Release Notes 3.6
LibreOffice 3.6 changes
This is an in-progress scratch-pad of notes to build release notes from as and when we release. Please do not list features that are to be shipped already in the 3.5 release! Please do not add wish-list features that you hope will be implemented, but only what actually is implemented already.
What does a good feature look like here:
- It has a description, and a way for a busy reviewer, to find and play with the feature. Target someone who is extremely busy, and knows little-to-nothing about the product. So if a user interface element is key to the feature, be very explicit about where it is, e. g. ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ paths to the elements you changed. Of course, you know your feature is important, and that everyone should care about the Extensible AutoShapes Properties dialog – but often the guys taking the screenshots and writing the notes do not.
- It credits the main authors who did the work – just add them in brackets after the feature, where possible.
- If the feature can be shown off with a sample / test file – particularly for new import-able features, it would be wonderful to have a link to/up-load of a test file that we can use to show that feature off to best effect. That really helps us to make good screenshots to show off the features, and allows reviewers to do their testing.
Thanks in advance for your help filling this out!
- Support for contextual spacing. (Miklos Vajna)
- Format paintbrush now differentiate character automatic formating attributes applied to paragraph from those applied to text portion inside the paragraph. These character automatic formating attributes are past to the entire paragraph by default; if Ctrl is hold while the format is past these attributes are applied to the selected text portion. (Maxime de Roucy)
- VML import (used inside older DOCX files) now handles lines, rotations and flips. (Miklos Vajna)
- DOCX import now handles GetExpression and SetExpression fields. (Miklos Vajna)
- RTF/DOCX import/export now handle the document zoom setting. (Miklos Vajna)
- Ctrl+[ and Ctrl+] will decrease and increase font size of the selected text, respectively. tdf#36187 (Cameron Paul)
Label / business card wizard
- Extension of label definitions with form (paper, page) size. Labels which are not centered on the form are created correctly now. (Winfried Donkers)
- All 1700+ predefined label definitions have been modified to include the form size, obsolete definitions have been removed. (Winfried Donkers)
- Recalculation of label position on the form. Label definitions with gaps between labels that are wider than the right margin now produce correct documents. Existing user defined labels are automatically extended with form size. (Winfried Donkers)
- The form size can be entered/modified in the wizard dialog: (Winfried Donkers)
- Ctrl+D fills-down in more familiar ways, filling with the contents of the cell above if no cell is selected, and filling down multiple cells with larger selections (Kohei Yoshida)
- 新的選項用來在新文件中指定自訂的工作表名稱前綴。 (Albert Thuswaldner)
- Improved performance of pivot table. Refreshing of pivot table should be now 35-50% faster than 3.5. In addition, memory footprint of pivot table is reduced significantly. (Kohei Yoshida)
- 在 Calc 中現在可以經由按下滑鼠右鍵的快顯功能表合併選定的儲存格。 tdf#37210 (Greggory Hernandez)
- 改善無效工作表名稱錯誤訊息。 tdf#45285 (Albert Thuswaldner)
- 匯出格式化條件到 xlsx (Markus Mohrhard)
- 改善 CSV 檔案匯入。
- Handle lines with more than 64k characters. tdf#48501 (Eike Rathke)
- Differentiate between "max rows exceeded" and "max columns exceeded" and "max cell size exceeded" error messages. tdf#48516 (Eike Rathke)
- Better handling of broken CSV files where generator didn't follow RFC 4180 quote rules. tdf#48621 (Eike Rathke)
- Import numbers in scientific notation without having to check "import special numbers". tdf#39716 (Eike Rathke)
- Better initial default separators, comma, semicolon and tab. tdf#38088 (Eike Rathke)
- Added a "Save cell formulas instead of calculated values" option to CSV export. tdf#45664 (Florent Gallaire)
- 新的試算表函式 DATEDIF ，如同 ODF OpenFormula 所定義的並且可增加和 MS-Excel 的互操作性。tdf#44456 (Winfried Donkers, Eike Rathke)
- 在儲存格中提供欄位項目。您現在可以插入日期、工作表名稱、標題欄位到儲存格中。為了插入欄位，將儲存格啟用於編輯模式，在儲存格上按右鍵，並且在快顯功能表單選擇插入欄位來插入欄位。 (Kohei Yoshida)
- 允許從自動篩選選單中排序資料。 (Kohei Yoshida)
- Improved performance of raw cell value import from xlsx documents. (Daniel Bankston)
- 允許由快顯功能選單快速地僅貼上文字、數字或公式。 (Noel Power)
- Added widescreen format for impress-slides. tdf#42986 (Rob Snelders)
- 在所有應用程式中支援日本明信片紙張大小。 (Takeshi Abe)
- 最近使用的文件列表會在儲存、另存新檔、全部儲存和關閉時更新。 tdf#37775 (Muhammad Haggag)
- Corel Draw 的匯入篩選器。詳見此 部落格。
- 有浮水印選項的 PDF 匯出。可以在 ▸ 看到。 (Andreas Mantke)
- New clean (and pretty!) About dialog. Access via ▸ (Andrew Higginson)
- Writer and calc use split color buttons, making it possible to apply the last used color with one mouse click for font, background, border and highlight colors (Winfried Donkers)
- Clicking >> will not show toolbar options anymore, the options could be shown by right-clicking the toolbar. tdf#38276 (Iain Billett)
- Rulers are now much cleaner and more light-weight (design by Mirek M., implemented by Jan Holesovsky)
- Implemented locale dependent date acceptance patterns for input of incomplete dates.
This prevents erroneous detection of dates in Calc and Writer cell input and CSV file import.
See blog article for details. (Eike Rathke)
- Added English_Malawi en_MW locale data. (Eike Rathke)
- Added Erzya_Russia myv_RU locale data.