|Meeting of the US Community|
|Date and Time Poll||(n/a)
(Click the 'English' button in the lower-right)
|Date and Time||2014-08-11 20:30 EST/EDT (click for your time zone)|
|IRC (Freenode)||connect via webchat|
|Video Chat (WebRTC)
Meeting Postponed to Next Month due to people being busy
- 1 Prep
- 2 Topics
- Meetings are usually videochat using WebRTC (video optional)
- We fallback to IRC, if WebRTC is giving us problems
- Remember: Use Chromium for WebRTC (Firefox doesn't support those functions yet)
- We'll also try to find a permanent time so we don't need to have a poll each month
- Remember to ping Joel/Charlie/Marketing list after we get definite date and time set
Put start time and attendees list in the table
- Possible use of Moodle
- Contest to get LibreOffice modules created?
- Collecting user stories about LibreOffice
- How is everyone?
- Immanuel wants to add to the agenda: 'Promotion to "local civic hacking groups" and "local Linux clubs" '
- Touched-on briefly at June 25 Meeting (Perhaps Immanuel can say more in next call)
Completed Action Items
Outstanding Action Items
- [SUPERSEDED] ACTION: Robinson will ask Design Team for help w/icons for TDF, LO, and DLP (including guidelines)
- Asked for help; only heard back from K-J
- July 16 - Figuring out stuff ourselves; Will try to recruit @Boston Hackfest
- ACTION: Algot/Robinson will refresh our existing designs and the DFD "open standards" leaflet in preparation for printing
- TODO: Check-in w/Algot (Inkscape/SVG troubles)
File:Lo-document-freedom.pdf draft remake of DocumentFreedomDay flier. Editable SVG (Inkscape)
- [DONE] ACTION: Check with local librarians abt. LO on computers (For all to do).
- April 18 - Checked w/a couple Librarians. They didn't even know about it -- gave them pamphlet and stickers. (Robinson)
- TODO: Move this ACTION item to a general methods of outreach list/wiki page.
- We have a state-by-state roster of our team members
- Please add your name/contact info so we can get in touch
- Having local contacts makes outreach possible
- ACTION: Robinson and Morgan will set up Facebook and
G+ accountsfor LibreOffice US Community
- June 25 - Touched-base w/Morgan. Will work more on Facebook in coming days
- ACTION: Morgan will take point on social media presence/alerts
- After setting-up, go to user list to build-up a presence
- What's new since last month?
- Still not up:
- Website: http://us.libreoffice.org
- Algot offered to help
- Update on website: Plan for content
- Website: http://us.libreoffice.org
- Current status
- ACTION: Immanuel/Robinson (w/help from Italo/Charles) will prepare basic talks (Slides, Talking points) and a couple of example videos
- These will be helpful for people doing outreach, giving short talks, etc.
- ACTION: Charlie will proof/review these talks/materials
- ACTION: Joel/Robinson will assemble the parts for v1.0 of the US Events Box
- Thanks to K-J we now have Improved pen designs, and we can order soon
- Pens are ORDERED
- DLP - Working on sticker design [Now ORDERED]
- LibreOffice - Need to resize sticker design [Now ORDERED]
- Will check out projectors @ Best Buy as an in-person test (Robinson)
- [Now ORDERED]
- ACTION: Round-up contact info from educators and get them in touch with Charlie (Robinson)
- ACTION: Joel will check w/Mmeeks re: tutorials and other pieces for introductory marketing/outreach
- Possible Hackfests
- Seattle, WA - After SeaGL in October 2014 (Some developer interest)
- Austin, TX - Possibly spring of 2015 (Interested sponsors and venue)
- Portland, OR - Sometime in 2015 (LinuxFund.org sponsoring CLS this year -- perhaps hackfest in 2015?)
- Event calendar for the US/Help with upcoming events:
- Fossetcon (Orlando, FL) - September 11-13 (Thu-Sat) - Could use a couple helpers!
- All Things Open http://www.allthingsopen.org/ Raleigh, NC - Oct 22 and 23
- SeaGL (Seattle, WA) - October 24-25 (Fri-Sat) -- Could use a couple helpers!
US Summer Hackfest
This will be our primary US event for the year...
- [DONE] ACTION: Set up 5 designated spaces at the hackfest for people who want to learn how to hack on LibreOffice (C++ and/or Python) (Robinson)
- [DONE] ACTION: Turn attendee list into a table w/name, t-shirt size, etc..
- July 16 - Page organized (Robinson)
- ACTION: Help immanuel apply for TDF membership at the hackfest (Joel, Robinson)
- [DONE] ACTION: Text immanuel when invite is done (Robinson)
- Recruitment and Growth: Buddy-system: Who are you going to bring to the meeting next time?
- Closing thoughts
- ANNOUNCEMENT: The page for our next meeting is Marketing/US/Meetings/2014/September -- see that page for date/time details.
Put meeting-adjourned time in the table
(Add topics below and reference them as #Example Topic in the Agenda/Minutes above)
(Done inline above)