Standard toolbar presents now the enhanced widget for special characters by default (Rizal Muttaqin, Heiko Tietze) tdf#118539,tdf#118993
Incorporation of other languages
Feature removal / deprecation
The KDE4 VCL backend is deprecated and will be removed in the next version.
The GTK+2 VCL backend is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.
Linux x86 (32-bit) releases are deprecated. Starting with a future version (to be announced), there will be no Linux x86 builds produced by TDF. This does not mean that Linux x86 compatibility will be removed.
- Add basic accessibility support (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB)
UNO API changes
SAL_FINAL(which had only been intended for internal use anyway) has been removed from
- New UNO command
UseHeaderFooterMenuintroduced to disable the advanced menu in Writer tdf#118621 (see also section #Writer)
- The no-longer used property
/org.openoffice.Office.Common/Help/StartCenter/StartCenterHideExternalLinkshas been removed. commit
Testing pictures for translation
- Stuff from 6.1. Delete after translation testings work.
- This is a picture test: